Eggs

Started by acrediblesource, May 22, 2017, 02:03:47 PM

Author
Eggs (Read 1,350 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

After watching Alien Covenant its now apparent (to which nobody really looked into) is that the variations we have seen in all films all point to a similar conclusion. That is, the eggs have all been a different variant than the one in the 1979 classic and the concepts of mutation and evolution in Covenant leads me to believe the following:

1. The environment (primordial or earth-like) in which the eggs develop results in different types of face huggers.

2. How the eggs are produced determines what type of facehugger. These can be produced from either Human, Android, engineer (small) or an engineer (large- I'm lead to believe these have biomech suit dependencies). I'll go into how in number 5.

3. In order to get the Bio mech version found in Alien 1979, one must create an egg through a large engineer and be in the confines of a primordial environment or un-earth like environment (such that the gravity may be different hence the dripping of liquid upwards).

4. We have seen in Alien 3 the absence of a REAL chestburster and much like Covenant the body of the burster is fully developed. This is not due to those HOST factors as most believe but the  actual SUPER FACE HUGGER that was obtained on LV-426.  Size of the facehugger doesn't matter, what matters is HOW that egg got made.

5. How eggs are made (this is just a theory) but I believe that
Spoiler
David experimented with a spore inside Shaws body hoping to produce answers to Davids reproduction queries. Hense, Shaws torso opened and head morphology.
If could be possible that an egg grows out of the body like a PLANT. David makes several of these but NONE from an engineer as were lead to assume ALL engineers were killed in the bombing scene.

This is the important part in getting the HR GIGER xenomorph. The egg must be birthed from the LARGEST engineer possible (the ones that were statues in Prometheus and Covenent.) and MUST be stored in Un-inhabitable HOT environments (remember the egg chamber? This blue light could have kept the eggs in incubation for a long time.) 

[close]

6. There were SPORES on LV426 Juggernaut as depicted in the matt painting HR GIGER made.

7. Although there were no dead facehuggers around in that Juggernaut on LV426 (large ones), it could be assumed that the engineer was experimented on much the same way Shaw was. THAT is why there is so much calcification on that beast much the same way
Spoiler
Shaws body had displayed with some few odd stuff around here head. this could lead to those peices becoming part of a calcification process not yet understood.
[close]

8. Xenomoprhs from Ressurection and Covenant and AVP had a more organic look to them. Possibly meaning that they would survive and thrive in more earth like conditions. The Xeno in 1979 could have survived much better in space, space stations, or in juggernauts or on more primordial earth conditions. I say this because non-earth like conditions have less gravity, less oxygen, more methane, more extremophile type conditions.

That being said, I feel I know where the story should go to in the next movies if we are to get closer to how the 1979 movie creature was made.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Hmm.  The cynical side of me says they just retconned pretty much everything to fit this new alternate narrate.

The generous side of me has to agree with you that what grew out of Shaw's head fit - to a degree - aesthetically with everything else we've seen and hopes they thought through everything.

Highland

Highland

Why would an Engineer produce a Bio mech though? It's just a large human being by all accounts and that Alien burst out of Kane.

Answer - Bio Mech stuff is a product of the time Alien was made and won't even be addressed in the last movie because Scott doesn't even realise it's a big deal.

Sad, but true.

Gash

Gash

At this stage I'm assuming the biomech is introduced by some splicing with android.

Of course Scott is aware of the importance of Giger's biomechanical art, he's an artist himself, who went out of his way to get Fox to bring Giger into it because of the disturbing strangeness of the Necronomicon design. He could have chosen less biomechanoid stuff from Giger's oeuvre if he'd wanted.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Gash on May 22, 2017, 03:18:58 PM
At this stage I'm assuming the biomech is introduced by some splicing with android.

Of course Scott is aware of the importance of Giger's biomechanical art, he's an artist himself, who went out of his way to get Fox to bring Giger into it because of the disturbing strangeness of the Necronomicon design. He could have chosen less biomechanoid stuff from Giger's oeuvre if he'd wanted.

So the perfect organism becomes....more perfect? I'm as excited to see as anyone how he writes himself out of this shit storm. 

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Highland on May 22, 2017, 03:30:00 PM

So the perfect organism becomes....more perfect?

No artist is ever satisfied with their own work.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Some of you guys are overthinking this stuff way too much. You're tying yourself into knots, trying to justify and explain every perceived change and difference, imagining all sorts of scenarios that explain everything away.

What you need to do is accept the cold hard truth: There is no master plan, no way in which all of this adds up.

Fans of the franchise - the ones that will obsess over every minute detail - represent a minuscule percentage of each film's overall audience.

Do you honestly think Scott, the screen writers or Fox actually care about satisfying you? Of course they don't. They are not interested in what's canon or how one scene today might contradict something shot years or even decades ago.

Worse still, they don't seem to have set the quality standard all that high. Prometheus and now Covenant are both poor films in general, never mind when judged against the high standards of Alien and Aliens.

There ain't no happy ending.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I new this thread would attract nay-sayers but lets just get one thing straight.  The beauty in these films is that very little needs to be explained to get across an idea. The idea is all thats needed, not a full blown black and white, written in bold text answer.

Richman678

Richman678

The eggs are different, because a different director always changes something.

As for the eggs. I believe David is just trying to re-create what he read about. He wants to be a creator just like his creator Peter Weyland. I just dont know why the movies cant our right say that...and we have to have all this mystery in the plot like its a long season of TV or something.

episodenone

episodenone

Quote from: Rudiger on May 22, 2017, 04:05:46 PM
Some of you guys are overthinking this stuff way too much. You're tying yourself into knots, trying to justify and explain every perceived change and difference, imagining all sorts of scenarios that explain everything away.

What you need to do is accept the cold hard truth: There is no master plan, no way in which all of this adds up.

Fans of the franchise - the ones that will obsess over every minute detail - represent a minuscule percentage of each film's overall audience.

Do you honestly think Scott, the screen writers or Fox actually care about satisfying you? Of course they don't. They are not interested in what's canon or how one scene today might contradict something shot years or even decades ago.

Worse still, they don't seem to have set the quality standard all that high. Prometheus and now Covenant are both poor films in general, never mind when judged against the high standards of Alien and Aliens.

There ain't no happy ending.

Quoted that which is what I have chosen to use as a lens in which to see this saga.

Lined through the parts I disagree with.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Nah, the space jockey is Davids master creation and it turns on him and steals his babies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed