Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 149,984 times)

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 16, 2024, 03:18:16 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 16, 2024, 01:16:51 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 16, 2024, 01:00:46 AMIt's almost as if Aliens is poorly written 80's action shlock, but with ground breaking special effects...
It's not poorly written at all.
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 16, 2024, 01:11:25 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on May 15, 2024, 10:26:37 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 15, 2024, 11:59:04 AMThe whole plot's down to them being stuck on Acheron, if they had a logical operation with a custodian on the Sulaco or several, nothing's stopping them from just evacuating.

True, but if the Nostromo had more lifeboats, a lot more survivors would've made it off. Parker and Lambert would've lived. Mistakes and incompetence are a trademark of the universe by now.

Parker and Lambert didn't die because of there being limited life-boats. The shuttle had enough room for four people
Ripley explicitly says it can't take 4. Even 3 is pushing capacity, hence needing the coolant.

None of that coolant Parker and Lambert were collecting made it onto the lifeboat, so how did Ripley survive for 57 years?
Another Aliens writing blunder.
you missed an important plot point in the first movie that does not conflict with the second movie.

Mike’s Monsters

I've ignored most of what's being discussed here. How's everyone feeling about ROMULUS in this ROMULUS thread? We should probably see marketing start to make it's slow ramp up to full speed soon.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 16, 2024, 04:43:54 PMI've ignored most of what's being discussed here. How's everyone feeling about ROMULUS in this ROMULUS thread? We should probably see marketing start to make it's slow ramp up to full speed soon.

I'm in full hype mode! 🤣 Bring on the advertising!!

Mike’s Monsters

I got to help out with some social media stuff that should be out closer to August. TikTok things and such.

cockroach

cockroach

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 16, 2024, 05:19:58 PMI got to help out with some social media stuff that should be out closer to August. TikTok things and such.
do you have an idea of when the next trailer will drop? hoping soon

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: cockroach on May 16, 2024, 05:23:36 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 16, 2024, 05:19:58 PMI got to help out with some social media stuff that should be out closer to August. TikTok things and such.
do you have an idea of when the next trailer will drop? hoping soon

Not sure, they've kept me in the dark on some things. I'm expecting any time now though. But we still do have a few months to go, so might be a little bit of a wait.

I know they want to keep a lot of things quiet and in the dark, so don't expect to see a ton of reveals or surprises in any of the trailers. I expect more of the similar vibe from the first trailer.

Nightmare Asylum

Some time next week, so that there's a new trailer to attach to Furiosa next week, still strikes me as a very valid possibility. We'll see!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

May 25 is another upcoming significant date...

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I'm intrigued to see Weyland-Yutani's role in this. Other than them owning Renaissance, im keen to see what else they are doing and why they have left it seemingly abandoned.

I'm still hoping to see some faces behind Special Order 937.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 16, 2024, 05:58:58 PMSome time next week, so that there's a new trailer to attach to Furiosa next week, still strikes me as a very valid possibility. We'll see!
You'd expect it to be rated by now.

The Cruentus

Is there actually going to be a new trailer for sure though?

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 16, 2024, 04:43:54 PMI've ignored most of what's being discussed here. How's everyone feeling about ROMULUS in this ROMULUS thread? We should probably see marketing start to make it's slow ramp up to full speed soon.
I'm f*cking excited for this movie! I'm not been this excited since JWD (only because the OG trio not because I thought that it would be a good movie). I have good feelings about this movie

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 16, 2024, 09:24:48 PMIs there actually going to be a new trailer for sure though?

Some time before August.

The Cruentus

May not be much point if its right before August  ;D

BigDaddyJohn

I'm really excited, but I know I'm gonna be conflicted about watching a new trailer, I fear they might spoil a bit too much...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed