Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 23,129 times)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 11:00:50 PM
Hicks and Newt survive in my headcanon. Like with William Gibsons script for Alien 3.
Not directed at you but more to the gibson script and those who think its a such missed chance of greatness: I dont see it, to me it was a silly story and WTF:
Alien eggs grows out of androids, so androids/robots somehow can become eggs for a biological animal ehm okay, found it extremly hard to believe and not looking silly that an alien egg grows out of bishop.Then xenos should in the future just capture as many androids as possible, hack them to pieces and each piece willl become a egg xD

Aliens with red eyes... I need to reread it but didnt understand why they got eyes but it was extremly silly and made the xeno way less scary, only good thing was that a normal xeno killed that abomination.

Aliens growing inside humans and once getting upset or if the xeno wants: breaks out of the human skin, cant see that turned into a good effect in a movie and how in hell shall a xenomorph fit inside a human frame especielly the head and where does this even make sense from what we saw in alien, aliens and the eu? Xenomorphs using human bodies and fits inside human bodies ehm thats too far stretched from how xenomorphs work.

Plus the story wasnt good, the best parts where the different nations and political stuff but it dont make a such good movie, can see why some fans like it as hicks gets more stuff to do and isnt killed and newt is sent away to her family relatives and survives and hopefully never get to face a xenomorph again.
Dislike the idea of newt hicks and ripley and saw some fans wanting amanda ripley to also join in on that family idea and they all go out fighting xenos left and right xD

Local Trouble

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 13, 2020, 01:00:17 AM
Poor Newt drowned and Hicks got a beam to the face. They deserved better.

Yep, that upset people.

Voodoo Magic

The fans deserved better I say!

Gr33n M4n

I agree that most of the other stuff that was in Gibson's script was silly. I do like the idea of Hicks living, and being the main character though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: judge death on Nov 13, 2020, 02:48:02 AM
Aliens with red eyes... I need to reread it but didnt understand why they got eyes but it was extremly silly and made the xeno way less scary, only good thing was that a normal xeno killed that abomination.

That was an art choice by the artist. Not written in the script.

Shugsi

I got the comic-book adaptation of the Gibson script earlier this year. God it was dreadful.

Kradan

Kradan

Aliens growing inside humans and once getting upset or if the xeno wants: breaks out of the human skin, cant see that turned into a good effect in a movie and how in hell shall a xenomorph fit inside a human frame especielly the head and where does this even make sense from what we saw in alien, aliens and the eu? Xenomorphs using human bodies and fits inside human bodies ehm thats too far stretched from how xenomorphs work.

Believe it or not. I've just yesterday re-listened podcast Hicks and Co. made about Gibson's first draft and they brought up the same thing

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 13, 2020, 08:37:53 AM
That was an art choice by the artist. Not written in the script.

I liked it actually. Not red eyes, but making Alien's skull visible. It was a nice neat way to distinguish New Beast from normal Alien without coming up with whole new design

Xenomrph

Quote from: S1L on Nov 13, 2020, 09:39:33 AM
I got the comic-book adaptation of the Gibson script earlier this year. God it was dreadful.
It pairs well with the audio drama. I feel the comic has severe pacing issues, the audio drama helps even things out.

Shugsi

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 13, 2020, 03:28:07 PM
It pairs well with the audio drama. I feel the comic has severe pacing issues, the audio drama helps even things out.
I've not heard it but to be honest if the story is anything to go by from the comic. What we got was much better. Even with the cut  :D

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 13, 2020, 03:28:07 PM
That's exactly what I found, as well.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2020, 08:19:04 AM
Learn something new everyday. I always thought it was Species. lol It's why I didn't blink when we had S1L join. It's not like we don't have 1 thousand Hicks.

Whatever happened to that "Corpral Hicks" imposter? That guy was something else...

Shugsi

Will they be doing other shelved versions like this? Like Vincent Ward's etc.

Also was there ever any other ideas for the second Alien movie instead of Aliens? I remember being on a forum years ago now and a guy (Who probably is on here. Was a cool dude who made mock props form Alien) was one of the original Alien fans. He said he walked out of Aliens along with other Alien fans at the time as it wasn't what they had in mind etc. I always wondered what it was before we got Aliens that people thought of in terms of a sequel?

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 13, 2020, 03:00:52 AM

Yep, that upset people.

At least Newt was sleeping when it happened.

Huggs

Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Nov 13, 2020, 10:53:20 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 13, 2020, 03:00:52 AM

Yep, that upset people.

At least Newt was sleeping when it happened.

*cough*

Gr33n M4n

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed