Things You Liked About Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jan 05, 2019, 02:49:37 PM

Author
Things You Liked About Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 27,036 times)

WY-0311

I really liked the slower movement speed, felt grounded and reminded me a bit of the older Ghost Recon games.
The weapon attachments felt logical, and the weapon skins actually looked reasonable too, doubtful it would be allowed but if any higher ups were to look the other way then thats the kind of weapon skins I would expect, no rainbows, hot pink or hippie crap, same for the uniforms except for the snow colour armour. (wtf?)

Motion tracker usage was good, Bug Hunt was good too. I liked the WY mercs.

P-Rock

A:CM has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Never played Bug Hunt because I'm a SP guy. I hate MP.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 20, 2019, 03:47:44 PM
A:CM has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Never played Bug Hunt because I'm a SP guy. I hate MP.

Well Bug Hunt was both single player and multiplayer, it was just significantly harder alone.

Huggs

I'm a SP guy. I hate MP.

Thank god. I thought I was the only one left alive.

P-Rock

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 08, 2019, 07:06:46 AM
I'm a SP guy. I hate MP.

I'm from that time that there was no multiplayer. Only split screen mano a mano.

Such a shame that SP is considered an afterthought in many (FPS) games these days.

Predwars24

I will say I liked the Xenomorph designs in here. I'm glad that they added these different types, though some get more time to shine then others, I actually really liked the Boilers and the Crusher but neither got much time in game, besides in multiplayer.

Quote from: P-Rock on Mar 08, 2019, 09:08:16 AM
I'm a SP guy. I hate MP.

I'm from that time that there was no multiplayer. Only split screen mano a mano.

Such a shame that SP is considered an afterthought in many (FPS) games these days.

I'm also a singleplayer kind of guy. I think when a game only has multiplayer it's automatically not as good as any game that's just singleplayer. It means instead of trying to add interesting story, and gameplay to keep at least one player invested into it's world, they instead went for the route that everyone will play it because their friends are playing it which doesn't mean it's a good game. Though I like Halo 5 I will always attack it for the decision of no split screen as I've always found it easier to play with my friends in the actual world than on the internet. I could go on about online only pieces of garbage that gaming has really become today.

Huggs

Quote from: P-Rock on Mar 08, 2019, 09:08:16 AM
I'm a SP guy. I hate MP.

Same.

Better times.

Going to the video store and renting battletoads for the NES every weekend. 2 buddies, 2 controllers, 1 pizza. Mega man 2 all evening long.

Goldeneye on the N64 man, fuggedaboutit. Mario kart, smash brothers.

Back when games covered all bases and provided a complete experience for everybody. Brought folks together.

Russ

I'm in a minority as I liked the game (but then I'm not really a gamer). However, I think the soundtrack can't be slagged off at all... I'm listening to it right now... say what you like about the game but the music really does use the franchise queues nicely whilst having its own feel as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb4-9uETBxs&list=PLPnDYki-MdiXGtbaPIOvIwz6XLIOYLp5y

Still Collating...

IMO this game gets a lot of completely deserved criticism. So many things wrong with it. Still had a lot of fun with it, 800 plus hours. Stasis Interrupted wasn't too bad, Bug Hunt and the multiplayer were a blast.
The score? Very nice, especially the opening.

Frosty Venom

The post-Atmosphere Processor detonation Hadley's Hope setting is a cool concept and I'd like to see it used again some day. The weapon customisation was also cool and the online was fun enough at times.

Still Collating...

Yeah, AVP2010 should've had A:CM's customization. The weapons and skins for the marines were really nice.

JokersWarPig

If you take everything good from ACM and everything good from AVP2010 and add a bit of Dead Space tension to it you'd probably have one of the best possible Alien shooters.

Huggs

There's no reason we can't get an aliens fps that delivers the same kind of quality as isolation. But I have this gut feeling that the last opportunity for that died with acm, and there simply won't be another.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 03, 2019, 04:29:00 PM
If you take everything good from ACM and everything good from AVP2010 and add a bit of Dead Space tension to it you'd probably have one of the best possible Alien shooters.

Ditto.

And keep the film skins, because I want to charge into a server with Drake yelling, "Lights out, bitch!"

xxx

I can agree with most of what was said. Did played till the end (playability was awful).
Can say, I liked the spitter model except for the gloving bodyparts - I don't understand how this got in the final product...also the length of the "spit" was too long..
I also liked the Raven model (except its mohawk).
There were many things and ideas that were bad, but some of them did appear (in its fixed version) in Isolation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed