Alien 3 is HANDS-DOWN My Favourite Alien film-Why do you guys hate it so much?

Started by Alien3Rules, May 24, 2017, 02:53:35 AM

Author
Alien 3 is HANDS-DOWN My Favourite Alien film-Why do you guys hate it so much? (Read 11,598 times)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Alien3Rules on May 24, 2017, 10:05:54 PMDr. Clemens is on of my favourite characters in the franchise!!!!

He's the top of my pile (and I went with 'Mr' because I wanted people, when they see my name, to hear in their heads Andrews saying "MISter CLEmens!")  :D

Punk

Quote from: Alien3Rules on May 24, 2017, 02:53:35 AM
Alien 3 had a GREAT cast, pitch-perfect for their roles (the superintendent, 85, Dr. Clemens, Charles S. Dutton as Dillon, all of the "wanker prisoners" were PERFECTLY cast), I thought the alien was the coolest-looking Alien (LOVED the athletic dog/alien hybrid), it had some CLASSIC SCENES (the whole "deadly game of tag" as the prisoners got the alien to chase them and then tried like hell to beat it to the closing door, etc.  The GREAT ENDING with Ripley sacrificing her life to gain final victory over BOTH the Alien and the Company, etc.  Why the hell is this movie so hated by Alien fans?!  Why did it become "cool" for fanboys to hate this  movie?   I enjoy Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, but Alien 3 is honestly my favourite, and there is NO WAY you can tell me that it isn't a damn good entry in the series.  Alien 3 had a "darkness" to  and a fatalistic bent to it, which the first 2 didn't have, and I LIKE that.

I enjoyed Alien, but it does drag in parts AND the Alien does at times look TOO HUMAN, AKA like a dude wearing a black latex suit.

I enjoyed Aliens, but it does play in parts like a typical James Cameron BANG BOOM BOOM BANG! action film.

Alien 3 is pretty much pitch perfect in my eyes, and  with all due respect to Ridley Scott, I think Fincher is the best director in the entire series.

Alien 3 is a good movie. The only argument on why it sucks I get from people is "they killed off Newt and Hicks". Like cmon a little girl running around and Michael Biehn would have made that story better? No f**king way and I think there deaths help set a dark tone for the film.

SM

The argument is often more to do with the cheap manner of their demise rather than their lack of presence.

Scorpio

Quote from: windebieste on May 24, 2017, 03:48:44 AM
'ALIEN 3' is a great but flawed movie. 

It's flawed in the sense that if someone painted a moustache on Mona Lisa, because that's what amounts to the studio interference.  But we're not talking AVPR levels of flawed. 

Alien3Rules

Alien 3 is a good movie. The only argument on why it sucks I get from people is "they killed off Newt and Hicks". Like cmon a little girl running around and Michael Biehn would have made that story better? No f**king way and I think there deaths help set a dark tone for the film.
[/quote]

WELL SAID PUNK!! I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!   :) :) :)

Rankles75

Quote from: Alien3Rules on May 24, 2017, 09:03:03 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on May 24, 2017, 08:13:31 PM
As you all of you already know, I LOVE this movie and it's up there with ALIEN. At times I even value A3 higher than ALIEN due to its symbolism, narratives and its beautifully troubled nature. It's almost like a piece of gritty poetry.

Dude are you being sarcastic? Because I LEGIT love Alien 3, and dont take kindly to folks bashing it.   >:( >:(

Believe me, he's as pro-Alien 3 as anyone on this forum. I've had enough abuse from him to know that for certain...   ;D

Alien3Rules

Believe me, he's as pro-Alien 3 as anyone on this forum. I've had enough abuse from him to know that for certain...   ;D
[/quote]

^^lol, then why don't you join us as Alien 3 fans, Rankles75?   You seem like a good little guy...so why not jump on the Alien 3 bandwagon along with me and the other Alien 3 fans on the board?

SM

Maybe he doesn't like it.

Rankles75

Quote from: Alien3Rules on May 25, 2017, 01:43:40 AM

^^lol, then why don't you join us as Alien 3 fans, Rankles75?   You seem like a good little guy...so why not jump on the Alien 3 bandwagon along with me and the other Alien 3 fans on the board?
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd rather nail my balls to the wall thanks! For me, the only films I probably feel more hatred towards are The Last Airbender (seriously, f**k M. Night for what he did to that) and Jack & Jill...  :laugh:

Laz

Daaaaaaaaamn that's a lot of hate

Alien3Rules

Rankles u seem like a good guy who is kinda intelligent, so why all the hate for a  damn good movie?  Alien 3 kicked ass, bruh  :)

Laz

You're constantly cycling back to "Alien 3 is great" while people are giving you reasons for their negative takes and then question another's intelligence? Hrmmmm...

N-Shifter

Quote from: Laz on May 25, 2017, 05:52:08 PM
You're constantly cycling back to "Alien 3 is great" while people are giving you reasons for their negative takes and then question another's intelligence? Hrmmmm...

Seems like a troll to me tbh.

Alionic

Alien 3 had a great plot. However, the script was horrendous. If you watch it, please watch the Assembly Cut. That version is at least a complete film.

The concept of a group of prisoners on a correctional facility planet who found redemption by trying to kill the Alien with little more than kitchenware and burning lead was a great premise. It was uniquely different from Alien and Aliens in this regard. I also appreciated Alien 3's relentless environment.

Alien³

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 24, 2017, 11:14:38 PM
they just hate that the family arc from Aliens was butchered without a second thought.

I'm pretty sure there was more than a second thought about the impact of killing off those characters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed