AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 56,316 times)

Dusk

You know, if they wanted to actually do something different with the franchise, how about a Movie where a Predator actually wins at the end?

I always pictured a scenario, where a Predator kills his worthy prey in front of their family, or maybe just their child. The Predator is victorious and collects his last trophy, when he notices the child that witnessed the whole fight. He calmly and non-threateningly walks over, kneels down in front of the child and stares into its eyes. A moment of silence and then the Predator utters these words. "Maybe next time..." Then he gets up and leaves. The Movie could end with a flash forward, the child is now all grown up and a respectable soldier, because he joined the military after the events of the Movie. Then the scene switches to the Predator heat vision and... The End.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 07, 2018, 12:33:28 AM
However i would suspect everyone would likely remember the spear that they elder gifted her.

I don't know how can one think that it's the xeno-tailed spear.
It's quite clear that it will be the spear the Elder gave Lex.
Just need a little logic: Stargazer collects Predator stuff. There are ONLY Predator stuff displayed in the lab. Why would there be a kind of rudimentary spear?

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 07, 2018, 04:03:22 AM
And this scenes was deleted: 1  2  3  4  5    ???

These scenes were also cut (most likely):

The Ark's (probably) 3rd crash landing

Hybrids' attack on Area 52

I'm very disappointed. :(

Tetsujin

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 07, 2018, 04:22:44 AM
I think the report didn't specify how many Predadogs are in the movie... I just says that the creature of the predator dog remains. Hicks will know better

Thx!

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 07, 2018, 08:51:22 AM

These scenes were also cut (most likely):

The Ark's (probably) 3rd crash landing

jpg

Hybrids' attack on Area 52

jpg

I'm very disappointed. :(

Thx!!

But NOOOOOOO.... this screencaptures (mostly last) very like for me.

SAD  :-[

predinator....

predinator....

Heres an idea.... AVPTARitch. Alien vs predator vs Terminator on Pandora with Avatar people (whatever the flip they were called) but with the main character fighting eachother in the dark as the Pitch Black monsters lurk in the background. Now thats some shit!!!

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

PREDATOR'S WITH HUMAN CLOTHES ARE FINALLY GONE! Dear God! Finally someone decided to do a proper thing. But now, Its sad that they used their finances for it, it was just useless. Shane please, next time dont shoot any useless material and rather think about your movie before you throw some money directly to the trash can.  ::)

Xerxész

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 07, 2018, 10:04:18 AM

Yeah, that's the situation. :(
Although Hicks did not mention in his article, but if the APC action scenes, the 2 Defectors, the Hybrids were cut out, it means that the whole Area 52 part with the Military ,
Spoiler
the F22s fighting the Ark
[close]
and General Woodruff (Edward James Olmos' character) would be pointless to leave in the film, so I'm sure these parts were also cut out...

Also, if the Hybrids are not in the film, then what the hell are in those 8 cryotubes stored on the Ark? What creatures
Spoiler
do massacre at Rory's house
[close]
in the middle of the film? Did they shoot a half new movie in February or what the hell?

Also, regarding the picture about the P1 Predator shown to Casey... What came to my mind is that maybe Hopper's team got the chance to take a quick bad quality picture about the Jungle Hunter? Or the crew in the recon helicopter (found by Dutch's team) could take picture about it and managed to send it to Dillon. Or possibly the Russians in the guerilla camp. Who knows?

Dusk

Dusk

Instead of a picture, maybe it should be a sketch drawing based on Dutch's description. Or maybe the picture was accidentally taken. The villagers are taken pictures of the surroundings and the Predator got caught in it, while he wasn't cloaked. And the Military managed to get their hands on it.

Yautja_Warrior

I can't see it happening because film makers love to make the bigger monster over powered and the main attraction but I hope the reshoots let the Classic Predator put up more of a fight and not just die like a bitch.

I think the ending would be far better if Classic and Super were hunting each other in a tense game of cat and mouse, with the soldiers caught in the middle, trying to escape but getting picked off by both Preds, while they are trying to take each other out.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 06, 2018, 10:52:45 PM
Quote from: D88M on Jul 06, 2018, 10:33:48 PM
Test screenings, test audiences, and reshoots are dumb and pointless. Also how STUPID is to put the awful AVP movies into canon? From the leaked script this movie sounded awful and it just gets worse with every article.

Yeeaaahhh right? I mean, I would've much preferred for the ET to have died in the end of ET, damn those stupid dumb test screenings and reshoots that dared change that. Don't even get me started on Scott Pilgrim.

That was sarcasm again, by the way.

Don't bother with him lol

Dusk

Wish it wouldn't have required a test audience for them to finally realize, that Predators in camo gear might be a really bad idea. I don't want to know how much money they spent on a scene, that won't make it into the Movie.

SiL

So long as they release the original ending on the Blu-Ray I don't care. While the concept of test audiences was spawned in some circle of hell hitherto unimagined by Dante, sometimes they do actually result in positive changes. And if they don't, hopefully we get the chance to experience the original cut later.

I imagine it's a kick in the teeth for Black and Dekker, but I somehow don't think camo pants Predators was ever truly going to fly with a casual audience who hasn't oversaturated itself with Predator material and isn't really looking for something that drastically new.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 07, 2018, 10:56:24 AM

Although Hicks did not mention in his article, but if the APC action scenes, the 2 Defectors, the Hybrids were cut out, it means that the whole Area 52 part with the Military ,
Spoiler
[close]
and General Woodruff (Edward James Olmos' character) would be pointless to leave in the film, so I'm sure these parts were also cut out...

Also, if the Hybrids are not in the film, then what the hell are in those 8 cryotubes stored on the Ark? What creatures
Spoiler
[close]
in the middle of the film? Did they shoot a half new movie in February or what the hell?

That is a hell of a lot of scrapped content if they remove all of it, is the movie only 1 hour long ? lol

The reshoots better be really good quality material or this movie could turn out to be be a hell of a mess.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 07, 2018, 10:56:24 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Also, regarding the picture about the P1 Predator shown to Casey... What came to my mind is that maybe Hopper's team got the chance to take a quick bad quality picture about the Jungle Hunter? Or the crew in the recon helicopter (found by Dutch's team) could take picture about it and managed to send it to Dillon. Or possibly the Russians in the guerilla camp. Who knows?

Spoiler
I think it's the two pred dogs the upgrade bring with him that do the killing in the suburbs
[close]

humanpredator

humanpredator

did shane black just take down his twitter page?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its certainly gone thats for sure.

I wonder if he was unhappy with the reshoot spoilers leaking?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed