The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 86,258 times)

Xerxész

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 07, 2018, 10:37:02 AM
Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 07, 2018, 10:36:03 AMSo the 'ending twist' is something else. No other Predators, no cameo.

Eh ... well .. Uh ... not quite.

Half-cameo maybe?  ;D ;D

One more question... Does Traeger use his shoulder plasma cannon? Or he just...wears it for the cool factor?

Jesscobb

Ironman Ironman does what ever a predator can

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 07, 2018, 10:49:22 AM
Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 07, 2018, 10:36:03 AMSo the 'ending twist' is something else. No other Predators, no cameo.

Half-cameo maybe?  ;D ;D

One more question... Does Traeger use his shoulder plasma cannon? Or he just...wears it for the cool factor?

He does. It was cool.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: MrH on Sep 07, 2018, 10:40:41 AM
yeah I released that review, non spoilers at the start, then a warning and go into heavy spoilers.
I have to reiterate, I loved ninety percent of the movie though. the ending, just ruined it for me

Really that bad of an ending to ruin the whole thing or just disappointing ?

MU-TH-UR 6000

yeah I released that review, non spoilers at the start, then a warning and go into heavy spoilers.
I have to reiterate, I loved ninety percent of the movie though. the ending, just ruined it for me

Hopefully we'll get access to the deleted material on the Bluray extras and see the original ending that was on the script. I'm really not on board with what you described, who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Ramjet311

It seems from reviews that Traeger is the stand out Character. i know it's a spoiler question, but do He or any of the Loonies survive?

NiceGuy

Now that the movie is coming out, is there any chance that we can read the leaked script?

Xan21

Xan21

Jeesh how to screw your own movie over... I'll see it when it comes out digitally.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I wanna see it with my partner but I'm sure she won't be impressed with vagina and blowjob jokes.

Whiskeybrewer

Cant wait to see this next week

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: NiceGuy on Sep 07, 2018, 11:05:47 AM
Now that the movie is coming out, is there any chance that we can read the leaked script?

Give it a few weeks and we'll post it.

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 07, 2018, 11:00:52 AM

Really that bad of an ending to ruin the whole thing or just disappointing ?

Yeah. I f**king hated it so much.

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 10:58:59 AM
He does. It was cool.

At least this. :)
Thanks, Hicks.

Beans 81

Beans 81

The ending sounds absolutely f**king terrible....like horrendously so bad I almost don't want to see it now

Master

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 10:58:59 AM
Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 07, 2018, 10:49:22 AM

Half-cameo maybe?  ;D ;D

He does. It was cool.

Check NECA The Predator thered Boss.

One last question The Predator ?/10 ?

SyntaX

SyntaX

Ok, here goes; I can finally state something about different versions of The Predator ... and o boy, are they different.
My friend works in the movie industry and has been doing so for quite some while. No, I can not tell you who he is or where he works. I can just tell you that ... well, he knows people.

MIND YOU GUYS! I AM STILL PIECING TOGETHER ALL INFORMATION

Late in July, my friend got asked to watch an assembly cut (rough cut) of the movie. He told me that this version did contain some bits and pieces about the Friendly Predators and why the actually help us out. Unfortunatly, they do not get named in the final version. Not only that, but the start and ending of the movie plays out very differently (presumably due to the third act reshoots).

I'll start with the - assembly cut version first ... and add things from the (final) movie below 'em.
SPOILERS!

Spoiler

- The Fugitve is onboard a ship enroute to an unknown planet carrying the Assassin
This plays out a bit different in the final movie, as the Fugitive and Assasin are NOT on the same ship.
It is never explained in the assembly cut WHY the Assassin is on his ship. He's just ... there...

- They are also carrying an unknown device onboard.
The final movie only depicts the Fugitive with this device onboard his ship.

- The device onboard was something that could influece a planets atmosphere to make a planet inhabitable for the Predator species.
There is NO indication of a suit of armor. Hell, there's even a QUOTE in the Assembly Cut stating the following;
"You ever seen Superman? The scene where he fights this squid lookin' thing that are trying to bring one planets atmosphere to another? Well ... here it is".

- The Fugitive has 2 comrades with him.
They are NOT present in the final product.

Another interesting note is the McKenna vs Fugitive scene;

Assembly Cut
- During this, McKenna is send out (along with his team, not the Loonies) to investigate the crashed ship. Once he's there, he has NO clue (apparently it's Alien Covenant level of stupidity) that his men are getting picked off one-by-one. He stumbles and is looking at one out-cold Predator (bloodied, no mask) and says : "What kind of ugly motherf**ker are you!?". When he's on his feet, he notices a reflection at one of the trees... It's a cloaked Predator. By the time McKenna realizes he is alone (yes, the Fugitive wiped his team) ... there's an explosion, which knocks him out cold and he lands next to another Predator before passing out. This scene, according to my friend, shows three Predators. Later, during a scene in Stargazer it is stated that : "We managed to break two of 'em ... however, this one is one tough bitch ... some sort of elite".. There are some scenes with the Friendly Predators in the assembly cut ... we've all seen the APC version, we've seen them walking around next to humans ... but this got scrapped in the Final Version. Which, to me, is a good thing. It bordered on AvP level of absurdity.

The Assassin was never ment to hunt down the Fugitive. He was ment to be put on a planet in order to be hunted (judgement, so to speak).
The Suit of Armor was NEVER mentioned/shown in the assembly cut. The movie ends with the remaining characters killing off the Assassin ... picking there shit together and leaving the forrest.
[close]

There's alot more information that I have to piece together but I'll do that once I see the movie again this Sunday. It seems that the start of the movie and the third act suffers from these reshoots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed