Burke's fu*king vest.

Started by bobby brown, Dec 01, 2019, 04:19:46 PM

Author
Burke's fu*king vest. (Read 5,647 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Can you imagine what this guy thought in the morning before they left off for LV-426?

"I'll be visiting a different planet today, better bring my vest if it gets cold."
I know it was a terraformed planet and all, but how casual can interstellar travel be?

discuss in smaller groups.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Maybe it's some kind of tactical vest with pockets for ammo and pistols etc? In case Burke needs to go full Rambo.  :P

Have you got some more pics of his vest?

Dingbat

Dingbat

That would have been hilarious if when the marines were gonna kill him that instead of the power going down and the xenos coming if he'd just pulled out some pistols and dual-wielded everyone to death, then the 3rd and 4th films would be Burke 3 and Burke Resurrection.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Dingbat on Dec 01, 2019, 04:45:55 PM
Burke 3 and Burke Resurrection.

Stop, you killing me with that one  ;D

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

All I needed to see was the title for me to start giggling.

Spoiler
I think the vest is kinda cute. Fight me.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Vermillion

Vermillion

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Royale with jelly.

PsyKore

PsyKore

He can't wear that type of vest, he's just a grunt. No offence!

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

"Not to rain on your meme parade" but James Cameron had a two tier excuse.

1. (Let's) face it. Cameron was probably saving money on costume and set design costs every which way he could. Being frugal while getting as much out of the budget as possible in the 1980s, without knowing fans would accept an AVP 1&2 set on modern earth in future installments.

2. James Cameron said "in the future he can still see a business suit still being a business suit 100s of years from now". ALIENS had realism and he wanted people to associate suits as bad, untrustworthy people who abuse power.
Burke starts off in a suit during board meeting and Ripley introductions. I guess he "dressed down" into blue collar worker gear to fit in with colony workers. The colonists also sporting vests and lumber-jackets in deleted colony scenes. The white collar (suit), blue collar (lumberjacks) suggesting "lower class" = expendable for impregnation.

Vermillion

Vermillion

^this

bobby brown

bobby brown

I like that his suit in the beginning, is "futured-up" with a cropped collar.

Reminds me of Paul Dini's art direction on the animated Batman series. Particularly Batman Beyond.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I certainly get that- I personally prefer the Moebius inspired clothing of the Covenant for civilian wear.

xenochuck

xenochuck

Hey it just looks nice that is good enough for me.

The Old One

The Old One

Costume design is an underappreciated art.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed