Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 103,478 times)

City Hunter Yautja

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Only through the power of Christ can the Alien turn from their evil ways. 

Still Collating...

Some info shows that the game will be 12.5 GB in size, small though who knows what the day one patch has in store.

https://www.psu.com/news/aliens-fireteam-elite-ps5-file-size-revealed-isnt-a-big-drain-on-your-ssd/

I'm hoping it's well optimized as well.

seattle24

seattle24

https://twitter.com/manwith0317/status/1416003550606364672?s=21

Few new screenshots in this article. Top one looks like the Alien Covenant Alien model (notice the hands specifically as well as the shoulder area)

Still Collating...

Possible, though it could still be a lurker (Giger Alien) IMO.

City Hunter Yautja

I wish this game was going to be available on Mobile. I realize that is unrealistic to expect. But perhaps something akin to RTS like Aliens vs Predator Extinction? The Nintendo Wii often had a variation of games that played at lower Frsme rates and etc.

Hemi

Hemi

For convenience:

Thanks seattle24

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: Hemi on Jul 16, 2021, 11:57:56 PM
For convenience:

Thanks seattle24

Cheers! I'm rubbish with things like this  ;D

Hemi

Hemi

Sort of a review by the looks of it. Google translate of the text:

Quote"Aliens: Fireteam Elite" is a TPS developed by Cold Iron Studios and 20th Century Games in the United States. Twenty-three years after the movie "Alien 3", the game takes place in the player, a member of the colonial Marine Corps, and a large company, Wayland, which plans to use aliens and aliens for military purposes on the planet. "LV-895". Will fight against Utahi.

I'm glad the mecha and equipment that appeared in the movie are coming out, probably because the time is almost set. That dropship sits on the base spaceship, and the gear players can use includes items like huge "smart guns" and "pulse guns" that connect to the body with auxiliary equipment. Taste lyrics based on the settings are also included, so watching the movie is sure to get you excited.

There are 5 types of character classes that can be used: "Gunner", "Demolisher", "Technician", "Doc" and "Recon" . Experience points and levels are set for each class, and classes can be switched freely in the base spacecraft lobby. The platoon of players is a maximum of 3 people, and it seems important to organize according to the mission and the stage from 5 types of classes. In addition, the shortage of people will be filled with "synthetic" (synthetic human) served by AI .

This time I played the first two stages with Demolisher and Doc.
The control method is to aim with [L2] and shoot with [R2], two types of "skills" prepared for each class with [L1] and [R1], avoid rolling with [○] and when you are near from an obstacle [ Hide yourself with ×]. If you're used to TPS, you won't be too confused.

Platoons of players navigate through maps of facilities and caves on the planet to complete missions. Aliens lurk in various places like ceilings and shadows, and they don't know where they come from. At the bottom right of the screen is also a moving object sensor that shows moving objects with white light spots, which is familiar in movies , so we'll pay close attention to this and prepare for the attack.

The motion sensor is useful, but only gives you a rough idea of ​​the alien position. Although the white spot of light was so close to me that it overlapped me, there was nothing around me, and as I ran around, the hatch on the ceiling suddenly opened and an alien appeared! It's scary because situations like movies like... come naturally.
Repeated surprise attacks by aliens make me feel more and more uncomfortable. The author was surprised only by the steam coming out of the middle of the pipe onto the wall, and was wary of suspicion even though there was no response from the moving body sensor.

There are different types of aliens that attack, such as individuals that spit out acid and individuals that engage in close combat. If you think you can finally beat it, be on the lookout because the acidic bodily fluid blowing out of the corpse can collect on the ground and cause skid damage.

As a whole, it moves fast and has a high durability, so you have to keep shooting until the opponent gets stuck, but the player can't carry too many bullets. If you shoot too well, you can run out of bullets along the way.
The skills each class has are useful in such cases. Demorisher has the ability to fire missiles and blast away nearby enemies, allowing you to defeat many aliens at once. Doc can increase the attack speed of allies and set up pods to recover so it can be used as support.

Many of the skills can be revived after a cool time can be reused, but in other words they can't be used continuously, and attack types can involve friends, so it's important to work together while talking to each other.In the default difficulty, each player can also be revived by their friends up to 4 times, even if killed. Even in this pilot game, of course, voice chat became lively, such as "Aliens are coming from behind!", "Leave this to me!", "Ready! Help!"

What impressed me when I played it was that the "stillness" and "moving" of the original movie were firmly reproduced in the gaming experience. The contrast between the eerie "quiet" time before being attacked by an alien and the "moving" time in a fierce battle is impressive, and the attacking aliens are also very durable and attack with an overwhelming amount. , I felt like a marine who appeared in the movie "Alien 2".

I didn't get to experience it this time, but it looks like it will be worth it because it seems that you can buy weapons with the money obtained by completing the mission, and boost your skills and parks through collect and level up experience points. . .
According to the person in charge, there is no difference in expression of the overseas version, and at the time of release, only the PS5/PS4 version released by 3goo is localized in Japanese.

Drukathi

Drukathi

1. Skull is approved.
2. Is it just me or the characters are holding their weapons in a very strange and unnatural way?

The Necronoir

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 17, 2021, 06:49:42 AM
2. Is it just me or the characters are holding their weapons in a very strange and unnatural way?

Assuming you mean the smartgun, in which case that kind've goes with the territory. The harness means that the weightt of the gun is actually carried in the legs, with the arms serving to "steer" the weapon around the torso. I don't know if there are any real-world equivalents, so it's probably always going to look strange.

Drukathi

Drukathi

About Smartgun.

I think - it should be lower. At waist level. Also too far from the body. Like a weightless toy gun.

About Pulse rifle.

Looks weird. Feeling that he is holding a toy gun.

Right. The weapon is more tightly pressed to the body.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 17, 2021, 10:23:58 AM
I think - it should be lower. At waist level. Also too far from the body. Like a weightless toy gun.

There is a different harness in the game than one in Aliens movie. Thus a smartgun can be carried on the back and switched between left hand and right hand position.

Looks weird. Feeling that he is holding a toy gun.

It is caused by modern graphic aesthetics. Very plasticky, more detailed but still far from realism.

Right. The weapon is more tightly pressed to the body.

There is only one animation for those guns. Thus it saves available resources and avoids clipping issues as there is no skin flexibility feature implemented in game engine.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: molasar on Jul 17, 2021, 01:46:33 PM
It is caused by modern graphic aesthetics. Very plasticky, more detailed but still far from realism.

This is not caused by anything modern (other games are ok), nor aesthetic, graphic or animation. The position of the hands looks elongated, as if the marine admires a kitten or a vase, but doesn't hold a weapon.

The position of the hands looks indecisive in relation to the shoulder and head - this is not aimed shooting. Also, the weapon is not located at the level of the torso (approximately at the chest level) - this is not a blind shooting from the thigh. Shooting accurately from such a position is possible only if the weapon should not have an impact and be very light. Like a softball gun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed