Predator sounds in solo private matches?

Started by SuperiorIronman, May 19, 2020, 07:46:09 PM

Author
Predator sounds in solo private matches? (Read 363 times)

SuperiorIronman

So I've been grinding away weapon levels for fireteam and so of course I've been running a lot of solo private matches. I would've recorded but I have no idea when this is going to pop up because I've been playing for several hours now and have only had it happen twice.

During my playthroughs I've noticed three sounds. Two of which is the sound for switching to the plasmacaster and the other is the Predator clicking while on the way to Exfil. I'm playing solo so I have no idea how these sounds are triggering with no Predator to do it. Anybody notice this as well or is this just ambient noise just to screw with the fireteam?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 19, 2020, 07:46:09 PM
So I've been grinding away weapon levels for fireteam and so of course I've been running a lot of solo private matches. I would've recorded but I have no idea when this is going to pop up because I've been playing for several hours now and have only had it happen twice.

During my playthroughs I've noticed three sounds. Two of which is the sound for switching to the plasmacaster and the other is the Predator clicking while on the way to Exfil. I'm playing solo so I have no idea how these sounds are triggering with no Predator to do it. Anybody notice this as well or is this just ambient noise just to screw with the fireteam?
The game might have spawned a invisible predator, i've seen it happen when someone leaves, basically a invisible dummy appears in the spawnpoint, and it cna be killed

the PlasmaCaster sounds also triggers when you spot a pickup/interactable

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

A fake predator sometimes shows up when an actual Predator player exits a game prematurely. They A. if he exits alive- fake predator takes over and executes the self destruct....(i cant validate this but it is my assumption--because some games when I see the predator leave the game entirely , he will self-destruct but all the way on the edge of the map corner which leads me to believe his placement isn't in check)
B. If the predator is downed and ready to do self-destruct and predator player leaves, a dummy might take over his body and instead they give him a second wind and AI takes over.
Why there is predator sounds during your solo game when no Predators have spawned is beyond my knowledge.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

The plasmacaster sound happened while I was shooting and aiming. I also wasn't near Predator spawns being in the half-way point between the two big bases with the solar panel truck. I was a bit away from the construction area so hearing the clicking would be odd unless there's a Predator spawn nearby I simply missed.

Running only fireteam I don't know why it would spawn a Predator when there's nobody to start as it nor anybody to leave. I guess it wouldn't be out of the question that the game has a Predator to load in but if there's also an A.I Predator in the match I only heard it and never encountered it during my grinding session yesterday.

For clarity this happened on the Overgrowth map.

acrediblesource

I'll give it a try myself, curious as to why that would happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed