Vomit comet ☄️

oduodu

oduodu

ralfy

could you point to the specific

script

page

and then specifically quote from it.

i am interested to see what take on the scripts you are refering to.

i was just curious because the statement (s) you make cannot have been deducted from the movies alone.

i want you to be specific because i am really interested to read it.

just asking :

what are you peronally advocating
  for :

that burke was working alone

that burke was not working alone

you're just arguing both points for sake of it as possabilities

are you advocating for 1 or 2 or 3?

just a bit confused!!

put me  out of my misery!!

again i am really interested to know what sets people imagination s on fire. this obviously sets your imagination on fire.

iwant to know why. and why it means ao much to you. in prey i was trying to understand what it was about that sets people's imagination on fire.

i know what i take from the pred franchise.

but what is it that a newer gen of fans take from it.

ralfy:

speak to me. i crave your enlightenment.

lol

ps

love american politics. because it  has been fundamental to everything that has happened in the world since bretton woods in 1947. loved Reagan. ah no... not the right place or time..........

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Wish SM would make an appearance and tell him once and for all his fan fiction take on the movie is nonsense.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: oduodu on Jul 07, 2023, 06:36:14 AMralfy

could you point to the specific

script

page

and then specifically quote from it.

i am interested to see what take on the scripts you are refering to.

i was just curious because the statement (s) you make cannot have been deducted from the movies alone.

i want you to be specific because i am really interested to read it.

just asking :

what are you peronally advocating
  for :

that burke was working alone

that burke was not working alone

you're just arguing both points for sake of it as possabilities

are you advocating for 1 or 2 or 3?

just a bit confused!!

put me  out of my misery!!

again i am really interested to know what sets people imagination s on fire. this obviously sets your imagination on fire.

iwant to know why. and why it means ao much to you. in prey i was trying to understand what it was about that sets people's imagination on fire.

i know what i take from the pred franchise.

but what is it that a newer gen of fans take from it.

ralfy:

speak to me. i crave your enlightenment.

lol

ps

love american politics. because it  has been fundamental to everything that has happened in the world since bretton woods in 1947. loved Reagan. ah no... not the right place or time..........

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/scripts/aliens-1985-09-23.pdf

Pages:

3. Burke: "Carter Burke. I work for the company."

Can we consider the reference to Ripley planning to sue the company for "willful neglicence," whether or not it shows up in the movie? Or is this a minor aside?

7. Burke: "You got feds, you got interstellar...." (shows that both company and gov't are involved in the investigation, and implicitly collude with each other, as will be seen later)

8. Van Leuwen: "The lifeboat's flight recorder corroborates some elements of your account." (Read the rest: flight recorders don't simply tell you that a ship landed but where. That's where the alien ship's located.)

9. ECA Rep: "...something which has never been reported once from over three hundred surveyed worlds...." (Shows active projects by both gov't and company in finding and monetizing finds. What about Arcturians? See later.)

Burke: "You had them eating out of your hand...." (To Ripley, you believe this guy? The opposite happened, "kiddo". Maybe you should have gotten a lawyer, unless of course it's just a board of inquiry.)

10. Van Leuwen: "Said license is hereby suspended...." (Wait a minute: sentencing for an inquiry?) "File closed." (Why didn't anyone bring up the alien ship location?)

Ripley: "Why would you just check out LV-426?" (Oh, there you go. But you're too late, sweetie!)

Van Leuwen: "Because I don't have to. There have been people there...." (Wait: that's not the right answer! Ripley accepted that?")

Ripley: "How many are there? How many colonists?" (Wait a minute: Ripley didn't know that there was a colony there? Definitely needed a lawyer to do due diligence. Unless it's a board of inquiry only? If so, then why the judgment?)

13. Lydecker: "Says he's onto something and and wants to know will his claim be honored." (Read the rest: shows that there's no full rights to this. Those who work on the company clock gets a claim, and thus a percentage. See later for more details.)

16. Ripley: "I can't believe this. You guys throw me to the wolves...." (Good. Maybe you can demand concessions because it looks like they're proving you right!)

Burke: "It may just be a down transmitter. But if it's not, I want you there...as an advisor." (Obviously, they know that it's not. Why else send an advisor and an armed group? Demand for better terms, Ripley!)

Burke: "....they're packing state-of-the-art firepower" (So, it's obvious that the claim made earlier in this board that they didn't know what to expect is ridiculous.)

Burke: "Well, the corporation that colony with the Colonial Administration against mineral rights." (There you have it: they're obviously not working alone and Burke doesn't get "everything". LOL. The government has surface rights, and the company mineral rights, and Burke's front man for both, as Gorman also knows what to expect. The only thing that's left is putting two and two together, and seeing that the mission is not simply meant to repair downed transmitters or save juicy colonists' daughters but much more. Can Ripley realize that?)

18. Ripley: "Just tell me one thing. That you're going out there to kill them. Not to study." (Apparently not.)

21. Frost: "Arcturan poontang" (Should have reported that to the ECA Rep.)

Ripley: "You never said anything about an android being here!" (If they put one on the Nostromo, then why would they not do the same, especially for a mission where they know that aliens exist? C'mon!)

Bishop: "Impossible for me to harm...." (Yes, but you'll still follow company orders, right?)

Gorman: "...a xenomorph may be involved."

Hicks: "It's a bug-hunt." (Someone pointed out earlier that "bug hunt" simply refers to working out kinks in a system. Yeah, you need state-of-the-art firepower to do that.)

Gorman: "We also have Ripley's report on disk." (In short, Gorman knows everything that Ripley, Burke, and the board knows.)

Burke: "These are dead. There's just the two alive." (Earlier, some pointed out that the colony was overwhelmed quickly, and because of that likely could not send any distress signal to the company. And yet they managed to extract several living and dead facehuggers. Maybe they were too excited doing that no one bothered to inform the company about what they found.)

Ripley: "This operation is under military jurisdiction...." (That means Burke couldn't have been working alone and arranged everything. Rather, the military sent the armed group following every point raised above and the company worked with them, using Burke as a front man. Probably the only one who knew their actual goal besides him was Gorman, especially given the point that Gorman was with Burke when they met Ripley.)

Burke: "Look, this is a multimillion dollar installation." (Actually, Burke is right: if they're clear of the site, then they could go to orbit and send a message to the authorities and wait for instructions. Also, wait a minute: is Bishop with them? Or they probably didn't need to get him because he's not human.)

Ripley: "...call up some kind of floor plan file." (Should have done this before disembarked, with Apone briefing his personnel about such.)

Bishop: "I'd like to continue my analysis." (Nice to see you, Bishop! Analyses likely needed to help them beat the creatures, but can also be sent to the company via transmitter because that's important, too, but the transmitter went down. Should have fixed that first and set a command base before venturing out, right? Or maybe set up a second transmitter to serve as a backup in the APC.)

Bishop: "Mr. Burke gave instructions that they were to be kept alive in stasis for return to the company labs. He was very specific." (Bishop is supposed to be working for the Marines but in this case he's working for Burke. Burke's obviously not working alone as he needs Bishop and Gorman, and is obviously also working with company officials who will be studying the specimens and monetizing them. In short, he's a front for the company and the government.)

Ripley: "Look, Burke, we had an agreement!" (Definitely needed a lawyer.)

Burke: "...you're the representative of the company who discovered this species..." (In short, it's all percentages or shares. No one gets sole rights.)

Burke: "Then no exclusive rights, nothing." (Likely implies that the alien ship is part of surface rights, and thus owned by the government. For the company to exploit that exclusive rights have to be obtained from the same government. That means W-Y needed to find it or aliens first, and that's why Burke moved quickly. In any event, these also mean that he wasn't working alone or could have gotten all benefits from the find.)

Ripley: "He figured he could get an alien back through quarantine..." (Likely, he had a way to get the facehuggers back through quarantine using Bishop. He resorted to this new plan because Ripley was on to him. Should have not brought along Ripley, or probably just kept her and others on board the Sulaco, just like what they did with the Nostromo in the first movie.)

Ripley: "...screwing each other over a....percentage" (It's all about percentages. Imagining that this is about a cartoon villain who's working alone because he'd get sole rights to finds looks too cartoonish.)

Engineer

Engineer

🤮 ☄️

oduodu

oduodu

ok ty

will read it

oduodu

oduodu

again judt trying to understand your point of view.

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

He's just repeating himself over and over like a stuck record.

The tiny little lines of dialogue you're using to prove your point do not in fact prove your point. They're either too obscure and can be interpreted many different ways (but apparently only one way according to you, your way and only yours) or they don't remotely mean what they think you think they mean.

Yes the Company and other Government bodies were involved in the investigation of the disappearance of the Nostromo.

NOBODY IS DENYING THAT! WE ARE SAYING AFTER THE INVESTIGATION CONCLUDES AND THEY DONT BELIEVE RIPLEY'S VERSION OF EVENTS THEY LET IT GO AND MOVE ON! "Move on". Something you seem to be unable to do!

Burke acts alone after the investigation is closed. So please stop spewing the same dialogue lines over and over again.

And yes we've already mentioned Burke telling Bishop to pack up the specimens. So? Burke is an Android, he follows orders. If Gorman or Apone or even Hicks isn't giving Bishop any counter orders (please Bishop whatever you do don't preserve those specimens and if anyone tells you to do so don't do it". They never say that to him! So a Company official asks him (not orders, asks) to pack them up for return to Company labs and Bishop at that moment in time has no reason to challenge that request. That is literally all it is.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Wait... people still read Ralfy's posts here? There's an ignore button you know. 🤣

But from the replies, let me guess; movie misquotes, out-there interpretations, Burke wasn't working alone, everyone knew the location of the derelict, Arcturians are aliens, the entire alien fandom and everyone who's ever watched the movie are fanboys and wrong, only Ralfy is right, James Cameron doesn't understand his own movie, etc etc blah blah waffle... (am I on the mark?) 😂

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm just glad it isn't another Egg on the Sulaco thread resurrection.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jul 08, 2023, 02:31:18 PMWait... people still read Ralfy's posts here? There's an ignore button you know. 🤣

But from the replies, let me guess; movie misquotes, out-there interpretations, Burke wasn't working alone, everyone knew the location of the derelict, Arcturians are aliens, the entire alien fandom and everyone who's ever watched the movie are fanboys and wrong, only Ralfy is right, James Cameron doesn't understand his own movie, etc etc blah blah waffle... (am I on the mark?) 😂

Nailed it.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jul 08, 2023, 02:31:18 PMWait... people still read Ralfy's posts here? There's an ignore button you know. 🤣

Free rides on the vomit comet 🤮 ☄️

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 08, 2023, 08:38:58 PMhttps://i.redd.it/4rmnucln1gia1.png
I'm just glad it isn't another Egg on the Sulaco thread resurrection.

Don't tempt fate. 😬

SiL

SiL

When people say Burke is working alone Ralfy insists they mean he organised the whole expedition to the colony, despite being told repeatedly this is not what anybody means.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed