Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived?

Started by Kradan, Feb 10, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Would you feel better about this?

Yes
33 (45.8%)
No
39 (54.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived? (Read 32,141 times)

Local Trouble

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Randy pitched ACM to Biehn.

Voodoo Magic

It probably sounded amazing.

Local Trouble

Biehn: "Didn't my character die in Alien 3?"
Randy: "Nevermind about that.  We've got Turk."

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao, pathetic.

JokersWarPig

Ya'll keep talking trash about mah boi Turk

Kimarhi

Had they have survived I'd have believed the scope of the films would have been wider and we would have probably gotten more action set pieces. 

So I think it really depends on whether you were an Aliens fan or not. 

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 03, 2019, 03:30:58 PM
Had they have survived I'd have believed the scope of the films would have been wider and we would have probably gotten more action set pieces. 

That's the fallout coz of people's perceptions of it all. Alien 3 was an end for Ripley and the rest, it's just the (stupid) opinion that you can't have Alien without Sigourney that prevented a wider scope.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wonder what's going through Biehn's mind at this point.  First he was hired to voice Hicks in ACM, then he was hired to voice Hicks in the audiobook of Gibson's Alien 3.  Not to mention all the buzz about Blomkamp's project bringing him back.

It must be frustrating to know there's a real demand for Hicks to return, only to see the years go by and nothing come of it.

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 03, 2019, 10:09:19 PM

That's the fallout coz of people's perceptions of it all. Alien 3 was an end for Ripley and the rest, it's just the (stupid) opinion that you can't have Alien without Sigourney that prevented a wider scope.

We have Alien without Sigourney and people moan about that too.

Local Trouble

Is that why we got The Endless Adventures of Amanda Ripley?

SM

No, we get them because she's a popular character.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Aug 03, 2019, 10:20:24 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 03, 2019, 10:09:19 PM

We have Alien without Sigourney and people moan about that too.

Now we do, but the 90's was the time to branch out with that, right after 3. There was a golden opportunity to do something different back then and Rez f**ked it up by being a contrivance to get Ripley back rather than just doing something else with the creatures and setting.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AM
At least Alien 3 left all the worldbuilding intact...then Alien Resurrection flushed it all down the toilet.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 03, 2019, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AM
At least Alien 3 left all the worldbuilding intact...then Alien Resurrection flushed it all down the toilet.

I genuinely enjoy the finished product. But as a basic concept, it's lazy and completely unnecessary.

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 03, 2019, 10:11:44 PM
I wonder what's going through Biehn's mind at this point. First he was hired to voice Hicks in ACM, then he was hired to voice Hicks in the audiobook of Gibson's Alien 3.  Not to mention all the buzz about Blomkamp's project bringing him back.

It must be frustrating to know there's a real demand for Hicks to return, only to see the years go by and nothing come of it.

Now you are making me feel sorry for the guy. All that teasing with no payoff can't be good in the long term.

Quote from: SM on Aug 03, 2019, 10:28:16 PM
No, we get them because she's a popular character.

I don't see it. People liked Isolation for the game mechanics not Amanda. You could replace its main character with even Turk and it would still get a thumbs up. From what I remember at first people didn't like the idea of Amanda being on the game but then got over it due to how good the game was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed