The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 86,262 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 12:24:14 AM
Btw where is Petr?  :)

Probably celebrating his victory (over what ?) somewhere  :laugh:

He'll surely show up sooner or later.

azamultic

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 08, 2018, 12:30:57 AM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 12:24:14 AM
Btw where is Petr?  :)

Chasing Shane around with a suction cup arrow, no doubt.  ;D

Haha haha! :laugh: I am sure he would be happy to join hate vagon ;) and tell us "I told you so"

D88M

D88M

So many bias for Shane in those reviews, i wish they were more objetive. I am really curious about how this movie finally turned out.

So many bias for Shane in those reviews, i wish they were more objetive. I am really curious about how this movie finally turned out.

Space_Dementia

Here are my thoughts on the final The Predator trailer as well as my thoughts on the first round of reviews/reactions to the movie...

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 07, 2018, 02:56:22 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 07, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
Ok I didn't spoil the ending for myself but I am growing concerned. If they turn this into some damn Independence Day bull where preds want to take over the Earth, then I can't even defend that. 

You might want to spoil yourself a little before you go in  :)

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 03:21:41 PM
I didn't spoiled myself directly either, just bits and pieces here and there, and from what i understand, well... It's really weird... The kind of thing that makes your eyes widen so much they could fall off their sockets  :laugh:

If i understood right though... But i think i did  ;D

Y'all made me spoil it for myself... It does sound off-putting though I think I could imagine worse. I was starting to think Thomas Janes' "stealing our women" remark had some truth to it. See? Could always be worse!  :laugh:

Based on those commenting that it felt completely out of place with the rest of the movie, could this last bit be what they went back to reshoot those 2 days?

I'll reserve any more judgmental comments until after I see it. I'm sure I will enjoy the movie as a whole regardless of this particular bit.   

yautjapet

Regarding Fugitive...

Spoiler
Can anyone share roughly how far into the movie he dies? And if he gets a decent amount of screen-time beforehand?
[close]

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 08, 2018, 01:10:10 AM
Ok I didn't spoil the ending for myself but I am growing concerned. If they turn this into some damn Independence Day bull where preds want to take over the Earth, then I can't even defend that. 

I didn't spoiled myself directly either, just bits and pieces here and there, and from what i understand, well... It's really weird... The kind of thing that makes your eyes widen so much they could fall off their sockets  :laugh:

Y'all made me spoil it for myself... It does sound off-putting though I think I could imagine worse. I was starting to think Thomas Janes' "stealing our women" remark had some truth to it. See? Could always be worse!  :laugh:

Based on those commenting that it felt completely out of place with the rest of the movie, could this last bit be what they went back to reshoot those 2 days?

Sorry 😬😉😉  Though I think earth women being taken on intergalactic space tours would be preferable then...you know...this :laugh: Maybe that's just me lol

But yes, I believe this was done in the reshoots. Completely different then what was in the script - and from what I've gathered, a lot of the main points of the script did remain intact, save for this element (which was radically changed from the original idea) and the friendlies/hybrids being removed.

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 08, 2018, 01:33:52 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 08, 2018, 01:10:10 AM

Sorry 😬😉😉  Though I think earth women being taken on intergalactic space tours would be preferable then...you know...this :laugh: Maybe that's just me lol

Oh it ain't just you... but it may just be the two of us.  ;D

BigDaddyJohn

Hum honestly folks, the ending is clearly WTF... But that doesn't nullify what happened in the first two movies, nor destroy the lore really... It's just totally out of the field yes, but that doesn't mean it changes the perception we got of all preds...

PredBabe

If the AVPs didn't ruin it for you then this surely won't. Who knows, maybe a sequel won't even follow up with this movie's ending. I personally hope they take it back to a hunting preserve planet again in another sequel.

Spoiler

At any rate, I like that Shane said not all the Preds take part in the DNA splicing. And while it may not have seemed that way in the movie, perhaps it's just to do with the fact that the focus is on this particular group of preds.

I'm curious to find out what makes Fugitive want to give humans this gift... is it that "H" word?!?
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see any benefit in returning to the preserve.

Spoiler

Maybe they're tired of hunting this race that's killed a respected hunter (JH) with inferior technology, perhaps they want to up the challenge.

If so, I hope they follow through on the ending-
But not in the way you'd expect, I hope it jumps years into the future and we've dissected the technology and completely transformed our society.
[close]

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 08, 2018, 02:40:21 AM
I don't see any benefit in returning to the preserve.

Spoiler

Maybe they're tired of hunting this race that's killed a respected hunter (JH) with inferior technology, perhaps they want to up the challenge.

If so, I hope they follow through on the ending-
But not in the way you'd expect, I hope it jumps years into the future and we've dissected the technology and completely transformed our society.
[close]

True. I am all for a film set more in the future as that would be a refreshing setting for a new hunt. Something along the lines of Predator Concrete Jungle but with humans leading, of course, and slightly less campy.

whiterabbit

Damn~! I keep coming back and all I see is how people -do not- like the ending. The Predator dies at the end right? I mean the only way the ending could be ruined is if they break with lore and The Predator survives.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't like what I've heard about a specific element of the ending, otherwise I'm open to the concept.

Jigsaw85

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 08, 2018, 03:32:27 AM
Damn~! I keep coming back and all I see is how people -do not- like the ending. The Predator dies at the end right? I mean the only way the ending could be ruined is if they break with lore and The Predator survives.

You'd think a predator film would be that simple but not with this movie. the ending is ruined by a completely out-of-left-field plot element that takes Predator and turns it into a Marvel movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed