Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 124,498 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: bacchus on May 12, 2017, 02:01:39 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2017, 05:37:38 PM
Yeah, that's a fair shout.

I don't think you even find out Lope and Hallett are a couple in the film until after Hallett is dead, whereas they're clearly together in the crew intro prequel.

Spoiler
:D So true. The first time you realise is when Lope was being over-comfortable and emotional towards Hallett's corpse. They really should have included the prologue segment in the movie.
[close]

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in that too. It's so blink and you'll miss it.

Stargazer

Stargazer

Yeah thats something which irked me slightly coming out from seeing this. There are probably some great scenes kept out of the theatrical cut of the film. I quite like the last supper scene and liked the Crossing scene.

They really should do an extended cut.

Corporal Hicks

A lot of the virals were shot specifically for marketing. The only thing I know that was shot for the film but used in promotion was that Crossing prologue.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

The Sun review calls Daniels Watson... And refers to Katherine Waterston as Katherine Watson. The guy who wrote that was paid to do so. The absolute cretin.

That's by no means me sticking up for the film but more so pissing over The Sun. They're not very popular over here in the UK.

Citadel

Citadel

echobbase79

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SuicideDoors on May 12, 2017, 02:30:09 PMThe Sun review calls Daniels Watson... And refers to Katherine Waterston as Katherine Watson. The guy who wrote that was paid to do so. The absolute cretin.

The Sun should stick to page 3 girls :laugh:

Seriously though, it's not somewhere to get serious news lol.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I didn't know The Sun was such a poor source.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 12, 2017, 06:36:42 PM

Negative review from the Evening Express:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/lifestyle/entertainment/film/review-alien-covenant-15/

Characters making poor choices and too much familiarity seems to be the primary complaint here. I wonder though, for a sci-fi horror action movie, is it a bit of a low hanging fruit to pick to be critical of characters making poor judgement calls? Pretty sure that is essential for story advancement.

"Daniels: Its too good to be true."
"Oram: Yeah, f**k it. Go back to sleep guys. See you in 8 years."
Roll credits

Cause that would be it.

Cereal Killer

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: cucuchu on May 12, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 12, 2017, 06:36:42 PM

Negative review from the Evening Express:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/lifestyle/entertainment/film/review-alien-covenant-15/

Characters making poor choices and too much familiarity seems to be the primary complaint here. I wonder though, for a sci-fi horror action movie, is it a bit of a low hanging fruit to pick to be critical of characters making poor judgement calls? Pretty sure that is essential for story advancement.

"Daniels: Its too good to be true."
"Oram: Yeah, f**k it. Go back to sleep guys. See you in 8 years."
Roll credits

Cause that would be it.

Ha Ha Ha
i can see that on How It Should Have Ended.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2017, 08:17:03 AM
A lot of the virals were shot specifically for marketing. The only thing I know that was shot for the film but used in promotion was that Crossing prologue.

Is it 100% Luke Scott didn't shoot that too? And do we know if Noomi originally shot anything beyond that?

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 13, 2017, 01:42:12 AM

Is it 100% Luke Scott didn't shoot that too? And do we know if Noomi originally shot anything beyond that?
Sounds like Covenant, like Prometheus, was butchered in the editing room.  These movies are so desperately in need to extended versions it isn't even funny. C'mon, Fox.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Protozoid on May 13, 2017, 02:00:26 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 13, 2017, 01:42:12 AM

Sounds like Covenant, like Prometheus, was butchered in the editing room.  These movies are so desperately in need to extended versions it isn't even funny. C'mon, Fox.

I hope Scott does an extended cut for Covenant like he did with The Martian, a film that didn't need it in the first place. Would be great if someone did a petition to him or Fox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed