Things You Liked About Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jan 05, 2019, 02:49:37 PM

Author
Things You Liked About Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 27,032 times)

Monster Man

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 25, 2019, 09:49:05 AM
That actually does sound great.

Also, where'd your Hive Tyrant avatar go? Not that the new one isn't cool.

Didn't sit well with me. This one might also get swapped out later down the road.

Lament of joining a forum I guess.

WY-0311

I recently played as an Alien warrior in team death-match, it was I against 2 Marines. I won 17 - 9. ;D

That was the first time I actually played as an Alien, have to say it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the 3rd person perspective.

Still Collating...

There was a lot of extremely fun and memorable moments in the versus multiplayer. There was a lot of potential there.

Cellien

I had a lot of fun playing through it co-op with my wife.  We're both huge Aliens fans, so it was a treat, quirks aside.  While I wish the game was closer to the original vision, I still think it's one of the better Aliens games so far.  Obviously, Isolation is the critical hit, but it's a completely different approach.  I quite enjoy A:CM.

Local Trouble

Then Randy has your seal of approval?

Cellien

Sega was in charge, so I don't really care about all that internet drama with Randy.  It doesn't phase me.

The Old One

The Old One

Internet, corporate and court drama.

Cellien

I wasn't in the courtroom or part of the companies involved, so I'm only familiar with the drama that played out on the internet. 

Anyhow, the thread is about what you like about the game, not about Randy (what every other thread has devolved to). :)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Cellien on Apr 26, 2019, 10:04:47 PM
I wasn't in the courtroom or part of the companies involved, so I'm only familiar with the drama that played out on the internet. 

Anyhow, the thread is about what you like about the game, not about Randy (what every other thread has devolved to). :)

Thank you.

Been trying to find the right words to say it without coming off as an ass or resorting to telling Hicks.

Local Trouble

Please don't tell Hicks.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2019, 08:28:18 AM
Man, f**k this game and Pitchford.

Corporal Hicks

Maybe so but they've got a point. Let's leave this thread for its actual purpose to discuss things people liked.  :)

Local Trouble

Even you liked the multiplayer and variety of weapons.

WY-0311

I thought of another one!

The unicast WY Commando's I ordered are inspired/taken from this game! And I think that's really cool, in fact it's ironic that I've wanted Colonial Marine miniatures for decades and when I finally make an order it's for Corporate troops.. lmao

SO thank you to the concept artist responsible. And F$%@ Randy

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 28, 2019, 11:35:30 PM
Even you liked the multiplayer and variety of weapons.

Indeed, I did. I still do. I also like being able to co-op.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: WY-0311 on Apr 29, 2019, 12:54:10 AM
I thought of another one!

The unicast WY Commando's I ordered are inspired/taken from this game! And I think that's really cool, in fact it's ironic that I've wanted Colonial Marine miniatures for decades and when I finally make an order it's for Corporate troops.. lmao

SO thank you to the concept artist responsible. And F$%@ Randy

Yeah the mercs are pretty cool. You're gunna need your finest brushes for those guys by the way, some of the detail is measured in microns.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed