Looming SAG-AFTRA strike throws a monkey wrench into Alien series production

Started by Gimitko, Jul 13, 2023, 09:12:38 AM

Author
Looming SAG-AFTRA strike throws a monkey wrench into Alien series production (Read 18,299 times)

Local Trouble

SiL

When everyone can ask a generative AI to make a blockbuster movie, nobody's going to give a shit about Hollywood's specific generative AI output.

Hollywood will just end up back where they started -- actual actors, practical sets and effects, etc. It'll become the only selling point, and they'll be the only ones with the budget to pull it off.

Local Trouble

I can't wait until I can just ask AI to make a better sequel to Aliens and voila.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 13, 2023, 09:37:54 PMI can't wait until I can just ask AI to make a better sequel to Aliens and voila.

Pretty sure that already exists.

SiL

But Local could ask for 30% more Turk.

Nightmare Asylum

Today's Dune: Part Two delay from this November to next March means that the studios are really in this for the long haul. They've put their feet in the dirt and aren't budging any time soon at all; they have the resources and they're trying to just bleed the SAG/WGA members dry at this point. Disgusting. :-\

Ingwar

But they cannot bleed them out as SAG/WGA members have second jobs anyway, because they cannot earn decent money for working in multi billion movie industry. That's the most disgusting thing for me. I truly hope that the shit studios made for themselves will hit the fan with full force. It will get messy.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 10, 2023, 08:44:35 PMThat might be for the best.
I honestly my agree because I'm not hearing good stuff about the leaks, so maybe they get a restart The show and have another plot point is good

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 06, 2023, 05:16:35 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 10, 2023, 08:44:35 PMThat might be for the best.
I honestly my agree because I'm not hearing good stuff about the leaks, so maybe they get a restart The show and have another plot point is good

This show's been greenlit since 2020 and was originally pitched well before the Disney purchase of Fox. No start/stop at this point, due to the strike or anything else, is likely going to prompt Hawley & co. to totally reset what the overall vision is.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 06, 2023, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 06, 2023, 05:16:35 PM

This show's been greenlit since 2020 and was originally pitched well before the Disney purchase of Fox. No start/stop at this point, due to the strike or anything else, is likely going to prompt Hawley & co. to totally reset what the overall vision is.
After what I just heard in the other thread about specific leak, Yeah they really need to reset on the plot, Because what I just heard was baloney

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Gimitko

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/wga-strike-kenya-barris-noah-hawley-showrunner-meeting-1235721321/

"The message that several different clusters of showrunners are trying to send to guild leaders is clear: "It's not 'We're coming after you' but 'How can we help?' " in the words of one showrunner who has been involved.

There's been a concerted effort to keep this activity quiet, but that all boiled over late last week and on Monday. A group steered in part by showrunners Kenya Barris and Noah Hawley sought to set up a private meeting with Goodman and Keyser at a discreet location with about 20 to 30 writers.

Showrunners who steer multiple shows such as Barris and Hawley are feeling frustration as they field stories of hardship from crew members, support staff, outside vendors and others who depend on their shows being in production."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed