Drake vs. Vasquez

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Feb 20, 2019, 10:57:00 PM

Who is the better and more memorable smartgunner?

Drake
6 (26.1%)
Vasquez
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author
Drake vs. Vasquez (Read 8,723 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I like Vasquez a lot, she's probably my favourite Marine character- that said, she basically kills Drake and doesn't learn from her mistake.

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2019, 10:13:59 AM
Do you remember about when? I'll have a gander through the archives.

Sometime around the films release in 1986 I think.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2019, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2019, 10:13:59 AM
Do you remember about when? I'll have a gander through the archives.

Sometime around the films release in 1986 I think.

I've just flicked through 108 to 120 and canne see anything. Definitely Starlog?

Can't recall the old Aliens Legacy url to Wayback that either.

Nevermind, found it! PlanetAvP to Alien Legend to Alien-Movies.com!

https://web.archive.org/web/20020802101129/http://www.alien-movies.com/index_frames.html

QuotePFC Drake was recruited from juvenile prison where he had been serving a life sentence. In the Marines, he is trained to use the Smart Gun, and leads the troops through the Processing Station in their search for the aliens.

Also, did anyone know Alien Legend was featured in the Alien Saga doco from the early 00s? I used to love that site.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I thought it was in the script that Drake and Vasquez were from juvenile prison.

SM

SM

It does indeed now that you mention it.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'd say to your average movie watcher Vaz is more memorable.
Since Aliens is probably one of my most watched movies ever though, they're both equally memorable for me. I do wish we had gotten to see more of Drake's personality though.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 22, 2019, 01:51:11 PM
I'd say to your average movie watcher Vaz is more memorable.
Since Aliens is probably one of my most watched movies ever though, they're both equally memorable for me. I do wish we had gotten to see more of Drake's personality though.

I think we'd learn a lot if we could figure out all the little things he's wearing around his neck.

I swear, one of them looks like a gold pine cone.

Did he rob a Michael's?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Well in one of the BTS videos I remember watching, someone (it may have been Bill Paxton?) saying how Cameron brought them all into a room with a table full of stuff to customize their armor/look with.
Drake definitely has some bones hanging from his neck when he wakes up from cryo, and he also has some dangling from his hat and his gun. I'm pretty sure Mark Rolston gets interviewed in that same part of the video and talks about it a little bit. I don't think he says anything about the characters mindset, but it definitely gives you a little bit of look into what his personality may have been like.

I can't remember the name of the video, but I'm pretty sure it's the same one where Michael Beihn mentions how much he hated the heart on his armor that Renner had added because it looked like a big bullseye to him  :D

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 22, 2019, 03:23:20 PM
Well in one of the BTS videos I remember watching, someone (it may have been Bill Paxton?) saying how Cameron brought them all into a room with a table full of stuff to customize their armor/look with.
Drake definitely has some bones hanging from his neck when he wakes up from cryo, and he also has some dangling from his hat and his gun. I'm pretty sure Mark Rolston gets interviewed in that same part of the video and talks about it a little bit.

I can't remember the name of the video, but I'm pretty sure it's the same one where Michael Beihn mentions how much he hated the heart on his armor that Renner had added because it looked like a big bullseye to him  :D

It was brought up during the Aliens EXPOsed con as well. The moderator asked Rolston about it, and he mentioned kinda just picking whatever without much of a thought.

I would love to go back in time to see that part of filming.

But I still think some of what he was wearing with the bones were old Christmas ornaments that Cameron didn't want anymore.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I like them both but Vasquez had more screen time and more memorable moments.

Adam802

Adam802

Def Vasquez, though she has the advantage of surviving the 1st encounter with the aliens and thus being around for longer in the movie. 

Huggs

Huggs

I prefer Drake. But Vasquez is the better known, and likely the better fighter. If nothing else, more aggressive.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 24, 2019, 06:40:48 AM
I prefer Drake. But Vasquez is the better known, and likely the better fighter. If nothing else, more aggressive.

So why there still no votes for him?  :)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 24, 2019, 08:44:05 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 24, 2019, 06:40:48 AM

So why there still no votes for him?  :)

Yeah. I mean, I put both, but this is getting a little sad.

Poor Drake.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Drake: gets a couple lines and a quick funny moment, is offed fairly quickly

Vasquez: gets to halfway the film and is far more developed

difficult choice

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed