Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 04, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Which do you like better?

Prometheus
70 (50%)
Alien Covenant
70 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author
Prometheus or Alien Covenant? (Read 35,446 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The best scientists in the entire world doing idiotic things, it is, certainly far more egregious.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Ridley Scott is to blame. He should step aside and let someone else direct.

Evanus

Evanus

The prequels are Ridley Scott films and IMO it should stay that way.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 13, 2020, 12:58:33 AM
The prequels are Ridley Scott films and IMO it should stay that way.

I prefer to save what cargo I can instead of letting it all go down with the sinking ship.

Evanus

Evanus

The ship already sank. After Resurrection and AVP.

Huggs

Huggs

But there's water in the dingy!

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

AVP is it's own separate thing so it shouldn't count. Resurrection was bad but the prequels have ruined the aura of mystery the original Alien films expressed. The people who actually enjoyed Covenant watched a different movie from the one I watched.

Evanus

Evanus

I just enjoyed a pretty good movie that gets shat on too much.

dave1978

dave1978

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 13, 2020, 12:18:59 AM
Ridley Scott is to blame. He should step aside and let someone else direct.

Finally someone on the same page as me,  i have been saying this for years.  Dropping Didley would instantly improve the next movie,  if we get one.

SM

SM

Finally? Many have been saying this for some time.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure it's necessarily the directing, more he shouldn't be involved in the story crafting.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd much rather see Scott's vision through to its completion, honestly. The films definitely have their problems (Prometheus especially), but I admire their intentions and genuinely really like Covenant, and despite the films' problems... they are very, very interesting. And I'll take an interesting, ambitious, flawed film over one that is perfectly structured but has nothing at all of note to say.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2020, 05:46:03 PM
I'd much rather see Scott's vision through to its completion, honestly. The films definitely have their problems (Prometheus especially), but I admire their intentions and genuinely really like Covenant, and despite the films' problems... they are very, very interesting. And I'll take an interesting, ambitious, flawed film over one that is perfectly structured but has nothing at all of note to say.

Among the massive general public, I think that thinking rests in a very small hardcore minority though unfortunately. My hope is it's just finished in any format at this point... novel, comic series, something, so it doesn't leave the prequel fans forever hanging in what-if limbo.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2020, 05:46:03 PM

Local Trouble

I'd rather leave the prequel fans in limbo than give Scott an opportunity to tie his "vision" directly into the derelict on LV-426.  At least now there's still room for doubt.  That all goes away if he turns David into the Space Jockey or some shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed