Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 04, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Which do you like better?

Prometheus
70 (50%)
Alien Covenant
70 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author
Prometheus or Alien Covenant? (Read 35,453 times)

SM

SM

QuoteWell, the whole point was that there is no God, there is only death behind. So Shaw continues her search only to find even more death.

I'm not sure that was the whole point, though it is the case.  Though she didn't find death - she inadvertently brought it with her.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Fair enought. She was carring death with her. But she was doing that because she wanted to learn about the Engineers motivations, but somehow I feel that she still wanted to meet God in some way. But yes, the death she was carrying killed the  source of knowledge that she was looking for, and killed Shaw as well. The Isle of the Dead reference speak for itself.

Huggs

Huggs

I can't help but wonder, would David have taken her back to earth if that's where she'd wanted to go?

I can see him lying to her, and still going to paradise. She'd be in cryo for as long as he wished. What would possibly be waiting for him on earth, but the eventual decommissioning that likely befell his brothers? He probably didn't know that was coming, but I don't see him interested in returning to earth.

The Old One

The Old One

If Elizabeth Shaw wanted to go back to Earth. I really don't know.

Bringing the Pathogen with you, tricky and dangerous.

Immortan Jonesy

She would have chosen to stay in LV-223, then roll credits, then 1979's Alien begins  ;D

426Buddy

426Buddy

If david took Shaw back to earth then he would probably have just bombed earth instead.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Considering what we saw on Covenant he only had enough to bomb a city. He might aim for Weyland's house or the Company's main building. It wouldn't be as bad as Alien infestation, the space pathogooze would just kill all humans in the area, it wouldn't generate alien creatures, then if the government quarantined the area, there wouldn't be hosts for the neomorphs sacks, which who knows how long it takes to form those. The rest of Earth would probably be fine.

Unlike those stone age Engineer wannabes, Earth might use its defenses against an unknown spaceship entering it without warning.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I was under the impression that Davids bombing effected the whole planet, could be wrong though.

Also with the Juggernaught able to appear already inside a planets atmosphere, i'm not sure any earth defense would have time to react. If they did i'm not sure how effective they would be against the juggernaught either.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 03, 2019, 03:59:09 PM
Considering what we saw on Covenant he only had enough to bomb a city. He might aim for Weyland's house or the Company's main building. It wouldn't be as bad as Alien infestation, the space pathogooze would just kill all humans in the area, it wouldn't generate alien creatures, then if the government quarantined the area, there wouldn't be hosts for the neomorphs sacks, which who knows how long it takes to form those. The rest of Earth would probably be fine.

Unlike those stone age Engineer wannabes, Earth might use its defenses against an unknown spaceship entering it without warning.

So, he can release the Pathogen above the sea or forest.
About Engineers - we still don't know the cause of the Juggernaut crash.

Huggs

Huggs

The pathogen had spread far enough to grow spores that infected Ledward in the woods.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe according to Special Features and David's Drawings, the entire planet is lifeless.

SM

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 03, 2019, 10:31:56 PM
The pathogen had spread far enough to grow spores that infected Ledward in the woods.

The pathogen spread from the downed Juggernaut.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 03, 2019, 07:14:55 PM
we still don't know the cause of the Juggernaut crash.

David sucks at landing.

SM

SM

Probably smashed into the docking ring, as that crashed too.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 03, 2019, 11:42:10 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 03, 2019, 07:14:55 PM
we still don't know the cause of the Juggernaut crash.

David sucks at landing.

No, he was just too busy observing own greatfulness... plus several thousands corpses

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed