Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 100,196 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 15, 2018, 10:04:05 AM
Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 09:52:32 AM
I really enjoyed this movie, sure it had it's flaws but what movie dosen't nowdays.

the positives out shines the negetive for sure
Agree. It could definitely be better. But there's enough here to get a pass mark.
Barely. I give the film 3/5 or 3.5/5, but anything more is just being a sycophant. The film as a whole is enjoyable, but as a sequel it never escapes mediocre fan fiction level. The added lore screws fans of thirty years of films, comics and games even.

I knew going in I was going yo disagree with a lot of stuff and if you've seen the first two trailers you where able to put together roughly 90% of the plot.

I did like how self aware it seems, the constant remarks of Predator sounding nicer but being less accurate for instance, a nice nod to the original title of the first film.

But ultimately it is pretty much a Dekker film with Black dialogue.

Nathsp

Nathsp

A 9/10? Seriously? The film is fun, most of it, in fact the best joke is done by a pred...  But the movie have seriois issues, with all the reshoots half of the movie is a mess, a fun mes, but the way its eddited its atrocius,  some parts have a cgi worse than some videogames, the dogs were meh, unnecesary, the upgrade is boring compared with fugitive..
So this movie cant be a 9/10..  Predator 1 is a 9/10, but not this one.. And the last scene is absurd and unnecesary.
A 6/10 just for the 30 first minutes that are pure gold, if all the movie had the same level as the beggining it would have been a solid 8/10.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 15, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
A 9/10? Seriously? The film is fun, most of it, in fact the best joke is done by a pred...  But the movie have seriois issues, with all the reshoots half of the movie is a mess, a fun mes, but the way its eddited its atrocius,  some parts have a cgi worse than some videogames, the dogs were meh, unnecesary, the upgrade is boring compared with fugitive..
So this movie cant be a 9/10..  Predator 1 is a 9/10, but not this one.. And the last scene is absurd and unnecesary.
A 6/10 just for the 30 first minutes that are pure gold, if all the movie had the same level as the beggining it would have been a solid 8/10.

well i dont agree :) but you have every right to feel how you feel hehe.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I do agree. It started out as a solid film, then went full Dekker.

Another thing that bothers me: wasted potential. Busey doing nothing more than just make faces that feel out of place and having lines that seem delivered by a cardboard box... connecting to earlier films being marginal at best... Added lore being handled in such a way that it only leaves limited options after this film...

Kailem

Kailem

Well, we know one direction they could go that wouldn't be affected by anything in this film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHxFa08XE3w

#1715 :laugh:

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 10:28:58 AM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 10:06:43 AM
I really enjoyed this movie, sure it had it's flaws but what movie dosen't nowdays.

Agree. It could definitely be better. But there's enough here to get a pass mark.

yeah for sure! i mean for me this was 9 out of 10 now imagine a extended or directors cut, this could easily become a 10 out of 10
it was such a good time.

Yeah if you can except it for what it is, a dumb over the top action movie, that knows it's stupid but just goes with it, then it's fun as hell.

I'd say it's a 9/10 on the fun factor, I really did have a blast watching it but as a complete movie, you can tell the production went through hell and it does hurt the movie, that's why I went with a 7/10 for my score. It's one of those good bad movies.

With critics ripping it to bits, I was expecting a complete disaster but it was far better than I expected tbh, with the humour, gore and action saving it from being unwatchable or not enjoyable.

Hopefully a directors cut or extended cut can fix some of the flow
Like for me I would love to see the 2 friendly predators make it back into the movie.
But of course I can totally see why a lot of people didn't enjoy this movie, but for me It was just a blast from start to finish.

Yeah it's a shame they got cut completely and didn't just get their roles improved and reworked back into the script.

It would have been pretty cool in the final battle to have the Assassin hunting the humans and the other 2 Predators arrive on Earth (allies of Fugitive) to hunt down the Assassin, leading to a deadly game of cat and mouse in the forest.

veganmike

veganmike

So, The Predator is a Predator-themed action comedy. IMO, the movie is as bad and as good as people say it is.

The bad:
- editing is really that bad, and weird, super weird; sometimes it made me think it had been done on purpose; characters, places and parts of the plot appear out of nowhere!
- certain parts of the plot were unnecessary (e.g. McKenna's wife and kid)
- some deaths didn't have the impact they should have had
- Rogue Predator should have stayed around for longer
- the dogs could have been utilized differently
- there were a lot of over-the-top and overkill scenes that were meant to be gruesome and turned out to be like "oh, come on, that's silly!"
- an absolute lack of horror/terror/fear in characters; there's lots of loud noises, gore, blood, guts but everything and everyone is jolly as f**k
- some scenes could have benefited from more practical effects
- the ending can f**k off

The good:
-   comedy and humor; it's a funny movie
-   some really cool gore/death scenes
-   Predator language/subtitles
-   Rogue Predator running and moving around, I thought this would suck but it came out really neat
-   Predators killing humans with a part of their body that hasn't been used in other movies as far as I can remember
-   Scenes with spaceships in the air
-   acting (especially the comedic aspect of it: Sterling K. Brown, Thomas Jane, Trevante Rhodes and Keegan-Michael Key)

Now give me a goddamn Predator prequel/remake with Jim Hopper's team!!

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 12:46:05 PM
Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 10:28:58 AM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 10:06:43 AM

yeah for sure! i mean for me this was 9 out of 10 now imagine a extended or directors cut, this could easily become a 10 out of 10
it was such a good time.

Yeah if you can except it for what it is, a dumb over the top action movie, that knows it's stupid but just goes with it, then it's fun as hell.

I'd say it's a 9/10 on the fun factor, I really did have a blast watching it but as a complete movie, you can tell the production went through hell and it does hurt the movie, that's why I went with a 7/10 for my score. It's one of those good bad movies.

With critics ripping it to bits, I was expecting a complete disaster but it was far better than I expected tbh, with the humour, gore and action saving it from being unwatchable or not enjoyable.

Hopefully a directors cut or extended cut can fix some of the flow
Like for me I would love to see the 2 friendly predators make it back into the movie.
But of course I can totally see why a lot of people didn't enjoy this movie, but for me It was just a blast from start to finish.

Yeah it's a shame they got cut completely and didn't just get their roles improved and reworked back into the script.

It would have been pretty cool in the final battle to have the Assassin hunting the humans and the other 2 Predators arrive on Earth (allies of Fugitive) to hunt down the Assassin, leading to a deadly game of cat and mouse in the forest.

yeah that would have been bad ass for sure.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Watching it today. Coming with my ranking later on.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 15, 2018, 01:38:35 PM

cool hopefully you will enjoy it !

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 01:42:15 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 15, 2018, 01:38:35 PM

cool hopefully you will enjoy it !

The Old One

The Old One

Between 3/5 & 4/5 ultimately.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 15, 2018, 02:01:35 PM
Between 3/5 & 4/5 ultimately.
hey the old one what did you give the predator again ?

The Old One

The Old One

3.8/5

But that may change, I have only seen it once.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 15, 2018, 02:06:00 PM
3.8/5

But that may change, I have only seen it once.

that's a fine score when you compare it to RT scores. (so many 1/5-2/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed