Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 23,535 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 14, 2020, 10:30:43 PM
Canon wars can never truly be over.

Caste/cowl

First time I've seen these fightin' words in a while, and I was actually explaining to a youngster just the other day about the Caste vs Cowl and DNA Reflex wars. The shrapnel wounds still hurt on a cold day.

Local Trouble

Xenomrph

[cancerblack]

Local Trouble

Xenomrph

Local Trouble

But I hear tell he won.  :-\

426Buddy

He was a passionate lad

Xenomrph

Local Trouble

I feel like I missed out on so much history.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 13, 2020, 07:34:12 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2020, 08:19:04 AM
Learn something new everyday. I always thought it was Species. lol It's why I didn't blink when we had S1L join. It's not like we don't have 1 thousand Hicks.

Whatever happened to that "Corpral Hicks" imposter? That guy was something else...

:laugh: He self-corrected after a period of isolation.

Quote from: S1L on Nov 13, 2020, 07:34:56 PM
Will they be doing other shelved versions like this? Like Vincent Ward's etc.

We've no idea at this point.  :-\ It seemed Dark Horse were quite happy to continue, but we've no indication of what Marvel will do yet. I don't expect any word from them until the end of the year, once Dark Horse's license is up either.

QuoteAlso was there ever any other ideas for the second Alien movie instead of Aliens? I remember being on a forum years ago now and a guy (Who probably is on here. Was a cool dude who made mock props form Alien) was one of the original Alien fans. He said he walked out of Aliens along with other Alien fans at the time as it wasn't what they had in mind etc. I always wondered what it was before we got Aliens that people thought of in terms of a sequel?

Ask and ye shall receive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XqRwQu57J0!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 16, 2020, 01:25:34 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 16, 2020, 01:01:08 AM
But I hear tell he won.  :-\
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 14, 2020, 11:47:58 PM
A misconception

He may (or may not) have lost the forum wars, but a man who looks that much like Prince can only win IRL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 16, 2020, 01:14:13 AM
He was a passionate lad

Putting it mildly :D

Drukathi

Drukathi

What is сanon? Some kind of church teaching?

A films are artistic works. Sometimes they have a continuation, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the story is rewritten and changed from scratch, sometimes - from a certain moment. You can look at the whole work, and sometimes only at a part. You can admire the whole work, and sometimes only part. Sometimes you need to delete and rewrite the unlucky and ugly piece of work.

Enjoy, watch and analyze each film individually or in combination with others. But do not think that the story you are watching is as dead as the unnatural dogmas. And if someone announces a reboot or a retcon, we must accept it as another piece of art. Instead of splashing saliva and yelling in a fit of rage: "NOOOO, THIS IS A DANGER FOR CANON! THIS IS HERESY! WE MUST PROTECT CANON! THE STORY SHOULD NOT BE REWRITED!".

But I understand why people love and defend the canon - it allows the brain to be lazy and proud at the same time. People defend the canon as an unchanging set of rules and guidelines, not realizing that at the will of the studio, everything can change easily and quickly.

So, fk the canon.

And, if canon is a kind of church teaching, then headcanon is is a sect.

So, fk the headcanon too.

SM

'Enjoy, watch and analyse but don't you dare enjoy or analyse anything pertaining to canon'.

Drukathi

I disagree with you. Too harsh point of view.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed