AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 56,304 times)

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 08:40:37 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 07, 2018, 08:38:26 PM
The upgrade is the indominus rex of the Predator universe. These things got bored hunting rodents so they hybridize some new prey and it got out. The end.

You think the Upgrade was intended as... Prey?

Ooh...
Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2018, 08:35:33 PM
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/749b9aea-98dd-438f-a935-c088d0d4148c_1.06f71479f34b7c1b2c21d2e0bccaf20c.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Space Dweeb makes a comeback.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 07, 2018, 08:38:26 PM
The upgrade is the indominus rex of the Predator universe. These things got bored hunting rodents so they hybridize some new prey and it got out. The end.

However the the Indominus Rex, while overall superior, was still done in by two weaker (one like 3 times smaller) regular dinosaurs, which in doing so shows respect and honor. Because you can't beat a classic.

We aren't getting that here.

PredBabe

You'd think with everyone's disappointment from the death of Classic in Predators, they would have realized what the fans are looking to see (even though it made sense that the already beaten classic Predator would lose against a "larger" cheater). Before reading the spoilers to this movie, I genuinely thought that The Predator revolved around Captured and Upgrade playing a game of cat and mouse and the Loonies and kid were just caught in the middle.

I'll probably be just as mad when I see it play out in the movie as I was when I first read about it...
Spoiler
Captured will probably be all dazed and confused after being slammed into the car and Upgrade will practically pluck his skull right off his shoulders.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

That sounds lame.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 07, 2018, 09:26:41 PM
However the the Indominus Rex, while overall superior, was still done in by two weaker (one like 3 times smaller) regular dinosaurs, which in doing some shows respect and honor. Because you can't beat a classic.

People can besmirch that scene in Jurassic World as excessive fan service all they want, but goddamn dude I was smiling.

Jurassic Park 3 took such a dick punch shot at the audience. For a lot of us we grew up loving Rex from JP. What a wonderfully realized and designed creature. She felt real and alive. Our local seven eleven used to tell dinosaur toys. The preposed, nine inch dolls made of soft plastic/rubber? Every time I would go in there and finally... Finally they had a t-rex.

Then they basically snapped it's avatars neck in the third movie. Unceremoniously. I was well into my teenage years when JP3 came out, but I can imagine the little boy me getting very wet faced had I seen that. Rex was my favorite.

Jurassic World gave her a great build up and, no, she wasn't invincible against I-Rex, but she made a beautiful come back and got the treatment she deserved as an icon of the franchise. Audience expectations are important to consider. Both in the way that you can give the audience what they want, but you can also give them something they won't be expecting.

It's one thing if you're working in basically a vacuum with a completely new project, but when you're coming into a franchise... You have to consider the loyalty of the fan base, and the audience reaction to the things you do.

So in a big way i'm thankful that these test screenings had them go back and do things over that needed to be fixed. I'm honestly shocked, because as I have said many times previously, I couldn't imagine them redoing things down to the fundamental core. But it sounds like that's what they did. Good on em. I'm cautiously optimistic.

And ya know what? The Upgrade looks enough like a proper Predator that I don't mind if he takes the cake. As long as it's done well.

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 07, 2018, 09:46:09 PM
I'll probably be just as mad when I see it play out in the movie as I was when I first read about it...
Spoiler
Captured will probably be all dazed and confused after being slammed into the car and Upgrade will practically pluck his skull right off his shoulders.
[close]

Yep. He's gonna go for
Spoiler
the spine.
[close]

They gave that away already. T'was a nice piece of art, but uh... Oops.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 07, 2018, 08:46:40 PM
Honestly, it's time to start adapting some of the comics. Just Watchmen style, translating the page to the screen, because whenever writers and directors put their own spin on things, we end up with Predators hunting Aliens in Antarctica, Predator 1 in space, and two outings of the Predator running through the american suburbs.

But what would be the point then ? Cinema is a totally different media, better use those differences to create something interesting rather than copy/paste.

Black&Dekker2020

Black&Dekker2020

Everything you just makes a lot of sense Openmaw. To bad not immediately accepting the GENIUS of Shane Black (HE MADE AN MCU MOVIE) makes you a backwards butthurt fan any obsessed with the inferior part of this disease and flawed franchise.

Who are we to question the will of HOLLYWOOD? Mere peons, toiling endlessly in our backwards rural hellscape of everywhere not L.A. or New York. They bless us with timeless pieces of art. Ghostbusters 2016. American Pie 3. Catwoman. That Steven Spielburg movie about the horse nobody saw because nobody with a ra

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 07:29:19 PM
Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jul 07, 2018, 06:08:18 PM
didn't work in Freddy vs Jason

It worked fine. Freddy Vs Jason is arguably the best of the versus films. Keeping Jason unconscious like a ticking time bomb made perfect sense.

What drugs are you prescribed? I'd like to try them

Dannyboy

Anybody here have a thought on how stargazer gets a photo of jungle hunter? I mean my only idea is that the biomask was still recording as the JH dropped it to fight Dutch. Obviously we can say without a doubt that city hunter had plenty of camera time, thanks to OWLF.

Huggs

Quote from: Dannyboy on Jul 08, 2018, 04:34:07 AM
Anybody here have a thought on how stargazer gets a photo of jungle hunter? I mean my only idea is that the biomask was still recording as the JH dropped it to fight Dutch. Obviously we can say without a doubt that city hunter had plenty of camera time, thanks to OWLF.

Perhaps they'll play the old card of the "gubment" having tech years ahead of everyone else. Maybe they had the right satellites and equipment to get a photo. Maybe one of the guerillas took a picture that accidentally captured  ;) J.H. in the background. Or heck, maybe a local had the picture. Maybe to them it was proof of some legendary beast like sasquatch or Chupacabra. If the right people found out about it, there's your picture evidence.

Or maybe it's just a picture of his pod burning through the atmosphere.

OpenMaw

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jul 07, 2018, 06:08:18 PM
What drugs are you prescribed? I'd like to try them

Insulin, and your addiction troubles are not my concern.  :D

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2018, 04:40:22 AM
Or heck, maybe a local had the picture. Maybe to them it was proof of some legendary beast like sasquatch or Chupacabra. If the right people found out about it, there's your picture evidence.

This would be my guess. Maybe a local woman caught it in the middle of taking trophies.

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 04:59:19 AM
Maybe a local woman caught it in the middle of taking trophies.

Dear God, even the locals are doing it?  :D

frenchfries

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 07, 2018, 09:26:41 PM
However the the Indominus Rex, while overall superior, was still done in by two weaker (one like 3 times smaller) regular dinosaurs, which in doing some shows respect and honor. Because you can't beat a classic.

People can besmirch that scene in Jurassic World as excessive fan service all they want, but goddamn dude I was smiling.

Jurassic Park 3 took such a dick punch shot at the audience. For a lot of us we grew up loving Rex from JP. What a wonderfully realized and designed creature. She felt real and alive. Our local seven eleven used to tell dinosaur toys. The preposed, nine inch dolls made of soft plastic/rubber? Every time I would go in there and finally... Finally they had a t-rex.

Then they basically snapped it's avatars neck in the third movie. Unceremoniously. I was well into my teenage years when JP3 came out, but I can imagine the little boy me getting very wet faced had I seen that. Rex was my favorite.

Jurassic World gave her a great build up and, no, she wasn't invincible against I-Rex, but she made a beautiful come back and got the treatment she deserved as an icon of the franchise. Audience expectations are important to consider. Both in the way that you can give the audience what they want, but you can also give them something they won't be expecting.

It's one thing if you're working in basically a vacuum with a completely new project, but when you're coming into a franchise... You have to consider the loyalty of the fan base, and the audience reaction to the things you do.

So in a big way i'm thankful that these test screenings had them go back and do things over that needed to be fixed. I'm honestly shocked, because as I have said many times previously, I couldn't imagine them redoing things down to the fundamental core. But it sounds like that's what they did. Good on em. I'm cautiously optimistic.

And ya know what? The Upgrade looks enough like a proper Predator that I don't mind if he takes the cake. As long as it's done well.

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 07, 2018, 09:46:09 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Yep. He's gonna go for
Spoiler
the spine.
[close]

They gave that away already. T'was a nice piece of art, but uh... Oops.
agreed 100percent. The upgrade is still a predator and I like the design.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2018, 05:04:20 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 04:59:19 AM
Maybe a local woman caught it in the middle of taking trophies.

Dear God, even the locals are doing it?  :D

It could be something like a low quality, grainy, black and white photo of the jungle hunter in a blur with it's eyes flashing or something.

The Old One

The Old One

Crikey, I don't like that at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed