Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 84,406 times)

Perfect-Organism

I know.  But what if Avatar 3 tanks?  Could happen?

The Old One

The Old One

Possible but I doubt if so-
the man wants to go directly to Alien afterwards,
I imagine after so much time gone to waste, demoralisation.

Nukiemorph

He has stated that he wants to do Avatar movies for the rest of his career.

Having read that, the chaos-craving part of me wants to see what would happen if Avatar 2 flopped hard.

Nightmare Asylum

Well Avatar 3 is a guarantee regardless.

Gazz

Gazz

A reddit user has created a list of all the projects that have been scrubbed from the Fox development slate. These are projects in any form of development with Fox, from pitch to active development. Many of these projects would never be made but some were quite far along.

I've only given it a cursory glance but the mooted Alien sequel appears to not be on that list...

https://imgur.com/a/dKxcoRv

Take with a grain of salt, of course.

Evanus

Is that leaked info? Either way you're right, doesn't seem like there's an Alien title in there...

Gazz

Yes, it's apparently a leaked list from a reddit user but many are regarding it as genuine. With the people they've let go, I imagine this information would leak but who knows.

Evanus

Evanus

I think I found the post, yeah. No mention of an Alien film at all. He does say there were 5 Ridley Scott produced films.

Edit: so I asked him about the next prequel and he replied. Basically he said that Scott Free is attached to do the film, Disney/Fox aren't. And that Disney won't kill the franchise. We'll see how trustworthy he is, I suppose.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 11, 2019, 12:41:24 AM
That would be the dream solution.  Come on Jim, show Riddles how it's done.

I don't think he's mean spirited enough in his old age to do more Action-Horror. It's all Action-Adventure from here on out for him.

SuperiorIronman

Are we sure that's correct?
Venom 2 is on that list and Venom is a movie property tied up with Sony, not Fox.

And otherwise I wasn't aware they'd have the rights to the 2005 horror film of the same name nor would imagine if they did they'd even remember it.

Evanus

That one's a bit of a puzzle, yeah. Still, it seems legit. Doubt someone would go through all this trouble just to troll some people. But you never know  :D

SM

Also seems odd that Disney/ Fox isn't attached to an IP they own - but Scott Free is?

Evanus

He seemed a little uninformed about the whole Alien situation. He wasn't sure who had the rights to the franchise. Obviously Disney has the rights now, so whatever Scott's up to he'll have to work with Disney.

I think he just meant that Scott Free is hoping to do a new film, but Disney hasn't greenlit anything officially.

Perfect-Organism

Is it remotely possible Scott Free could purchase the rights to the Aliens ( :P) series and just run it himself?  Nah...

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 12, 2019, 12:36:51 AM
Is it remotely possible Scott Free could purchase the rights to the Aliens ( :P) series and just run it himself?  Nah...

That would be strange if they could. I don't see Disney doing that however seeing as AVP was PG-13 and is eligible to get on Disney+ assuming Fox's back catalogue goes there. Seeing as AVP is part of two franchises, they'd likely need the rights to do that and host it. Losing Alien means they'd probably loose two films and while they aren't great that's still two films Disney can't profit off of. Getting the back catalogue for better or worse was kind of the point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed