How has Alien: Covenant affected your personal canon?

Started by marrerom, Aug 03, 2017, 02:14:11 PM

Author
How has Alien: Covenant affected your personal canon? (Read 9,599 times)

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2018, 08:12:31 PM
When David shows Oram his lab, he indicates an egg and says he didn't create it.
It heavily implies but does not totally guarantee it. I'm personally on the recreation side, though.

Eagle eyed viewers will notice that the egg mentioned in the novel can be seen in the final movie, though no attention is drawn to it.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Stitch on Feb 02, 2018, 01:52:38 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2018, 08:12:31 PM
When David shows Oram his lab, he indicates an egg and says he didn't create it.
It heavily implies but does not totally guarantee it. I'm personally on the recreation side, though.

Eagle eyed viewers will notice that the egg mentioned in the novel can be seen in the final movie, though no attention is drawn to it.
It's hard to say without access to the shooting script, but this fact makes me think that the scene from the novelization was filmed, but cut.

Alionic

Or maybe the author of the novelization didn't like David creating the Alien, so he added in those parts.

SM

ADF included it.  Fox allowed it.

Corporal Hicks

I specifically asked ADF about it when we interviewed him. He said that was his inclusion.

SM

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2018, 08:31:31 AM
I specifically asked ADF about it when we interviewed him. He said that was his inclusion.
Inclusion in the sense that ADF fabricated it from whole cloth, or that it was part of the script that Ridley Scott chose to omit when the movie was filmed/edited?

EJA

Is it definitely a facehugger egg?

Xenomrph

Quote from: EJA on Feb 04, 2018, 07:10:18 PM
Is it definitely a facehugger egg?
Yes, I believe there's even drawings of it in David's bestiary.

EJA

So facehuggers (and therefore presumably Xenos) existed at some point already?

SM

Depends who you ask.

Something akin to facehuggers and blahblahmorph was at least envisioned on the mural on LV-223.  Whether those ever existed at any point is anyones guess.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 03, 2018, 07:48:26 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2018, 08:31:31 AM
Inclusion in the sense that ADF fabricated it from whole cloth, or that it was part of the script that Ridley Scott chose to omit when the movie was filmed/edited?

About 45:30 - he says the script he was working from said it was unclear either way so he was left to do his own thing.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/podcasts/avpg_pc_episode51.mp3

To be honest, given how he also had to insert his own scene where they check the atmosphere (since it wasn't in the script he was adapting) but we've seen that in the draft I managed to get a hold of and I think Carl Braga also mentioned something about a similar scene being filmed it's just as possible an earlier script was more specific about it.

Xenomrph

Quote from: EJA on Feb 05, 2018, 11:23:36 AM
So facehuggers (and therefore presumably Xenos) existed at some point already?
That's the implication, and why David said he was recreating preexisting work.

Nightmare Asylum

Personal canon is easy.

Prometheus
Alien: Covenant
Alien
Aliens
AlienĀ³
Alien: Resurrection

Also worth noting that they are fun to watch in tandem with Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049, not for any legitimate shared universe connections, but because the two franchises thematically intersect in a lot of interesting ways.

Wweyland

I have no specific canon, but I try to get my hands on as much EU stuff as possible out of curiosity and "historical knowledge".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed