Feral vs. Alien

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Aug 11, 2022, 10:47:17 PM

Who do you think would be the winner in this match?

I would say Feral wins by a very small margin
5 (10.6%)
I would say the Alien wins by a very small margin
3 (6.4%)
Feral Beats up the Alien without much trouble
7 (14.9%)
The Alien Beats up Feral without much trouble
13 (27.7%)
Both can win depending on the circumstances of the match
19 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Feral vs. Alien (Read 5,648 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: judge death on Aug 15, 2022, 10:10:59 PM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 09:50:39 PMAfter several shots Gorman killed the alien by shooting it in the head.
Sorry no, he didnt, he runs out of ammo and its coming for him and vazques when I checked the scene now. From the other direction comes another so they decide to kill themself with the grenade.

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 09:50:39 PMWhat are you talking about? Bears resist all kinds of ammo, it takes a minimum 44 caliber round to kill one.
Normal 9mm and 10mm like glocks can easily kill a bear when shot at the head or side, several cases here where 600kg brown bears has been killed with normal pistols.
They arent really bullet prof.

Besides avp movies we have thicker than blood, and other comics where a normal xenomorph are stronger in some cases and most cases just as strong as a predator.

But if we go after your theory: Predators can throw pounches of 2 tons and tear apart tank armour(that weights 5 tons if based on leopard 2 door), then a bear of measly 580kg/1200 pounds, is easy as hell,its not even armoured so not even a match. And you said xenomorphs have even less protection than a bear, then predators dont even need weapons, just throw a few fast punches and they are dead with ease. as you said their skeleton and muschles are very weak.
I dont even see how the xeno can be considered a worthy hunt for a predator with such unbalanced strenght leverls and technology, should be a cake walk.
I just watched the scene, the alien coming out of the vent was the one he was shooting. Cuts away to Ripley then back to Gorman and Vasquez, the Alien in the vent is dead with half it's body sticking out. Besides Vasquez kills an alien with a pistol in the scene she burns her leg. Yes in rare cases bears have been killed by small caliber well placed shots, Never said they were.                                    I've read that comic and they show no feats besides lifting Predators and tearing off paneling, which is strong, but not Predator strong. I never said Xenomorphs had less protection. I said bears have thicker mass and bone and muscle so in theory should be harder to kill. however the Xenomorph exoskeleton is an unknown variable and is obviously resistant to a lot of damage. I'm not denying that, it's just not as resistant as you claim. I think you are taking my words way out of proportion but OK.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I'd say Feral may have faired well against "vipers, wolves, and bears, oh my!" but he would struggle in a maul with a Xenomorph, the acid blood being a factor. He'd have to utilize the shoulder projectile weapon and those small discs that can cause an explosion. But I feel the Xeno would notice him like the wolf and rattle snake, which puts Feral in danger. Depends on the circumstances.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 10:23:13 PMI just watched the scene, the alien coming out of the vent was the one he was shooting, cuts away to Ripley then back to Gorman and Vasquez, the Alien in the vent is dead with half it's body sticking out.
Thats the one vasquez killed, camera angle is the same as we saw her take it out. ;) He shots his last shot, looks behind to where vasquez was earlier, we see the one she took out. When he looks back front where he shot his last shot, we dont see a dead xeno but one crawling towards them.

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 10:23:13 PMI never said Xenomorphs had less protection.
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 08:58:38 PMIf the a Predator can kill a bear which has a much thicker neck, head and skeleton than a alien
So better skeleton, better head, can resist pistol fire need a 44 to do it, while xenomorph cant. To me its pretty clear a xeno have weaker skeleton/protection than a bear from what you present.
You also said exoskeleton dont aid its skeleton either.

So no xenos dont have a chance at all against predators, surprised they even manage to kill one single predator with this strenght advantage.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: judge death on Aug 15, 2022, 10:32:36 PM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 10:23:13 PMI just watched the scene, the alien coming out of the vent was the one he was shooting, cuts away to Ripley then back to Gorman and Vasquez, the Alien in the vent is dead with half it's body sticking out.
Thats the one vazques killed, camera angle is the same as we saw her take it out. ;) He shots his last shot, looks behind to where vasquez was earlier, we see the one she took out. When he looks back front where he shot his last shot, we dont see a dead xeno but one crawling towards them.

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 10:23:13 PMI never said Xenomorphs had less protection.
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 15, 2022, 08:58:38 PMIf the a Predator can kill a bear which has a much thicker neck, head and skeleton than a alien
So better skeleton, better head, can resist pistol fire need a 44 to do it, while xenomorph cant. To me its pretty clear a xeno have weaker skeleton/protection than a bear from what you present.
You also said exoskeleton dont aid its skeleton either.

So no xenos dont have a chance at all against predators, surprised they even manage to kill one single predator with this strenght advantage.

Fair enough, Vasquez still kills an alien with a pistol to the head. I said "thicker" not better. I also stated it's an unknown variable. We don't know how durable it actually is, I'm just using the knowledge and references at my disposal. Yes bears have been killed with smaller caliber rounds with WELL placed shots and so have aliens. Well they certainly have a chance, they would most likely kill any unseasoned Predator in hand to hand.                                                  Like I said you're taking my words out of proportion and that's fine if you want to, but I never said aliens are weak or incapable, just not as strong as Predators. this is just an opinion of course, you can believe what you want. I also want to point out that I love Predator and Alien nearly equally and have incredible respect for aliens. I just don't see them as strong  as Predators, but it doesn't mean they are any less dangerous then they have always been.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Master on Aug 15, 2022, 10:19:59 PMRight, but it died when it's neck (spinal column) was broken. Adult alien has head placed in exactly thesame spot.
The Alien doesn't have its head in the same spot. The burster has a long rounded ridge that runs down the back that separates from the body and becomes the head. Technically that was crushed when Scar snapped it, so it's more like the Alien's head was crushed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed