Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 158,344 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Someone discovered the source of Adam Driver's armour design/motif:

QuoteThe armour of Adam Driver on the set of #TheLastDuel uses a motif appearing on the effigy of an English knight, Sir Robert Hilton (died in 1377) kept in a church in Swine (Yorkshire).

Better look at the title design on the crew ID cards:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9MUHrwI2XO/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9MY7kZqaEc/

Ingwar

Ingwar

Whoever discovered Adam Driver's armour design is a bloody genius :)

Just discovered that Harriet Wallter had cameo in The Force Awakens.

InterAlien

Hopefully this is rated R.

The set photos are impressive.

Ridley + sword & board has usually been great.

Ingwar

Quote from: InterAlien on Mar 03, 2020, 07:37:37 AM
Ridley + sword & board has usually been great.

It's hit (Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven) or miss (Robin Hood, Exodus). Hopefully The Last Duel will belong to the first category.

SiL

SiL

That basically describes Scott's filmography.

But hit or miss, it's always beautiful and well directed.

Le Celticant

Quote from: SiL on Mar 03, 2020, 10:16:13 AM
That basically describes Scott's filmography.

But hit or miss, it's always beautiful and well directed.

This and the variety of genre he encompasses. Sci Fi , Fantasy , Peplum , Historical, Horror, War , Psychological Thriller, Gangster, Comedy, Romance...
The fact hits and miss exist in each "genre" means he can handle them all, which is rare for a director.
Makes me think of Spielberg in a way also with the fact he produces a lot outside of his own movies.

Ingwar

Ben Affleck about his blonde hair going viral

QuoteDuring the red carpet premiere of his upcoming film The Way Back, the 47-year-old actor had the funniest reaction when he was asked about the hilarious blonde pictures going around on social media.

"What the f**k! I can't believe the blonde hair pictures," Affleck said. "I haven't even seen the [pictures]. I'm nervous because there's good ones... from the right angle... I'm looking a little bit like if [Draco] Malfoy [from Harry Potter] grew up and had a tough life and grew a goatee."

https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/1127523/here-s-what-ben-affleck-really-thinks-about-his-platinum-blonde-hair-going-viral

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Today they were filming at the secluded Fontfroide Abbey with 250 extras. No pictures of the cast or sets yet, will update this post if any appears:

QuoteFilming equipment on the set of "The Last Duel" Abbaye de Fontfroide. Narbonne, France.

The actual duel takes place at a field inside the Saint Martin des Champs Priory grounds (which is already encircled by the city of Paris at the time)   

It could be that Fontfroide Abbey or Bective Abbey in Ireland will stand in for Saint Martin des Champs Priory.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Another photo of Ben Affleck as Count Pierre (tbc), this one looks like a selfie:

Movie has barely begun shooting and there is already The Last Duel, Adam Driver fanart:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Abbaye de FontfroideFor several days, we had the immense privilege of welcoming to Fontfroide the director Ridley Scott, the actors Matt Damon and Adam Driver, and the actress Jodie Comer, as part of the filming of the film 'The Last Duel'.

So Ben Affleck not present at Fontfroide shoot.

Looks like they are pushing strong (artificial) "sunlight" through the stained glass windows:

From one of the extras at the Fontfroide shoot:

QuoteFor my 1st casting, 1st figuration & the 1st scene in my life, I played right next to #MattDamon & #JodieComer leaving the Shushing face, under the direction of Ridley himself.
2 hrs, intense and unforgettable of emotions & talent in live Winking face
#TheLastDuel
@Fontfroide1093

2,3,4 march 2020

Someone asked him an interesting question:

QuoteHow fortunate for you! Let's take advantage of your experience: is Ridley Scott still energetic, or is he still blaming his age? Does he have signs of weakness, is he now delegating a lot?
Thank you

To which he replied:

QuoteDespite his age,Ridley was very present in rehearsal,in direction of actors & went backstage to watch the sequence being recorded. He returned immediately afterwards to congratulate or make adjustments,if necessary,with actors or extras in attendance. Active,reactive & present!

https://twitter.com/Oliver_TweetR/status/1235356186414903296

The Last Duel trailer park at Abbaye de Fontfroide:

Ingwar

QuoteRidley was very present in rehearsal

Back to the roots? I hope so :)

InterAlien

This film is going to be so gorgeous. Mah man Riddles is always on point.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The period in which the film takes place (late 14th century) presents an excellent opportunity for Ridley to create a unique look with it's outlandish costumes, Gothic architecture, elaborate pageantry, putrid, disease-ridden, overcrowded medieval cities and war-torn landscapes.

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 05, 2020, 05:35:25 PM
QuoteRidley was very present in rehearsal

Back to the roots? I hope so :)

I remember we were discussing whether Ridley still did rehearsals a while back.  ;)

They are now filming at Château de Berze:

Quote"The Last Duel"
Shoot day #14
European castle⚔📽🎞
Berzé-le-Châtel.
#TheLastDuel #RidleyScott #JodieComer #MattDamon #AdamDriver
Photography: scinortila

Short video of the set

https://twitter.com/Avoca70/status/1235923404651364354

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 06, 2020, 03:55:25 PM
The period in which the film takes place (late 14th century) presents an excellent opportunity for Ridley to create a unique look with it's outlandish costumes, Gothic architecture, elaborate pageantry, putrid, disease-ridden, overcrowded medieval cities and war-torn landscapes.

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping to see. Probably the biggest merit of The Last Duel will be the fact that, as far as we know, everything is being shot on location (interior and exterior). No studio/backlot, sound stage and green screen, unless I'm wrong.

RidleyScott99

Ridley Scott is my favorite Director of all time even with his problems. I hope is similar to his first film The Duellists. Even today, the final scene of The Duellists is the most beatutiful scene I ever saw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed