Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 252,244 times)

OpenMaw

Game over, man!

kwisatz

Im not falling for this suggestive crap.

I take b).

windebieste

Definitely (a). 

Rock da boat & Shock da folk.  Poke the dumb f**kers in the eye.

In this regard, I'm with Scott and his subversive vision all the way. 

-Windebieste.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Poke in this, avant-garde hipster!

;)

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2017, 01:03:55 AM
a) Alien Covenant is the best film ever.
or
b) Aliens is the best because I like pulse rifles and power loaders and the Queen and I'm dumb.

I'd never put powerloaders into the equation before. My (low IQ) mind is blown.

Scorpio

Quote from: Highland on Dec 12, 2017, 12:59:44 AM
What would the poll questions be?!

I'm glad you asked, Highland.

It would be something to the tune of:

a)  I like Aliens and don't like Alien Covenant
b)  I like Alien Covenant and don't like Aliens
c)  I like both
d)  I like neither

Of course nobody is dumb for liking Aliens, I never meant to imply that.  When I was 9 years old Aliens was one of my favourite movies.  :)

kwisatz

I see what you did there.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 12, 2017, 12:31:10 AM
One can probably ask a sampling of A:C viewers worldwide (especially from Asia) and from the millennial demographic, and ask them to compare A:C with Aliens.

According to IMDB, the millennial demographic reveals the following ratings on both films....

A:C
Age bracket 18-29
48,276 Total voters
Rating 6.5

Aliens
Age bracket 18-29
127,177 Total voters
Rating 8.2

Seems Millennials have a healthy respect for a 30 year old film.  And this is not an isolated example. Millennials rate old classics like 2001 ASO, 12 Angry Men, Psycho, The Shining, The Godfather, among many other examples higher than the Boomer and older audience rated them. Which those films were targeted at those older generations.

Blows that stereotype Millennials are an audience of mindless sheep, out of the water.

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 12, 2017, 12:31:10 AM
What are the chances that they know little or nothing about the latter?
Considering the results above, I would say the chances are quite high they are acquainted with the latter.

Alionic

I, too, am surprised that millennials like the action movie with explosions more.

Biomechanoid

Your innuendo would be effective if Millennials held in high regard only old classics that were filled with explosions, but your attempt falls flat considering my examples above. They apparently have a greater appreciation for old classics that are strictly compelling dramas / thrillers........or..... to address your point, minus explosions.....than the old geezers do for their own generation of old films.

Embarrassing........... Very embarrassing.

Alionic

Except for the part where action films are popular (and gross the most) among millennials and younger audiences altogether, bud. Perhaps you're unaware of the Marvel and Fast & Furious BO numbers, chief? Or, just look at R rated action films like John Wick, Logan, and Fury Road, for instance.

PsyKore

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 11, 2017, 10:05:59 PM
Speaking of Aliens, this thread and the Covenant board in general lately reminds me a lot of the sad Aliens:Colonial Marines Gearbox forum where some posters senslessly defended A:CM no mather what the criticism was. Some of them were obvious trolls but here i'm not sure, it's either trolling or just plain delusion.

Lol. Subtle.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 12, 2017, 02:52:32 AM
Except for the part where action films are popular (and gross the most) among millennials and younger audiences altogether, bud. Perhaps you're unaware of the Marvel and Fast & Furious BO numbers, chief? Or, just look at R rated action films like John Wick, Logan, and Fury Road, for instance.
Understood, and mainly agree...... bud. But that wasn't the question that monkey asked, now was it.........chief.

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteMillennials rate old classics like 2001 ASO

Interesting, i didnt expect that, though in 2001s case it might simply be due to a smaller sample size (130k vs 173k)!?

2001 got 8.8 for >18, but i guess if you are among the few who actually watch a 2.5 hour Kubrick scifi chances are per se quite high you gonna like what you see.

Next morning you will get bullied at high school, again.

Deathbearer

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 12, 2017, 02:28:14 AM
I, too, am surprised that millennials like the action movie with explosions more.

Ah, the generational boogeyman I see. Classic. Watch out for that darned KISS, there's something not quite right about that Gene fellow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed