First cut of Alien (Read 5,507 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jun 13, 2019, 12:29:56 PM
All right thank you !

And what about these scenes :

https://youtu.be/_bqTsbK8tI8

https://youtu.be/SmGzYjJYvU4

For the both of them, I don't know some shots... For example, in the second one, where the Alien put his hand on Parker's face ?

And I have one more question about Alien Redux, before the Lambert's Death, there is a shot where she's testing a bottle but I don't remember it either...
The Chestburster footage is from the mult-angle feature.

The (lovely) shot of Lambert entering the coolant locker and testing the bottles is from the 3hr Beast Within documentary.

The shot of Parker's head being crushed against the wall by the Alien, is from the ALIEN Saga documentary - found on disc #06.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 12, 2019, 09:28:19 PM
The outtake of the Alien in the corridor, I have no idea as to its origin but I was lucky enough to have found it with someone's help. This, definitely should have been part of the Blu-ray set.

I got that shot from an AVP: Requiem behind the scenes video which is available to download here on AVPGalaxy.  Click here and skip to the 2:35 mark. I clipped, slowed and resized the footage and uploaded it 9 years ago on Vimeo  :) below is the original video I uploaded.

https://vimeo.com/8973812

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

And the fans of ALIEN say, "Thank you!"   ;D

SM

SM

Interesting that the shot they ended up using had the Alien facing the other direction when it stood up.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 14, 2019, 02:41:22 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 12, 2019, 09:28:19 PM
The outtake of the Alien in the corridor, I have no idea as to its origin but I was lucky enough to have found it with someone's help. This, definitely should have been part of the Blu-ray set.

I got that shot from an AVP: Requiem behind the scenes video which is available to download here on AVPGalaxy.  Click here and skip to the 2:35 mark. I clipped, slowed and resized the footage and uploaded it 9 years ago on Vimeo  :) below is the original video I uploaded.

https://vimeo.com/8973812
Thank you very much! It's good to see it in normal speed.

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2019, 03:04:29 AM
Interesting that the shot they ended up using had the Alien facing the other direction when it stood up.
Perhaps the shot was flipped?

Hudson

Hudson

As was pointed out today, Ripley climbs down from a non-existent deck to slap Lambert in the deleted scene, so they do what they gotta do.

SM

SM

QuotePerhaps the shot was flipped?

No, the angle on the shuttle hatch behind appears to be correct from Ripley's POV.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2019, 04:31:18 AM

No, the angle on the shuttle hatch behind appears to be correct from Ripley's POV.
Perhaps the change in position (the Alien's back turned to Ripley) was again to illustrate its unerring ability to sense its victims, also providing continuity with its earlier defensive strike at Parker?

The angle of the entrance to the shuttle is indeed correct in both shots. A screenshot of Ripley's first peek around the wall, followed by her later second:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 14, 2019, 05:08:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2019, 04:31:18 AM

Perhaps the change in position (the Alien's back turned to Ripley) was again to illustrate its unerring ability to sense its victims, also providing continuity with its earlier defensive strike at Parker?

That's super optimistic in terms of intentionality. But maybe.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 14, 2019, 05:09:52 AM
That's super optimistic in terms of intentionality. But maybe.
A happy accident or intentional? I don't know, but it works quite nicely for the film.

SiL

SiL

Scott said one of the reasons he had the eyes removed was so you couldn't tell where it was looking, so I don't see why it's optimistic.

Hudson

Hudson

You're right.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Okey, thank you for all of yours answers !  ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 14, 2019, 04:28:23 AM
As was pointed out today, Ripley climbs down from a non-existent deck to slap Lambert in the deleted scene, so they do what they gotta do.

Yeah, that's always bugged me too :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 15, 2019, 12:06:31 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Jun 14, 2019, 04:28:23 AM

Yeah, that's always bugged me too :)

Most viewers don't know, don't notice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed