Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 95,357 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jan 18, 2009, 09:30:45 PM
The Thing was easy.

I didn't think it was.  Mind you I played the game when it first came out so I don't now how exploited its been found to be now.

A boss that there was no way to dodge without taking damage, another area immediately thereafter where your have no health and have to treck through a burning stair way where you take damage through scripted events.  It was ridiculously hard at times on the ps2.  Mainly because its glitchy as all hell, and not much thought was given to the later levels it seems.  The last hour and so before the whitley boss was probably some of the poorest (or intentionally difficult) gaming I can remember.  Hard boss, hard area immediately there after, no ammo, sniper barrage.  Then an easy finale.

The hanging wall monster was the toughest boss I can remember fighting outside of the Ninja Gaiden Sigma baddies.  Simply because it was a spray and pray boss.  You could exploit a glitch by standing right in front of it and shooting it, but you still took damage when you lit it on fire.

Its also essentially the same game on easy as it is on hard.  The only difference is the automatic lockon's range decreases the higher difficulty you select.  Which essentially can be negated by mastering the analog sticks.  Essentially its as hard on easy as it is on hard.

I've had an easier time so far beating Deadspace on Easy through hard as I did beating the thing on easy.  But then again, Deadspace is a better designed easier to control game.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

I recently found out that whoever made this game got the twisted "Twinkle,Twinkle, little star" song that's in trailer/movie (the one that plays at the press start menu) from the Alien: Ressurection teaser trailer. I bet you guys already knew that, though. Anyway, it's a cool homage.

Nobody

Nobody

This game is mean.

I've gone 10 minutes straight ammoless when two Slashers come out.  I got into a stomp and melee fight...

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Jan 21, 2009, 01:10:11 AM
I recently found out that whoever made this game got the twisted "Twinkle,Twinkle, little star" song that's in trailer/movie (the one that plays at the press start menu) from the Alien: Ressurection teaser trailer. I bet you guys already knew that, though. Anyway, it's a cool homage.

I posted a comment talking about that months ago. Alot of people would disagree with you.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Whoops. I think that it is more a homage/reference/throwback/whatever than it is a rip-off.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Alot of people would say it's a coincidence. I think it was an idea borrowed from alien rez.

MrLee

MrLee

I hate those bastard little creature things. The ones that come from the pregnant necromorphs.

I mean, yeah it felt good to flame thrower there asses but, the issue is, the flame thrower sucks balls on every other enemy.

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: mrlee on Jan 27, 2009, 12:37:22 AM
I hate those bastard little creature things. The ones that come from the pregnant necromorphs.

I mean, yeah it felt good to flame thrower there asses but, the issue is, the flame thrower sucks balls on every other enemy.
I dare you to let the tentacle skulls kill you

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I hate the baby ones. They shoot you with those f**king spike things and then run away like little assholes. Bastards. I enjoyed getting the achievement for kicking like ten of them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Logan on Jan 27, 2009, 01:27:22 AM

Those things piss me off to no end. I love watching Isaac beat the shit out of them.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Whenever I see a new enemy and it does a grab attack, I let it kill me the first time, so I can see the death. ;D

Exams are are over. I'm rewarding myself with a binge of Dead Space.

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 27, 2009, 02:21:09 AM
Quote from: Logan on Jan 27, 2009, 01:27:22 AM

Those things piss me off to no end. I love watching Isaac beat the shit out of them.

The Skull thingies rip your head off, replace it with themselves.. WHAT THE f**k?

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Ooo, I've got to try that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The game becomes boring after a while. Once I completed my 3rd run through and maxed all my weapons, I stopped playing.

Cyraxcog117

Cyraxcog117

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 27, 2009, 02:34:03 AM
The game becomes boring after a while. Once I completed my 3rd run through and maxed all my weapons, I stopped playing.

Same here but on that it was my fourth one threw.  The only acheivments I need are the 3 secret ones and the level 6 zero g basketball

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed