Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 78,674 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 22, 2018, 09:20:36 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 18, 2018, 04:30:01 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqUug3bBYuv/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Another peak from Tristan. His variants are going to be amazing! I have high hopes for this series as a whole.

Huh, looks like the carapace is cracked.
I noticed that on the dome, exposing the "skull" underneath.

Nostromo

Now that's a nice variant cover: WIll buy both versions. Heck, I'll buy whatever Alien comic Tristan breathes on lol.

https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/1064539010524200960

The Old One

The Old One

Brian Wood: We introduce a LOT of new stuff to the mix here. 
Defiance was, by design, a story very much in the mold of the original film. 
With Resistance, we have a lot of freedom to push the envelope and show things no other Aliens title has. 
You know, a lot has been said about Weyland-Yutani's desire to exploit xenomorph biology for use in weapons.
We know that, we've been told that.  Have we ever seen what that means? 
Not just the labs, but actual field tests?  Specific applications? Successes as well as failures? 
We go there in Resistance.

This makes me incredibly nervous, stupidity crops up easily in these kind of concepts.
As well as diminishing the Alien, but The Cold Forge does exist...

There's also the matter of continuity-
Why would the events of Aliens & AlienĀ³ even occur if the company already acquired a specimen or several?

Ultramorph

I imagine the magic reset button gets pushed at the end of the series.

The Old One

The Old One

You mean nuke the site from orbit?  :D

Ultramorph

It's the only way to be sure.

Corporal Hicks

SM

SM

QuoteThere's also the matter of continuity-
Why would the events of Aliens & AlienĀ³ even occur if the company already acquired a specimen or several?

Weyland Corp had a million employees over a century prior to the events of Defiance/ Resistance - before the merger.

A lot of these people are very ambitious, looking for exclusivity in a sea of classified data.

Ultramorph

So the Weyland Corp-era logo on that cover wasn't just an art mistake, I take it?  ;D

SM

SM

Amanda was born over 10 years after the merger.  Make of that what you will.

Still Collating...

I can buy that the employees are all trying to get a piece of the action. But it is getting a bit crowded in the timeline...

I like the idea of actually seeing how does WY plan to use the aliens as weapons. But, as mentioned, it can look very dumb if not handled with care. I hope they actually think this through and use the creatures cunningly and strategically.

SM

SM

This is 40 years prior to Aliens and Alien3 - in which the Company comes close to obtaining specimens and then losing them in the space of a couple of months.

The Old One

The Old One

True, but this would have to be immensely hush, hush- for
"Gestates inside a living human host and has concentrated acid for blood."
"Never recorded once."

To remain believable.

And Defiance & Resistance are stretching that,
in fact I still really can't make sense of the continuity of events in Defiance despite the compelling individual characters.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 25, 2018, 11:48:46 PM
True, but this would have to be immensely hush, hush- for
"Gestates inside a living human host and has concentrated acid for blood."
"Never recorded once."

To remain believable.

And Defiance & Resistance are stretching that,
in fact I still really can't make sense of the continuity of events in Defiance despite the compelling individual characters.
To be fair it was the government at the inquest saying that stuff to Ripley, not the Company. Even if the Company did have knowledge and whatnot (and maybe they did, which is what prompted Burke's quick response), that doesn't mean the government does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed