Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,951 times)

Xhan

Xhan

The crux is timing, not Isaac's air supply; which is moot considering how often he was A mauled, and B used contaminated materials to reconstruct his gear and suit after being mauled. Downfall has all the information you'd need to reconstruct with outside examples.

QuoteSo does this mean he's going to be suffering from hallucinations forever? Even though he destroyed the Queen and the.... giant crystal thing?

Schofield has a history of playing fast and loose with canon, as we see in the ridiculous shit he and Amy Hennig injected into Legacy of Kain. He'll do whatever he thinks players want to see and what will produce turnover numbers. The current "standardized" Ishimura timeline will be altered by the Wii game, and you can bet if something can be introduced in the sequels to produce buzz, he'll do the same for sure.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well the point is that it was the Marker causing hallucinations. Could the air supply have contributed? I guess, but the Marker was the one actively doing it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why would air cause the hallucinations? The helmet he was using was supposed to keep him breathing. If you're drawing on material from the prequel movie, I wouldn't know this coz I haven't seen it.

dachande89

dachande89

QuoteSo does this mean he's going to be suffering from hallucinations forever? Even though he destroyed the Queen and the.... giant crystal thing?

Schofield has a history of playing fast and loose with canon, as we see in the ridiculous shit he and Amy Hennig injected into Legacy of Kain. He'll do whatever he thinks players want to see and what will produce turnover numbers. The current "standardized" Ishimura timeline will be altered by the Wii game, and you can bet if something can be introduced in the sequels to produce buzz, he'll do the same for sure.
[/quote]

I'm just hoping that if there is a sequel, that its doesnt become something like Cthulu where he has to worry about moments of insane hallucinations.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 25, 2009, 04:26:42 PM
Why would air cause the hallucinations? The helmet he was using was supposed to keep him breathing. If you're drawing on material from the prequel movie, I wouldn't know this coz I haven't seen it.

Isaac's got yucky stuff all over him and in the suit, that's not the issue, it's just the TIMING of the LS collapse as Kimba pointed out, that things happen that you can't attribute to communications or the PA/AV systems or 'Morphs screwing around. As pointed out, the Marker is clearly shown influencing people.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 25, 2009, 06:14:58 AM
I was just pointing out that the life support had nothing to do with Isaac's hallucinations, since he was totally isolated from the bad air on the Ishimura. Not to mention that the hallucinations continued not just after he fixed the air, but after he left the ship.

Not to mention the Marker caused hallucinations both among the miners on Aegis 7 and the crew of the Ishimura well before Isaac and his team even arrived (as shown in the comic book and animated movie prequels).

I know the marker messes with people's heads.  But it doesn't do it with everyone.  Hammond was unaffected as was the security guy in prequel comics. 

It also subjects them at different rates.  Kendra never had the psychosis that Isaac had.  It might have helped she knew what was up before hand.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe the marker affected only Isaac because he was personally connected to someone aboard the Ishimura?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

no it made the woman who came with you see her dead brother as well. It has to be something else.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The marker affects almost everyone.  Its a failed human experiement to duplicate the original marker.

The colonist heads used it to keep the hivemind in place.  Moving it around threw that balance out of whack.

The marker and the hivemind are two seperate things.  They have different motivations.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2009, 01:08:22 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 25, 2009, 06:14:58 AM
I was just pointing out that the life support had nothing to do with Isaac's hallucinations, since he was totally isolated from the bad air on the Ishimura. Not to mention that the hallucinations continued not just after he fixed the air, but after he left the ship.

Not to mention the Marker caused hallucinations both among the miners on Aegis 7 and the crew of the Ishimura well before Isaac and his team even arrived (as shown in the comic book and animated movie prequels).

I know the marker messes with people's heads.  But it doesn't do it with everyone.  Hammond was unaffected as was the security guy in prequel comics. 

It also subjects them at different rates.  Kendra never had the psychosis that Isaac had.  It might have helped she knew what was up before hand.
Yes, but that's just the Marker influencing people differently, it has nothing to do with the life support system or the bad air.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2009, 03:58:44 AM
The marker and the hivemind are two seperate things.  They have different motivations.
They don't just have different motivations, they have opposed motivations.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I thought the Marker was the Hivemind ???

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

No, the Marker is the big red/black thing you drag along throughout chapters 11 and 12. The Hivemind was the final boss.

dachande89

dachande89

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2009, 03:58:44 AM
They don't just have different motivations, they have opposed motivations.
[/quote]

Wait a minute... I thought the marker was linked with the creation of the hive mind and all her necromorph brood. I know it was also used to stop them at the end, but I thought the colony tampering with it brought about this... abomination of the flesh.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The markers were thought to be some higher organisms blue print of life.

There are two markers.

One is the original black one found on earth, the other is the red one encountered in the game.

Black one the scientiest tried to copy.  In the process they got the red one.  They also attempted to get the dna code from the original, but it turned out to be a recombinant virus that made people necromorphs.

The red marker was mostly useless because it made people crazy BUT it could stop the necromorphs from going apeshit.

Hence when the necromorph invasion happened originally, the government buried it at the time using the red marker.  Hence its constant whining about making it whole again.

In short necromorphs motivations are obvious.  They want to be free and eat people.  The markers motivations are the same as nicoles, she wants to be whole again to stop the necro's from going ballistic.

Basically they let you fill in the gaps early, and explained it a slightly different way later.

dachande89

dachande89

Ok so the marker did help to create the necros, and after they moved the marker, it started making them crazy, and released the virus into the air again which infected the dead in the colony... but how did those freaky things that morphed the dead come to be? Get created by the hivemind and the manage to get aboard the colony?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed