[SPOILERS] The gore. The glorious gore.

Started by bacchus, May 11, 2017, 10:41:01 PM

Author
[SPOILERS] The gore. The glorious gore. (Read 479 times)

bacchus

One thing Covenant got right was, the gore. I have no idea how they managed to get away with a '15' rating for this here in the UK.

It was gloriously graphic. The
Spoiler
whole backburster scene was incredible, and so explicit, I don't think I've ever seen so much blood in an Alien movie before.
[close]

Anyone else really impressed with how hardcore the gore was? It's rare we see a mainstream, wide release film that really goes balls out for blood and guts. Think the guys involved in the practical SFX/blood/effects really earnt their paycheck.

USS-Sulaco

Quote from: bacchus on May 11, 2017, 10:41:01 PM
One thing Covenant got right was, the gore. I have no idea how they managed to get away with a '15' rating for this here in the UK.

It was gloriously graphic. The
Spoiler
whole backburster scene was incredible, and so explicit, I don't think I've ever seen so much blood in an Alien movie before.
[close]

Anyone else really impressed with how hardcore the gore was? It's rare we see a mainstream, wide release film that really goes balls out for blood and guts. Think the guys involved in the practical SFX/blood/effects really earnt their paycheck.

Spoiler
How about rosenthal's head rotating in the pool? Very impactful  without being too overtly bloody (except for the frickin shot of the neo eating the body)

Or the impact of the quick shot of the dismembered bodies in the shower.
[close]
I feel like this level of brutality is really what Ridley wanted for the original Parker and Dallas aftermath when Ripley comes down and sees the bodies.

Very convincing brutality in this movie that lingers with you afterwards. Having said that it didn't really feel over the top for me

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed