Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers* (Read 58,854 times)

rabidranger

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that Daniels is a terraforming expert. I'm sure that will factor in an important way.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 10, 2017, 01:10:33 AM
Terraforming Bay...Ok, wild theory. The Juggernaut in this movie is indeed the same one from the first film. The engineer's ability to Terraform was mentioned in a script for Prometheus. That's how shaw hooked weyland on the expedition. That incidents throughout history (the great flood) were the result of Engineer Terraforming. So Daniels (maybe knowing little about the alien's ability to withstand harsh environments) uses the technology to destroy the planet (or at least make it as unstable/hostile as possible) in an attempt to destroy all traces of david and his creations, and prevent any future human interest. Paradise then becomes Hell.

In the pray trailer, it appears the covenant is heading down towards the planet surface. That coupled with the earlier pics of daniels and a male companion seen on the surface standing back to back holding weapons, has me thinking they've escaped back up to the covenant, survived the on-board mayhem, then set down near the end of the movie, with Daniels planning to use either engineer technology, or overload some kind of terraforming tech on the covenant to destroy everything. As for the body in the original derelict, Maybe David planned to blast earth, but shaw's hologram show's how to over-ride the system to fire right there on paradise, but she disappeared or was killed mid-attempt. An infected Daniels enters the seat an initiates the sequence, before succumbing to the final and perfect form of David's Alien, i.e. the Chestburster.

The derelict then sits on the wind swept hill, paradise destroyed, the hole in the floor, the Alien queen laying her eggs. Waiting for something to come along. Who knows, maybe David survived long enough to activate the beacon. Maybe he found a way to get his creation to earth anyway.

The ships (Juggernaut) that appear in Prometheus and Alien Covenant are not the same as the Derelict from Alien. There are many differences between both designs. For example the Derelict doesn't have hypersleep chambers in the bridge, the ship's interiors are biomechanical, there is an absence of Engineers flight suits on the corridors, there is no command console (like the one that Shaw is operating on the TV spot) in the bridge of the Derelict and the shape of both spacecraft, although similar, is different:

Not to mention the differences between the flight suits:

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Apr 10, 2017, 02:50:31 AM
Terraforming Bay...Ok, wild theory. The Juggernaut in this movie is indeed the same one from the first film. The engineer's ability to Terraform was mentioned in a script for Prometheus. That's how shaw hooked weyland on the expedition. That incidents throughout history (the great flood) were the result of Engineer Terraforming. So Daniels (maybe knowing little about the alien's ability to withstand harsh environments) uses the technology to destroy the planet (or at least make it as unstable/hostile as possible) in an attempt to destroy all traces of david and his creations, and prevent any future human interest. Paradise then becomes Hell.

In the pray trailer, it appears the covenant is heading down towards the planet surface. That coupled with the earlier pics of daniels and a male companion seen on the surface standing back to back holding weapons, has me thinking they've escaped back up to the covenant, survived the on-board mayhem, then set down near the end of the movie, with Daniels planning to use either engineer technology, or overload some kind of terraforming tech on the covenant to destroy everything. As for the body in the original derelict, Maybe David planned to blast earth, but shaw's hologram show's how to over-ride the system to fire right there on paradise, but she disappeared or was killed mid-attempt. An infected Daniels enters the seat an initiates the sequence, before succumbing to the final and perfect form of David's Alien, i.e. the Chestburster.

The derelict then sits on the wind swept hill, paradise destroyed, the hole in the floor, the Alien queen laying her eggs. Waiting for something to come along. Who knows, maybe David survived long enough to activate the beacon. Maybe he found a way to get his creation to earth anyway.

The ships (Juggernaut) that appear in Prometheus and Alien Covenant are not the same as the Derelict from Alien. There are many differences between both designs. For example the Derelict doesn't have hypersleep chambers in the bridge, the ship's interiors are biomechanical, there is an absence of Engineers flight suits on the corridors, there is no command console (like the one that Shaw is operating on the TV spot) in the bridge of the Derelict and the shape of both spacecraft, although similar, is different:

That can all be explained away by Ridley Scotts intentions. At this point there is no way to definitively prove they're not (or are) the same ship. Have to wait for the films to come out.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 10, 2017, 03:11:06 AM

That can all be explained away by Ridley Scotts intentions. At this point there is no way to definitively prove they're not (or are) the same ship. Have to wait for the films to come out.

Yep, only time will tell. If we are luckily enough, there will be some clues about that lone Engineer from LV-426 in the sequels of Covenant.

Necronomicon II

I'm promising my myself to go in clean from here on out but some descriptions of the brief snippet would be ok.

SiL

It sounds like someone with a plastic recorder awkwardly playing some notes they remember from the Alien theme over a live orchestra of ambient strings.

Stolen

Reminds me a bit of The Martian theme with retro vibes. I like it
It's just a snippet of ten seconds but its promising for me

Corporal Hicks

Ingwar

lv_226

Oh, this sounds very dark...... but, also keeping in line with what one would expect from Alien. It reminds me of some of the cues from Alien, but played with different t instruments.

426Buddy

I'm hoping the whole soundtrack is as atmospheric and foreboding as this.

rabidranger

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 10, 2017, 03:11:06 AM

I agree. Frankly the differences are relatively minor. If Scott wants to connect the dots he will.

Stolen

Track 10 lasts 7min25.
Epic.
Backbuster sequence in my opinion. Certainly a huge scene of the movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed