The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 86,265 times)

bobby brown

Just guessing the worst thing I can think of, so...

Is the ending about the upgrade...

Spoiler
Actually being a mutated dutch?
[close]

Yes or no.

Xan21

Xan21

No... but it's basically just as lame

Doomofman

After reading the leaked draft, I couldn't possibly have conceived a situation where the third act could have gotten worse than it was with rewrites/reshoots....

But wow that ending sounds diabolical

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Spoiler
wow that ending sounds ridiculous. Remember how fans hated the idea of lex teaming up with Scar? Now we have a predator who is quite literally space-jesus. He came from the heavens to save the human race. Not only does the iron-man-esque Predator suit sound lame and completely off base from what you'd expect from a predator film.
But it just raises too many questions. If Fugitive came to Earth to give us a weapon than why is he killing so many people? If the predators have this type of tech, why isn't Upgrade using it? He'd never lose if he had it. What is this setting up? A sequel where humans and predators are wearing mech-suits and shooting at each other? Like some kind of Halo-esque futuristic war movie? No matter how much I may like this movie, I'm almost dead certain this movie will bomb and we'll be waiting 10 years for the next sequel that will also be a stand-alone film just like all the other sequels.   
[close]

Dannyboy

Who knows? Maybe watch the movie and find out.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 07, 2018, 06:53:28 PM
Spoiler
wow that ending sounds ridiculous. Remember how fans hated the idea of lex teaming up with Scar? Now we have a predator who is quite literally space-jesus. He came from the heavens to save the human race. Not only does the iron-man esque Predator suite sound lame and completely off base from what you'd expect from a predator film.
But it just raises too many questions. If Fugitive came to Earth to give us a weapon than why is he killing so many people? If the predators have this type of tech, why isn't Upgrade using it? He'd never lose if he had it. What is this setting up? A sequel where humans and predators are wearing mech-suits and shooting at each other? Like some kind of Halo esque futuristic war movie? No matter how much I may like this movie, I'm almost dead certain this movie will bomb and we'll be waiting 10 years for the next sequel that will also be a stand-alone film just like all the other sequels.   
[close]

Oh just wait.

Soon they'll
Spoiler
pull an Iron Man 3 and have lots of suits that come to the aid of one guy to fight Guy Pierce's Weyland clone in a prequel crossover. I mean, hey, battle suits, Guy Peirce, Shane Black movie, it's bound to happen.
[close]

whiterabbit

All this speculation on the ending and I don't even have to click on a spoiler link now do I. The Predator blows himself up again? Right? Just like the Alien always gets sucked through an airlock. Rinse and Repeat. No! Don't no one answer that.

Man I've gotta stay the hell out of this forum before the ending gets spoiled.  :laugh:

Xerxész

OK, I also spoilered the ending for myself. ::) :-\
I think it's stupid but I want to see it how it is portrayed in the film.

It's 'just' the nowadays Hollywood trend...unfortunately.

Ingwar

Xan21

Xan21

😂😂😂😂

Huggs

Xerxész

Some questions:

-
Spoiler
Does anybody of the survivors try on that suit in the end of the film? How does it turn out that the suit is intended for the humans?
[close]
- Any predator weapon/gadget used by humans other than Traeger's shoulder cannon?
- Do we know how Fugitive gets those scratches on his first mask?
- Do the main heroes return to Stargazer lab after the event of Fugitive's escape? If yes, why?
- Communication between human and Predator?
Spoiler
Is the translator device in the final film?
[close]

yautjapet

Quick question: I'm hearing about a coda or credits scene of some kind, is this placed mid-credits or at the absolute very end of them?

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 02:00:49 PM
Synta have you actually got anything credible to say other than trolling people who are pissed? Clearly you don't know the ending, if you did you would be joining in. You just stay in your glasshouse with rose tinted spectacles but when the stone smashes it, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Maybe  start reading  my  posts  several  pages  back. Theres  a big SPOILER logged field...  ::)

Jacku

Jacku

Wait did they remove
Spoiler
the preds working with humans from the set pics. I was looking forward to that.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed