Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 70,537 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Starring Amanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-amanda-ripley-continues-the-resistance-in-dark-horse-comics-sequel-to-aliens

Now might be a good time for me to finally read Defiance and play Isolation.

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent.

I hope it's as strong as Defiance was in it's first six issues throughout this new series' entire story.

Although, it needs to be clear and defined where these Alien outbreaks are stemmed from- as it was logical in Isolation.
Isolation slotted in perfect between the events of Alien & Aliens without destroying the continuity of the films.

After Defiance's haphard appearance of the Alien and W-Y knowledge of them- the premise of this-
I don't know how the writers will handle it.

Nostromo

Noiceeee...

Dark Horse is picking up where Defiance left off, to tell a four-issue sequel called Aliens: Resistance that will be written by Wood and art by Robert Carey (Power Rangers, Transformers) colors by Dan Jackson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and letters by Nate Piekos. Regular cover art will be done by Roberto De La Torre (Ms. Marvel) and variants by Tristan Jones.

Ultramorph

It's happening! Now we just need a Life and Death sequel.

SpanishAdam

Wait, so is this a canonical continuation of Isolation? Whilst I'd prefer a game sequel, that is still a big deal and I'd get it just for that!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 28, 2018, 06:52:22 PM

I'd rather see some comics that tackle Prometheus/Covenant content without the inclusion of any Predator stuff. That's the whole reason I've avoided Fire & Stone/Life & Death thus far.

Xiggz456

Great news!!! First issue January 23rd! And the Isolation novelization comes out in January also! I'm elated! 2019 is shaping up quite nicely!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2018, 06:31:53 PM

Just noticed, that's a Prometheus-era Weyland Corp. logo there. Some old abandoned installation, I presume?

Corporal Hicks

So January is Alien: Isolation month! Novel and a sequel series! While I'm slightly disappointed it's not a new game, I am so excited we're getting a sequel in some form and we get to see more of Amanda's journey!

Digging that cover art and it's sweet that Tristan is back for the covers too. Nice he's returning in some form.

The Mrs' gets Power Ranger comics and she says the series that Robert Carey worked on was pretty good. I'll have to check out her copy when I get chance.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2018, 07:00:06 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2018, 06:31:53 PM

Just noticed, that's a Prometheus-era Weyland Corp. logo there. Some old abandoned installation, I presume?

That or just an art goof.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2018, 06:53:53 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 28, 2018, 06:52:22 PM

I'd rather see some comics that tackle Prometheus/Covenant content without the inclusion of any Predator stuff. That's the whole reason I've avoided Fire & Stone/Life & Death thus far.

I'd love to see them explore Prometheus on it's own too but to be fair the Predator run on Fire and Stone was the best imho.

The Old One

The Old One

That large structure with the Weyland Corporation logo is Tyrell Pyramid- esque.
&
I wish Tristan Jones was returning in a substantial manner, but I'm pleased to see he isn't being disregarded altogether.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2018, 07:00:16 PM
I'd love to see them explore Prometheus on it's own too but to be fair the Predator run on Fire and Stone was the best imho.

Fair. I just can't get into Alien/Predator as a shared universe at all, I guess. Not that I don't mostly enjoy Predator for what it is, but there is no appeal whatsoever squishing it with Alien for me.

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 28, 2018, 07:12:25 PM
That large structure with the Weyland Corporation logo is Tyrell Pyramid- esque.

Speaking of Tyrell, I wish Titan would announce what they're doing with their Blade Runner license. We heard a few months back about comics/graphic novels, and then nada. No specifics.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2018, 07:24:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2018, 07:00:16 PM

Fair. I just can't get into Alien/Predator as a shared universe at all, I guess. Not that I don't mostly enjoy Predator for what it is, but there is no appeal whatsoever squishing it with Alien for me.

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 28, 2018, 07:12:25 PM

Speaking of Tyrell, I wish Titan would announce what they're doing with their Blade Runner license. We heard a few months back about comics/graphic novels, and then nada. No specifics.

Agreed on that first one.

As for the second, I hope we hear something soon.

Ultramorph

Has anyone pointed out it looks like they might be entering a Juggernaut?

The Old One

The Old One

It does indeed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed