A piece of observation on David between Prometheus and Covenant

Started by Salt The Fries, May 13, 2017, 06:07:57 PM

Author
A piece of observation on David between Prometheus and Covenant (Read 1,112 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

So, David in his
Spoiler
obsessive carrying out acts of animosity on humans he so much grew to despise, became like the Engineers in Prometheus  who also wanted to eradicate human species
[close]

so that still begs the question
Spoiler
which Shaw wanted to ask in Prometheus - why did they want to exterminate the human race
[close]
?

Do you think this question will ever be addressed in any sequels?

Evanus

Nah, they probably won't answer that. Seems like they're leaving Prometheus behind, and I doubt they ever want to look back.

dry_heat

dry_heat

Quote from: Salt The Fries on May 13, 2017, 06:07:57 PM
So, David in his
Spoiler
obsessive carrying out acts of animosity on humans he so much grew to despise became like the Engineers in Prometheus, who also wanted to eradicate human species
[close]

Spoiler
which Shaw wanted to ask in Prometheus - why did they want to exterminate the human race
[close]
?

My theory is...

Spoiler
Because the human race had the potential to create monsters like David who went on to exterminate Engineers...an event which played out
[close]

Quote from: Evanus on May 13, 2017, 06:09:59 PM
Nah, they probably won't answer that. Seems like they're leaving Prometheus behind, and I doubt they ever want to look back.

Not true.

Spoiler
if they wanted to leave Prometheus behind, we would have not seen images of Shaw and Holloway. AC is a sequal to Prometheus and David is the still the star of the show.
[close]

Salt The Fries

Quote from: dry_heat on May 13, 2017, 06:11:20 PM
So, David in his
Spoiler
obsessive carrying out acts of animosity on humans he so much grew to despise became like the Engineers in Prometheus, who also wanted to eradicate human species
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
?

My theory is...

Spoiler
Because the human race had the potential to create monsters like David who went on to exterminate Engineers...an event which played out
[close]
A very interesting angle to look at it from! It makes a lot of sense (I wanted to say "total" but I wouldn't want to look like a fool once Ridley changes his mind :D).

That Yellow Alien

I don't think they have to answer because the answer is kind of obvious...

We suck.

dry_heat

Quote from: Salt The Fries on May 13, 2017, 06:15:04 PM
Quote from: dry_heat on May 13, 2017, 06:11:20 PM
So, David in his
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
?

My theory is...

Spoiler
[close]
A very interesting angle to look at it from! It makes a lot of sense (I wanted to say "total" but I wouldn't want to look like a fool once Ridley changes his mind :D).

Ridley Scott leaves so much to the imagination which is why I think his stuff is so polarising between those who want things served on a plate and those who want to fill the gaps themselves.

AsapJockey

If David knows About Donald Trump, then yes we deserve it.

dry_heat

Quote from: AsapJockey on May 13, 2017, 06:21:32 PM
If David knows About Donald Trump, then yes we deserve it.

*groan*

Denton Smalls

Judging by the behavior of David toward Shaw in the prologue clip and the apparent nature of his character and relationship to Shaw as depicted in A:C, something extremely drastic had to occur that we still don't know about yet.

I hope it is something juicy that is focused on primarily in ADF's prequel novel...because you can't show something to audiences, and then do a 180 and show them something completely opposite without some exposition about the events that transpired in the gap that caused the change. Unless you're Damon Lindelof, that is, and his career seems to be doing so well for it (sarcasm mixed with contempt).

cucuchu

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 13, 2017, 06:37:14 PM
Judging by the behavior of David toward Shaw in the prologue clip and the apparent nature of his character and relationship to Shaw as depicted in A:C, something extremely drastic had to occur that we still don't know about yet.

I hope it is something juicy that is focused on primarily in ADF's prequel novel...because you can't show something to audiences, and then do a 180 and show them something completely opposite without some exposition about the events that transpired in the gap that caused the change. Unless you're Damon Lindelof, that is, and his career seems to be doing so well for it (sarcasm mixed with contempt).

I would not be surprised if the prologue sequence of Awakening is David's analysis of the engineers and whatever caused him to want to wipe out all engineers/humans/shaw's fate. Unless its implied that he had those motivations during the beginning of their voyage to paradise.

Ultramorph

As far as
Spoiler
why David kills the Engineers, the way he says "I learned of their ways" in the prologue seems to me indicate that he learned they're basically space a-holes who are no better, or possibly even worse, than humans. I don't necessarily see the need for a big inciting incident to justify his attitude. He was already mustache-twirly enough in Prometheus with his "doesn't everyone want their parent dead?" schtick.
[close]

klesk4ever

The next movie "Alien Awakening" is set between Prometheus and Covenant.

Since simply flying to Paradise, drooping a bunch of black-goo and making some experiments is not enough to cover a length of one whole movie.

I would say hell yeah. Those questions will be addressed in the next movie, and things are not as simple as they may seem.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: klesk4ever on May 13, 2017, 08:39:42 PM

The next movie "Alien Awakening" is set between Prometheus and Covenant.

Since simply flying to Paradise, drooping a bunch of black-goo and making some experiments is not enough to cover a length of one whole movie.

I would say hell yeah. Those questions will be addressed in the next movie, and things are not as simple as they may seem.
Again, Awakening is not set between Prometheus and Covenant.

oduodu

"Hal9000"

David is set free from his programming. Weyland programmed David to listen only to him. Scotts said once his head comes back on he is really dangerous . The first time we see him with his back on without Weyland around will be in covenant. Who knows what exactly his programming is.

dry_heat

Quote from: oduodu on May 13, 2017, 08:52:48 PM
"Hal9000"

Funny you say that because

Spoiler
I thought the space walk scene was a hat tip to 2001 Space Odyssey with regards to the sound of breathing and the colour of the space suits
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed