Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 137,976 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Thinking about what we might potentially be in store for in the finale...

Spoiler
It seems very likely that Mother is going to get her caregiving program overwritten/supplanted by Grandmother like she intends to, and in doing so she may just end up able to actually destroy the now weaponized Number 7 – but at the total expense of her own remaining "humanity" and her ability to take care of her children the way she had been through seasons one and two. Killing Number 7 would definitely set the "Sol" signal and its plan back, and I'd imagine that over the course of a potential third season we would see Mother start to grow into something of an antagonist without her caregiving inhibitors in place, and meanwhile as that is going on, "Sol" will likely try to pump out another serpent baby, maybe using a more reliable host than Mother to birth and take care of it? There are surely more Necromancers back on Earth; maybe "Sol" will call to them, somehow? Or find a way to use Grandmother?
[close]

EDIT: As an addendum to the above though...

Spoiler
I guess it is possible too that perhaps it wouldn't take another android to birth a new serpent at this point, given the Paul-to-snake evolution that we almost had from the bioweapon. The show wasn't explicit on it, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the bioweapon must have been derived from samples from Number 7 (earlier in the season they had mentioned the potential for bioweapon projects stemming from their studies of the serpent), and I'd imagine that there are still more samples back in the Tarantula.
[close]

Enoch

Enoch

It's interesting to contrast Grandmother's words from the trailer for episode 8 with the ones that Vrille used before she killed her mother.
Grandmother> "I promise...
and help you to understand.

Vrille> I want to help you, help you understand... what it is like to be me!

And now about the Sol as a destroyer, it is interesting to note that Roman Sol Invictus came from Syria (Heliogabalus), and is related to ancient cults also connected with ancient Greek tradition and specifically god Helios whose other name is Apollo that actually means "destroyer".

But I think that there is another meaning behind destruction here, especially in our show :)

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope Aaron has some idea of an endgame because I don't like to have
mysteries without some cohesive elements and threads, and so I hope he'll stay true to his mythology and ideas.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 12, 2022, 09:52:29 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope Aaron has some idea of an endgame because I don't like to have
mysteries without some cohesive elements and threads, and so I hope he'll stay true to his mythology and ideas.

Back when season one concluded, he said he had the major arcs of the show planned out (though like any long term story, some of them are, of course, a bit more malleable than others) and that he had a five season plan on what the major overarching narrative would be and how it would all end. As of the more recent round of interviews that he conducted around the time of the season two premiere, that five season plan was still in place and he stated that he was working on season three outlines/treatments in hopes of getting the greenlight on the third season.

Crossing my fingers (and praying to Sol) and hoping that we get a confirmation on season three before season two ends this Thursday.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Seen people in other places   

say this quote  when discussing  what sol wants to do 

"The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas."

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/TheSpaceshipper/status/1502781230005338118

Don't think I've seen this particular piece of concept art before.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Mar 12, 2022, 10:36:29 PM

"The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas."

Well, they have a point. It's even interesting to note that Abraxas is a god of everything, and what Campion Sturges said to Mother in a sim is interesting to parallel, "I m many things". The force that unites both the darkness and the light. Abraxas is another name of God representing his SOLAR  power, interesting, isn't it? I would go even further by saying that all scenes with the Campion Sturges from season one are a simulation/hacking of that entity/god. Even the name Campion Sturges hides a lot of hidden meaning  - Campion=champion, Sturges= similar to Sturgis, etymology - Thor's beam, Thor's weapon,  Sun beam... I would then say that both Mother and the Father are created directly by the entity, as well as the grandmother.

Quote from: Nightmare AsylumCrossing my fingers (and praying to Sol) and hoping that we get a confirmation on season three before season two ends this Thursday.

Me too...

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 12, 2022, 11:18:35 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Mar 12, 2022, 10:36:29 PM

Well, they have a point. It's even interesting to note that Abraxas is a god of everything, and what Campion Sturges said to Mother in a sim is interesting to parallel, "I m many things". The force that unites both the darkness and the light. Abraxas is another name of God representing his SOLAR  power, interesting, isn't it? I would go even further by saying that all scenes with the Campion Sturges from season one are a simulation/hacking of that entity/god. Even the name Campion Sturges hides a lot of hidden meaning  - Campion=champion, Sturges= similar to Sturgis, etymology - Thor's beam, Thor's weapon,  Sun beam... I would then say that both Mother and the Father are created directly by the entity, as well as the grandmother.

Quote from: Nightmare AsylumCrossing my fingers (and praying to Sol) and hoping that we get a confirmation on season three before season two ends this Thursday.

Me too...
Thats Interesting  and makes a lot of sense .  its also intriguing that quick google of Abraxas  shows a snake/serpent connection in images
https://i0.wp.com/greekerthanthegreeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/abraxas_by_zentagas_dd26gec-fullview-e1612435667511.jpg?fit=500%2C333&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/greekerthanthegreeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Symbols-of-Abraxas-by-Moe-Bedard.jpg w=403&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/greekerthanthegreeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Abraxas_Infernal_Dictionary.png?resize=500%2C614&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/greekerthanthegreeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Gemstone-carved-with-Abraxas.-obverse-and-reverse..jpg?resize=500%2C360&ssl=1

Nightmare Asylum

Praying for a season three confirmation today...

zalexis

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 16, 2022, 01:30:15 PM

I don't think this is really a spoiler but just in case:

Spoiler
I won't say anything else but S2 ends in such a cliffhanger actually several of them lol it's impossible not to have a S3.
[close]

Enoch

Quote from: zalexis on Mar 16, 2022, 02:42:42 PM

Spoiler
I won't say anything else but S2 ends in such a cliffhanger actually several of them lol it's impossible not to have a S3.
[close]

How do you know that? :)

zalexis

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2022, 03:46:10 PM
Quote from: zalexis on Mar 16, 2022, 02:42:42 PM

Spoiler
[close]

How do you know that? :)

I can't say how b/c I did not ask permission to share that and even if I would have asked I'm sure I would not get it. BUT

Spoiler
The way this season ends makes absolutely NO sense like none whatsoever not to get at least a 3rd season. It would make no sense to even start filming S2 knowing how it ends. Is this an absolute guarantee for S3? I guess not BUT I cannot possibly imagine any executive anywhere looking at the S2 story saying we'll just do this one, see how it goes and if the numbers aren't good we'll stop. There is no point in filming S2 w/o a continuation. I could've seen them stopping after S1 but after S2 ... it really makes no sense. I'm sure everyone will agree after they watch 208
[close]

Enoch

Thanks for the clarification. We'll see how it ends, and when you say that it makes no sense whatsoever, that really sounds interesting :)...

zalexis

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2022, 04:18:00 PM
Thanks for the clarification. We'll see how it ends, and when you say that it makes no sense whatsoever, that really sounds interesting :)...

It will definitely be interesting. Idk about satisfying, but interesting for sure. And I'm sure even the more astute watchers doing all the extra homework (research into references, interviews, production etc) will be confused w/ some events, the very last scene in particular. Tho u, given ur nick, might be able to interpret it through the perspective of ur namesake lol.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: zalexis on Mar 16, 2022, 04:31:21 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2022, 04:18:00 PM

It will definitely be interesting. Idk about satisfying, but interesting for sure. And I'm sure even the more astute watchers doing all the extra homework (research into references, interviews, production etc) will be confused w/ some events, the very last scene in particular. Tho u, given ur nick, might be able to interpret it through the perspective of ur namesake lol.

:) Enoch aka Metatron aka Ancient of Day, 

I have many names ;D

But I know what you are hinting at.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed