DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues)

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 20, 2019, 04:32:00 PM

Author
DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues) (Read 42,848 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Brian Wood is doing another Ripley story in May!

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-dark-horse-announces-aliens-rescue

Corporal Hicks

I wonder who Alec is. A character coming up in Resistance, I guess?

Frosty Venom

Great news!

Mild spoilers in that article for Resistance.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2019, 05:16:41 PM
I wonder who Alec is. A character coming up in Resistance, I guess?

Sounds like.

I'm not overly fond of the idea of the ever-expanding Amanda Ripley chronicles (loved Isolation but it felt pretty self-contained to me, despite cliffhanger ending), but I'll probably check this out just for the hell of it. Still haven't read any of Defiance or the first issue of Resistance yet; gonna just do a big binge read of it soon to see what it is all about.

The Old One

The Old One

Really?

Exciting and disconcerting all at once.

Still Collating...

Another one? Resistance has barely started. Wasn't expecting this. I look forward to it and hope that it closes off Amanda's story. It's defiantly interesting to have one writer tackle so many stories, at least he can explore his ideas to the fullest. We'll see how that ends up. Not expecting anything unbelievably great, but I'm excited to see this much media for Amanda and the franchise.

Ultramorph

Looks like this might be a stealth ongoing like Aliens was back in the 90s, one mini after another. I'm fine with that.

The Old One

The Old One

Not very stealthy though is it?

At least hopefully, with the same team attached all the way through it won't go off the rails.

Samhain13

Resistance is still at issue 1 and they are already announcing a sequel? I don't get where they got that people are that interested on more of Amanda.

Nostromo

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 20, 2019, 04:32:00 PM
Brian Wood is doing another Ripley story in May!

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-dark-horse-announces-aliens-rescue

HHHHHHHHHHOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo nice, keep em coming DH baby! Instant Amazon TPB Pre Order!!!!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 20, 2019, 06:15:40 PM
Resistance is still at issue 1 and they are already announcing a sequel? I don't get where they got that people are that interested on more of Amanda.

Personally, I'd be more interested in getting the backstories of the rest of the Nostromo crew, the Sulaco Marines, and the prisoners on Fury 161. There is so much more in this universe than just the Aliens and the Ripleys.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 20, 2019, 06:48:08 PM
Resistance is still at issue 1 and they are already announcing a sequel?
I don't get where they got that people are that interested in more of Amanda Ripley.

Personally, I'd be more interested in getting the backstories of the rest of the Nostromo crew, the Sulaco Marines, and the prisoners on Fury 161.
There is so much more in this universe than just the Aliens and the Ripleys.

Agreed.

Xiggz456

Fantastic news! I'm loving that all of this content is coming out this year! Great time to be a fan!

SM

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 20, 2019, 06:48:07 PM

Personally, I'd be more interested in getting the backstories of the rest of the Nostromo crew, the Sulaco Marines, and the prisoners on Fury 161. There is so much more in this universe than just the Aliens and the Ripleys.

Slight issue with this is, if you put 'Aliens' on the cover - readers logically expect Aliens in the book.  Those sorts of stories can't include Aliens.

The Old One

The Old One

Correct. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed