The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 67,656 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 10, 2019, 09:32:57 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 08, 2019, 09:52:21 PM
Hopefully the Marvel book is part of some merchandising push too.  I'd be happy to see actual 40k toys on store shelves.

Is Warhammer like a huge thing in the States these days?

Because back in the day, the Seppos were strictly Dungeons & Dragons while the Limeys were all Fighting Fantasy and Warhammer.

Tabletop in general has been picking up a lot of steam recently here in the states. D&D and Warhammer especially.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't know if it's huge, but it's definitely gotten way more popular in the last ten years.  70% of its sales come from outside the UK now.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I guess this thread is also the place for GW\forgeworlds LotR stuff, so, it seems there are more hobbits by forgeworld:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The Bigger-ised marines I mentioned, first unit done:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Those look excellent.  Do you sell them as well?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 11, 2019, 10:50:48 PM
Those look excellent.  Do you sell them as well?

Thanks. And no, there's no money in it. Something painted that well will usually go for less than a NiB copy of the same kit.

I've done plenty of commissions though, which actually pays quite well.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I figured since they're Ultramarines that you were doing them as a commission.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Nah, I just want something iconic to face off against my Tyranids, and UM versus red Nids is a classic matchup.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 11, 2019, 10:40:48 PM
The Bigger-ised marines I mentioned, first unit done:

Nice. The primaris look great with the mk VII(?) helmets.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, mk7. I don't mind the normal primaris heads (which are weird not-quite mk4 style), but since this is a project about truscale normal marines, I went with the vintage.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Good choice. Just noticed the vintage yellow trim and red weapons.

So how are the red nids you are doing looking? Also a vintage scheme?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Kurgan on Oct 12, 2019, 08:23:25 PM
Good choice. Just noticed the vintage yellow trim and red weapons.

So how are the red nids you are doing looking? Also a vintage scheme?

Not really vintage, just an easy to paint colour scheme that looks close enough to Behemoth to hand-wave. I am using the older Hive Tyrant models though.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Ah, saw that one before from you.  The more greyish carapace looks way better than the official bright turquoise one.

The old hive tyrant is my favorite version too. Love the alien queen esque crown.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 12, 2019, 08:14:16 PM
Yeah, mk7. I don't mind the normal primaris heads (which are weird not-quite mk4 style), but since this is a project about truscale normal marines, I went with the vintage.

I didn't even know you could do that.  I thought Primaris models were stuck with Primaris parts.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 12, 2019, 09:07:47 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 12, 2019, 08:14:16 PM

I didn't even know you could do that.  I thought Primaris models were stuck with Primaris parts.

Some of the parts are fully interchangeable, some require some cutting or gap filling but kinda work. It's the torso/legs that aren't interchangeable with older torso/leg parts. I believe the new Chaos Marines are similar, you can swap heads/arms etc but not the rest. Ditto Plague Marines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed