[SPOILERS] The bombing

Started by dikiz, May 19, 2017, 05:34:34 PM

Author
[SPOILERS] The bombing (Read 4,896 times)

dikiz

dikiz

I read somewhere else that the people bombed were the engineers.  ??? ???
Were they? They looked slightly different and shorter to me

banecat

banecat

looked like a quite primal version of the engineers,
we shouldn't assume the ones in prometheus were the only ones

dikiz

dikiz

Again! According to this guy, the people bombed were the engineers
https://youtu.be/FmGyhNH5ySk?t=2m11s

I'm confused... that would mean we would never know why they wanted to kill us.
Other opinions?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Thought they looked considerably different to the one in Prometheus, certainly looked shorter...

Alien³

Alien³

That is assuming all Engineers are the same size :D

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Alien³ on May 19, 2017, 07:01:16 PM

Well, the one in the chair in Alien certainly wasn't the same size...

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: banecat on May 19, 2017, 05:36:47 PM
looked like a quite primal version of the engineers,
we shouldn't assume the ones in prometheus were the only ones

I think it's the other way around. The one on lv 223 was 2000 years older.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Alien³ on May 19, 2017, 07:01:16 PM

Exactly.

People who say that "they're not Engineers because they're shorter" have clearly never heard of the Pygmy peoples who are the same species as humans but much shorter.

Also gravity has an effect on size, so a space faring species like the Engineers would have big diversity in size. Humans growing up on Mars would be much taller than Earth humans due to Mars' weaker gravity. That won't make them a different species.  :laugh:

Where do people keep getting this "they're shorter" stuff from anyway? I haven't seen a human in that Engineer crowd to compare the size to.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

They were obviously meant to be engineers, but weren't wearing the bio suits and the prosthetics/makeup wasn't as detailed.

dookie

dookie

I certainly hope they weren't the only remaining engineers in the universe.

The way they waved and beckoned the juggernaut upon arrival leads me to believe they are some kind of subspecies, but that is entirely conjecture.

Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim

They did look like engineers.  They waved to the ship like it was the 17th century and it was a ship returning from the new world.  maybe there was some kind of religious significance?

dikiz

dikiz

I have compared the images and I'm quite sure the race bombed in Covenant is not quite the same as the Prometheus' engineers.

Now the engineers of Prometheuse in addition of being taller, more muscular have a whiter skin, almost transparent

They have bigger eyes, translucent, fish-like ; not like the people bombed which are clearly human-like

They all have greek noses ; not the people bombed

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: dikiz on May 19, 2017, 08:51:53 PM
in addition of being taller

Proof please? I keep asking why but no one gives me an answer to why these guys are shorter.

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: dookie on May 19, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

The way they waved and beckoned the juggernaut upon arrival leads me to believe they are some kind of subspecies, but that is entirely conjecture.

They are thrilled to see a ship carrying a crew they expected back 2000 years ago. They're happy.

C91_SJ

C91_SJ

Quote from: Robopadna on May 19, 2017, 09:59:48 PM
Quote from: dookie on May 19, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

They are thrilled to see a ship carrying a crew they expected back 2000 years ago. They're happy.

What if they're just what we have been hundreds of years ago and they're happy to see their "creators" coming back to visit them? Remember the Engineers visited us back in the days, as seen in Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed