Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers* (Read 55,370 times)

Parker

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 06, 2017, 01:33:00 PM
I have a sinking feeling we are going to get yet another accelerated alien life cycle depicted here.

No doubt

hfeldhaus

Incubation may be the creation/waking up of David. I dont think they'd start off with a bang.

Good to see Cudrup lasts a good while in the film.

Evanus

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 06, 2017, 04:49:42 PM
Incubation may be the creation/waking up of David. I dont think they'd start off with a bang.

Good to see Cudrup lasts a good while in the film.
Yeah, and I think track 4. A cabin on the lake has something to do with Daniels and Branson, certainly not David's or Shaw's hideout.

Some of those possible meanings sound like the crap Scified would come up with.  :D

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm, very excited to hear the soundtrack.

whiterabbit

Daniels is the terraforming expert. So Bring it to my Turf, followed by Terraforming Bay sounds like the old lure it near the airlock and blow it out the ship. Also Payload Deployment must be David destroying the engineers.

Incubation is likely David's awaking.

Ingwar

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 06, 2017, 07:32:36 PM
Daniels is the terraforming expert. So Bring it to my Turf, followed by Terraforming Bay sounds like the old lure it near the airlock and blow it out the ship. Also Payload Deployment must be David destroying the engineers.

Yeah. Incubation might be the scene with
Spoiler
David and Peter
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM
http://soundtrack-movie.com/alien-covenant/

1. Incubation
2. The Covenant
3. Neutrino Burst
4. A Cabin On The Lake
5. Sails
6. Planet 4 / Main Theme
7. Launcher Landing
8. Wheat Field
9. Spores
10. The Med Bay
11. Grass Attack
12. Dead Civilization
13. Survivors
14. Payload Deployment
15. Command Override
16. Face Hugger
17. Chest Burster
18. Lonely Perfection
19. Cargo Lift
20. Bring It To My Turf
21. Terraforming Bay
22. Alien Covenant Theme   

I guess we can also add "Take Me Home, Country Roads" to the soundtrack (as licensed music) now.

John Denver is now officially part of the Alien cannon.  :)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 06, 2017, 07:43:33 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 06, 2017, 07:32:36 PM

Yeah. Incubation might be the scene with
Spoiler
David and Peter
[close]
No doubt. I can't wait to hear that conversation.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 06, 2017, 09:09:51 PM
I guess we can also add "Take Me Home, Country Roads" to the soundtrack (as licensed music) now.

So is popeye the sailor man. I mean the engineers on the juggernaut used that tune as their passphrase. This is leading ever more credence that Elvis was in fact an Engineer.

On the topic of the soundtrack, the alien bits
Spoiler
seem to be rather compacted. The neomorphs have what appears to be 2 tracks and then the last four are dedicated to protomorph.

Also, cabin on the lake, I wonder if this is where we first get to see David. You know, living like a real boy. Of course it's meant to fool us into thinking that David is a nice robot before going all robot apocalypse on the crew.
[close]

aliennaire

The track list resembles a plan to relate the A:C synopsis, really ;)

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 06, 2017, 09:51:21 PM
On the topic of the soundtrack, the alien bits
Spoiler
seem to be rather compacted. The neomorphs have what appears to be 2 tracks and then the last four are dedicated to protomorph.

Also, cabin on the lake, I wonder if this is where we first get to see David. You know, living like a real boy. Of course it's meant to fool us into thinking that David is a nice robot before going all robot apocalypse on the crew.
[close]

After getting reminded about David
Spoiler
in the very first sequence - granted that Incubation bit is for David and Weyland scene - we will probably not meet him again until after the Grass Attack episode. Seeing that Cabin on the Lake part follows the possible captain's death and is preceded by arrival to the Planet 4, it has to do something with getting Shaw's transmission (Daniels remembering that same Take me home song played on a red vinyl?). And Sails track is probably for re-routing the Covenant, like adjusting the course if they were sailing in the sea. End of rant :-)
[close]

The third act of the movie lends a promise for some non-stop action, hopefully, it will keep the folks in theatres on the edge of their seats!

Anthony

Anthony

Guesses on what the tracks are for:

Spoiler
1. Incubation: The scene with David and Weyland

2. The Covenant: Our first shots of the ship and the crew while they're still in cryosleep.

3. Neutrino Burst: Death of Branson

4. A Cabin On The Lake: Aftermath of Branson's death

5. Sails: The discovery of the signal from Shaw

6. Planet 4 / Main Theme: Covenant enters atmosphere of the planet and shuttle launches down.

7. Launcher Landing: Obviously shuttle landing.

8. Wheat Field: Them discovering the wheat. Again, obviously.

9. Spores: Rigby and whoever gets the spore through the nose.

10. The Med Bay: Back Burster scene.

11. Grass Attack: Group gets attacked by Neomorphs before being saved by David.

12. Dead Civilization: They find the remains of the Engineer city.

13. Survivors: Scenes with David and his explanation on how he got here and what happened to Shaw.

14. Payload Deployment: The flashback scene of David annihilating the Engineer city.

15. Command Override: Tennessee goes down to save the remaining members on the planet.

16. Face Hugger: Pretty obvious what this is.

17. Chest Burster: Same with this one.

18. Lonely Perfection: Something with Walter perhaps?

19. Cargo Lift
20. Bring It To My Turf: These two are probably with the final battle on the Covenant.

21. Terraforming Bay: End scene.

22. Alien Covenant Theme: Credits theme.
[close]

Bad Replicant

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 06, 2017, 09:09:51 PM

Finally.

Ulfer

I don't know the composer and I wonder in what direction that soundtrack will go. Any information about this ?
In Prometheus Gregson-Williams compositions were quite classical and effective. Streitenfeld had a good general inspiration and there are well factured moments (a good progression in the storm scene, for example) and atmospheres, but eventually it followed the materials of an uneven movie according to my expectations.

salomonj

I loved the music in the prologue so hopefully that'll be in there. Perhaps the one that played in the PL is either the theme or the track entitled "The Covenant"?

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Ulfer on Apr 07, 2017, 12:39:09 AM
I don't know the composer and I wonder in what direction that soundtrack will go. Any information about this ?
In Prometheus Gregson-Williams compositions were quite classical and effective. Streitenfeld had a good general inspiration and there are well factured moments (a good progression in the storm scene, for example) and atmospheres, but eventually it followed the materials of an uneven movie according to my expectations.

Jed Kurzel is best known for scoring The Babadook, Macbeth, and Assassin's Creed. I'm sure those scores are on youtube.

GrimmVision

2. "The Covenant" is probably David being turned on for the first time and is talking with Weyland. "An agreement between God and his people." Weyland gives David his directives in this scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed