Started by Sgt.Torque Reikan, Oct 05, 2007, 12:25:44 AM

witch one is better

Gears of war
6 (24%)
Halo 3
19 (76%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author
gears of war vs. Halo 3 (Read 2,123 times)

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

now that halo 3 is out witch game is better gears of war or halo 3 personaly I think halo 3 is halo 2 with a new paint job and so on the only problem is gears is its only 4v4 max

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

No comparison Halo 3 wins hands down.

Gears of War is good but in no way compares to Halo 3, well it does, only in the story and the pace of the game, but in multiplayer, gears can't even offer half of what the entire multiplayer in halo 3 offers to the player.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I like both.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Halo 3 is just a more recent game. I like Halo 3 more though.

Huol

Huol

Gears of war has better textures.
Halo 3 has better graphics overall.

Halo 3's storyline is immense, extremly detailed and backed up by novels and such.

I'm going with halo 3.

Aeus

Aeus

they were both the same untill...

Four player coop, customizable amours, unlockable content, skulls and terminals, FORGE, Theater and loads of other stuff.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 05, 2007, 12:30:10 AM
I like both.

Me too.. I really loved Gears when it came out, but admittedly I haven't touched it since Halo 3 came out (or even a little before that).  I think I am gonna vote for Halo.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

There both good games but i enjoy Halo 3 better.

DB

DB

Halo 3 owns the f**k out of Gears in almost every category. Even if you don't like the way Halo 3 normally plays out, you can change tons of shit to make it a virtually different game.

Major Alan Schaefer

Halo 3 and Gears are equla in my book...for diffrent reason
Halo 3= better story/vechiles/very fun gameplay/ few great charaters
Gears/amazing gameplay/great graphics/ok story/ really great charaters/ A GUN WITH A CHAINSAW ON IT and other great weapons

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

wow no love for gears :(

Stalker

Stalker

Gears is far superior to Halo 3 in my opinion. Its graphics, gritty realism, & unique gameplay get my vote any day. To be honest, the Halo series has always seemed far too toned down to be anything close to realistic. Admittedly Halo 3 was a bit darker & grittier, with more drama, & characters being killed off, etc. but it's still nowhere near as realistic or brutal as Gears.

Even on the multiplayer front Gears is far more interesting, straying away from the "shoot, die, respawn" scheme from almost every game around. You actually need to work together with your team & be careful to survive. The fact that, unlike in Halo 3, you can actually mutilate your opponents with chainsaws, shotguns & explosives is far more entertaining than watching your enemies just fall over when killed.

I personally think the only reason why Halo 3 has such a strong head in this poll is that many people have simply been whipped by the hype & don't want to accept the cold, harsh reality that the game did not live up to its massive expectations.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 09, 2007, 05:31:44 AM
Gears is far superior to Halo 3 in my opinion. Its graphics, gritty realism, & unique gameplay get my vote any day. To be honest, the Halo series has always seemed far too toned down to be anything close to realistic. Admittedly Halo 3 was a bit darker & grittier, with more drama, & characters being killed off, etc. but it's still nowhere near as realistic or brutal as Gears.

Even on the multiplayer front Gears is far more interesting, straying away from the "shoot, die, respawn" scheme from almost every game around. You actually need to work together with your team & be careful to survive. The fact that, unlike in Halo 3, you can actually mutilate your opponents with chainsaws, shotguns & explosives is far more entertaining than watching your enemies just fall over when killed.

I personally think the only reason why Halo 3 has such a strong head in this poll is that many people have simply been whipped by the hype & don't want to accept the cold, harsh reality that the game did not live up to its massive expectations.

EXACTLY! ;D

Cellien

Cellien

^ ...Naw.  I actually like Halo 3 a lot.  The only disappointing parts are the Flood levels.  I love Gears too.. but Halo has such a polished feel in gameplay and graphics.  Doesn't look as realistic as Gears but everything is so crisp, clean, and clear.  I did get into the hype, as I did with Gears... I wasn't let down at all by either game.  Halo 2 was a letdown, not Halo 3.  :)

2 cents.

Stalker

Stalker

Halo 3 is by no means a "bad" game, it's just that it fell short of what it could have been in my opinion. In essence, it was basically just Halo 2 with slightly better graphics, a few new weapons & vehicles, & that was it. I literally finished it in 2 nights on Heroic in my first play through, which to be honest was something of a letdown.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed