Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel.

Started by 0321recon, May 29, 2019, 03:31:02 AM

Author
Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel. (Read 6,293 times)

Mr. Clemens

Oh my god, those commercials are charming.  :D

Corporal Hicks

Come on, folk. Back on topic.

Interview is now on YT:

Evanus

He starts talking about Cameron's plan at around 25:55.

So he definitely said it, and I doubt he'd be lying.  :D

Samhain13

CONFIRMED!  :P

Local Trouble

He seems uncertain and possibly confused to me.

So, yeah, definite confirmation.

Voodoo Magic

I do believe those two commercials, especially the Chunky Soup, will show us the Ellen Ripley they are shooting for if this prequel gets greenlit and they de-age Sigourney Weaver. They have done some amazing de-aging in the MCU and the technology will only get better.

The Old One

The Old One

70's Sigourney Weaver's a real QT.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 04, 2019, 03:30:34 PM
70's Sigourney Weaver's a real QT.

Do people even notice the soup?

The Old One

The Old One

I don't.

Voodoo Magic

If not this Alien prequel, I am looking forward to the day they de-age an actor for an entire film.

They did de-age Arnold Schwarzenegger for the first 1984 act of Terminator Genisys pretty successfully.

Local Trouble

It seems they've come a long way since Tron Legacy.  De-aged Jeff Bridges was a horror show.

The Old One

The Old One

I dunno, weird territory.

I imagine a nightmare future with complete digital recreations of Alien every 20 years.
The Rachel recreation for Blade Runner, is by far the best one though.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 04, 2019, 03:43:22 PM
I dunno, weird territory.

I imagine a nightmare future with complete digital recreations of Alien every 20 years.

I know. Deceased actors will be software owned by the heirs still doing movies. It's crazy.

The nightmare for me is the tools available to the common user. Look at this video where a youtuber changes comedian Bill Hader's face to both Al Pacino and Arnold Schwarzenegger depending on the impression he's doing. Are we even going to be able to trust video anymore, like video surveillance? Scary stuff!

Sandman 7

Sandman 7

I think this bringing back characters/actors in digital form isn't quite there yet.  Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One was almost comic book like, Carrie Fisher as Leia in the later Star Wars films was almost there, as was Rachael in Blade Runner 2049. but imho Its always the eyes that aren't quite right. (even when they are not green ;) )

I also think, you are so focused on the digital re-creation, perhaps searching for faults, you sometimes miss whats happening in the scene itself. I guess there will be a time when the technology is so good, we will no longer focus on it so much. 

ie I remember watching 'The Thing' prequel, and although I generally enjoyed it, the CGI monster was so (for best of word)...  'bland', it totally lost the vibe of the original for me, resulting in me focusing on it throughout the whole film, which ultimately left a bad taste.

Evanus

The CGI in The Thing was tragic.. but CGI is a lot better now. I think we're getting very close to being able to de-age older actors without it being noticeable at all. Rachael was really good, and Fury in Captain Marvel was pretty much perfect, even though Samuel L. Jackson has barely aged in real life.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed