[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2023, 05:04:14 PM

Author
[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series! (Read 24,561 times)

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 04, 2023, 07:26:43 PMNo, youtube chuds like his project.
Really I would like to know what problems did it have.

Blackdawn

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 04, 2023, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2023, 03:18:32 PMThat was major mood swings between transcribing that interview and seeing a still!

of course - major bias in that interview. Their original project was rejected in favour of this. They were incredibly salty after that. Understandable.

I'm expecting that the anime would've been cool in the same way that something like.. Batman Ninja is cool - A wacky fun interpretation of a western franchise via japanese lens.
Would it respect "canon"? No. Neither did Batman Ninja. That's not the appeal of these things.
Would it look cool and be a lot of fun?? GOOD CHANCE OF THAT with this director. Black Lotus was a really cool show and Traitor of Mars was really good too.
"but it would've had a half alien/half human magical girl!" Yeah, that's anime bs, it's fine for what this thing is.

..i just hope the Predators got on a mecha at one point.
(even better if the mecha had dreadlocks for no reason).

hell - this thing is finished. It's not like the blomkamp weirdness, because this wouldn't change or or "impact the canon" in any real way, shape or form.

Nonsense to say "we dodged a bullet".
This series survived Alien Resurrection. :laugh:

Just release it.

Batman Ninja was fun to watch but not something to be taken seriously.

I'm with releasing it. Sounds like fun to me but not something to be taken seriously. It's already been made, might as well make a buck or two off it.

At this point, the fans of the franchise is what's holding everything up.

Enjoy

Looks beautiful.  Is the movie any good?

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2023, 02:47:16 PMI have finally transcribed the details from part 2 of the interview: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2023/10/04/western-animation-consultants-talk-culture-clash-further-details-of-aliens-vs-predator-annihilation/
You can definitely taste the saltiness in their commentary. Some of the stuff like deriding it as "too 90s" is sort of disingenuous coming from people who were literally planning to adapt a late 80s/early 90s comic book.

Human/Alien hybrid children can f**k right off, but where better for them to f**k off to than anime?

I can see why this was shelved, if the studio was worried about sinking the brand irreparably, but I wonder if maybe it isn't the complete dumpster fire they make out.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I do admit there's one ideas I like like with Hank dealing with PTSD from the predator hunt. And that's about it, Half the time it sounds like a rehash of the other films and the other time it goes off the rails.

But I do need to realize that this hasn't been released yet maybe it could've been grounded in some cases but who knows. And yeah that Xeno/Human Children controlling the Xenomorphs is dumb, it is weakened the xenomorph more, I said Something similar before but the Xenomorph is supposed to be the perfect organism and is being controlled by a child.

You know what, fine. I'll go with the releases team, let's see if our curiosity kills us or not.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Oct 05, 2023, 04:33:18 AMHuman/Alien hybrid children can f**k right off

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 05, 2023, 07:52:46 AMAnd yeah that Xeno/Human Children controlling the Xenomorphs is dumb

Whaaaat? Don't you guys want the forum/fandom to have an influx of sweaty, very single dudes extolling the virtues of their waifu, Xeno-Chan?

Corporal Hicks

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 05, 2023, 11:12:35 AMWhaaaat? Don't you guys want the forum/fandom to have an influx of sweaty, very single dudes extolling the virtues of their waifu, Xeno-Chan?
I remember Slof's Hive.

Corporal Hicks

That website was how I learned some things as a youngster. I had not been expecting that when I started reading.

Vucjoy1

You know how DC does the animated version of popular story arcs of their comics? I'd love to see Aliens VS DC animated.

Acid_Reign161

You know, there was part of me initially in the "it's done just release it" camp, and that image of the xeno fuels that.. but after consideration of all that we know about it... I think letting it die is the right call. Let's be honest, if whoever was responsible for AvP:R or The Predator had shelved those projects before we got to see them or any kind of trailer, we may all be sitting here on the little we were told about those prior to release shouting "release it, we want to see it" - I think I'd have been happier if someone had made the right call and disposited them in the bin too. If Disney have in their possession a complete series, and they are choosing *not* to release it when it could very well be easy cash-in on title alone, that tells me they are taking the franchise seriously, maybe more so than Fox did - and that's a good thing.

SiL

It was shelved under Fox.

Acid_Reign161

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Blackdawn on Oct 04, 2023, 10:18:57 PMAt this point, the fans of the franchise is what's holding everything up.

Another mess up like AVP and AVPR isn't wanted thank you very much. Is it really too much to ask for a awesome but consistent AVP media? Why should we ever settle for less? Xenos mind controlled by children-xeno hybrids?

I mean I can't be alone in that the fans of the AVP series, such as myself, fear another stain on the brand, AGAIN. The AVP2010 game was ok but then forgotten wayside and we only been getting comics and novels ever since. Entertaining ones here and there sure, but if we are getting one back in a motion media, live action or animated, I want one that is sure to be true to the series but also fun, exciting to watch that can bring in new people. I do love how Cyberpunk Edgerunners was that for the Cyberpunk series and I want that level of quality or greater for AVP.

In turn, it would also encourage Fox to make more AVP visual media that is lacking right now, because the films really made a huge stinker that scared them off from doing so up till this point with the shelved anime we got right here. Maybe if they released clips here and there, perhaps we can make up our minds more?
______________________________________________________________________________________

I still gotta say I can't believe the original comic run adaptation was dumped, it's perfect for an anime adaptation like I can't think of another better choice than the first comic run. 

Blackdawn

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 06, 2023, 01:00:32 AM
Quote from: Blackdawn on Oct 04, 2023, 10:18:57 PMAt this point, the fans of the franchise is what's holding everything up.

Another mess up like AVP and AVPR isn't wanted thank you very much. Is it really too much to ask for a awesome but consistent AVP media? Why should we ever settle for less? Xenos mind controlled by children-xeno hybrids?

I mean I can't be alone in that the fans of the AVP series, such as myself, fear another stain on the brand, AGAIN. The AVP2010 game was ok but then forgotten wayside and we only been getting comics and novels ever since. Entertaining ones here and there sure, but if we are getting one back in a motion media, live action or animated, I want one that is sure to be true to the series but also fun, exciting to watch that can bring in new people. I do love how Cyberpunk Edgerunners was that for the Cyberpunk series and I want that level of quality or greater for AVP.

In turn, it would also encourage Fox to make more AVP visual media that is lacking right now, because the films really made a huge stinker that scared them off from doing so up till this point with the shelved anime we got right here. Maybe if they released clips here and there, perhaps we can make up our minds more?
______________________________________________________________________________________

I still gotta say I can't believe the original comic run adaptation was dumped, it's perfect for an anime adaptation like I can't think of another better choice than the first comic run. 

Settling for less is what we've been doing since AVP.

The only reason I'm still a hardcore Yautja fan is because of the literature. I honestly couldn't care less about the movies or games. I'm 40, back in my day it was Predator, one comic, then one book. That was it. That book was AvP: Prey and I've been hooked since but strictly from the literature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed