Why is the earth ruined at the end of AR?

Started by Year0, May 06, 2023, 02:31:19 PM

Author
Why is the earth ruined at the end of AR? (Read 1,195 times)

Year0

Can never find an explanation for this..

After the finale, Ripley and the survivors arrive on earth. They discuss building new lives for themselves but the world is a desert ruin.

So all their efforts to prevent an outbreak were.. pointless?

Someone help me here or point out my ignorance.

kwisatz

Duel-wielding, android space ninjas rebelled.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Year0

Wait a minute. Just found out it is different in the original ending. Not the special edition. Still, seems pointless to try and save earth if there's no one there.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 06, 2023, 03:44:18 PMA toaster oven jihad one might say.
The androids take over? Is that canon. Am I being a retard?

Immortan Jonesy

~ Vegemite ~

SiL

Quote from: Year0 on May 06, 2023, 04:30:32 PMWait a minute. Just found out it is different in the original ending. Not the special edition. Still, seems pointless to try and save earth if there's no one there.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 06, 2023, 03:44:18 PMA toaster oven jihad one might say.
The androids take over? Is that canon. Am I being a retard?
There are people there. Paris just looks like that.

Immortan Jonesy

It must be a shit hole :P

Rankles75

Vivid and often nonsensical imagery is quite common in dreams.

aliennaire

That ending is an epitome of corporatocratic ruling on Earth the signs of which we saw in all Alien films.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Look at the worlds current events and state and tell me in 400 years time the world isn't gonna be f**ked up. There's gonna be some nuclear war, famine, pestilences, overpopulation (And you wonder why Building off world colonies has been mentioned so many times in all of the movies)

To Sum it up from a quote in AR "Earth, man. What a shithole."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed