Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 70,454 times)

Local Trouble

Can we at least count on this thing being rigorously fact-checked?

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2018, 04:46:43 AM

With this fanbase? Oh yeah. You can bet your ass it'll be fact-checked to death. lol

Nostromo

Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Dec 27, 2018, 05:05:01 AM

With this fanbase? Oh yeah. You can bet your ass it'll be fact-checked to death. lol

Good, because that's what franchises need.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 27, 2018, 05:21:30 AM
Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Dec 27, 2018, 05:05:01 AM

Good, because that's what franchises need.
Ehhhh.... franchises need competent, creative writers/artists who are going to tell interesting and engaging stories.

Ask Ridley Scott what happened when someone tried to "fact check" him that the Weyland character already existed before 'Prometheus'.

Nostromo

Obviously that too, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

Eldritch_DM

I hate to even make the comparison but I kinda wished this franchise had someone like Kevin Feige so we could have well written, cohesive, and most importantly consistent stories. But I know we'll likely never get that as long as Fox just lets Scott do what he wants lol.

...but that's a different topic than the one at hand.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Dec 27, 2018, 05:02:09 PM
I hate to even make the comparison but I kinda wished this franchise had someone like Kevin Feige so we could have well written, cohesive, and most importantly consistent stories.

Hear! Hear!

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Dec 27, 2018, 05:02:09 PM
I hate to even make the comparison but I kinda wished this franchise had someone like Kevin Feige so we could have well written, cohesive, and most importantly consistent stories.

Bryan Fuller and the Hannibal crew taking on the story of the Nostromo and Hadley's Hope

The Old One

The Old One

Those stories have already been told,
but I'd be a proponent of him doing something in the universe.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 28, 2018, 04:11:35 AM
Those stories have already been told,

Hannibal's story was already told in books and movies long before it was told again as a tv show. I had such tremendous respect for the films that I avoided watching the show for quite some time as it just couldn't be as good. Interestingly enough, when I finally watched it, I felt it was better than everything we'd received up until that point.

I'd also prefer something new, but I'd also be interested to see them take well known characters and events, and flip/jumble them like they did with Hannibal. We could really get something new and interesting.

When I say Hadley's Hope, or even the Nostromo (for that matter) I'm not talking about strictly adhering to the specific events of the films.

The Old One

The Old One

Even so.
Not interested.

Silence Of The Lambs
is the only good film adaptation.
(Perhaps Manhunter)
But Hannibal didn't adapt SOTL-
It adapted, Hannibal Rising,
Hannibal & Red Dragon.
In a new chronological order.

It's not the same thing,
because the events of
Alien, Aliens & AlienĀ³
have already been covered
excellently cinematically.

If he has an affinity for
one or more of the books,
I'd rather he adapt them.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 28, 2018, 04:57:40 AM

It's not the same thing,
because the events of
Alien, Aliens & AlienĀ³
have already been covered
excellently cinematically.

This is why it all comes down to opinion. I also think Hannibal's story was covered excellently cinematically, and it was (to a degree), yet what Bryan and Co. accomplished changed the way I viewed and thought about the character forever, in a good way. I wouldn't mind a 3 season take on the original trilogy. But that's just my opinion, and I remain forever interested. Change it, flip it, take us down the unchosen roads.

If nothing else, getting the opportunity to experience Ash as a protagonist, or to more thoroughly flesh out his story would be intriguing.

Local Trouble

Explained!

Huggs

Huggs

This sounds like Amanda doesn't know what they are. This makes no sense unless she had her memory erased. She already encountered the xeno's in Isolation. If this takes place before Isolation, the Alien shouldn't be a surprise to her in the game. What is going on with this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed