New Alien Covenant Poster!

Started by SuicideDoors, Mar 23, 2017, 01:01:44 PM

Author
New Alien Covenant Poster! (Read 57,553 times)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Mar 23, 2017, 02:53:22 PM

Pure speculation on my part - anyone else think this could be like a mural in an Engineer temple or something? Like an historic event? So not just artwork for marketing purposes?

There will be grand murals in Covenant!

Evanus

Evanus

Holy shit I only just saw this AND I CAN'T BREATHE.

The posters keep getting better!

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 23, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

Pure speculation on my part - anyone else think this could be like a mural in an Engineer temple or something? Like an historic event? So not just artwork for marketing purposes?

Yeah I'm really thinking this might be lining an Engineer temple wall!

Would make for an eerie scene!

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Beautiful and majestic.

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Mar 23, 2017, 03:09:45 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Mar 23, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

Yeah I'm really thinking this might be lining an Engineer temple wall!

Would make for an eerie scene!

Would also disprove the "david created the xenos" theory.
He's just recreating.

Enoch

Enoch

We know there will be a great mural in Elder Shrine (as I call it). We ll also see various
different statues outside and inside the shrine. That part of the movie will most probably
build that famous mysterious atmosphere and the sense of wonder like that in Prometheus.
And beneath the citadel, a workshop from hell... Mixture of Frankenstein, Island of Doctor Moreau and
Miltons Paradise Lost..

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Mar 23, 2017, 03:12:32 PM
Would also disprove the "david created the xenos" theory.
He's just recreating.

That is already disproved!
100% I dont know why people think its David...
He ll probably be the one to show us the true origin of that ancient beast or dark angel as
they called it! David is some kind of narrator of the story, like Virgil in Dantes Inferno or Milton in
Paradise Lost... but not the passive subject of the narrative but also an integral part of it.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

There looks to be a female body in the lower right portion of the poster. It also doesn't look it it is being attacked so much as in travail (childbirth..?)

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

In the top there seens to be a format that is similiar to a Queen's head

Evanus

Evanus

Could this be in the movie? I hope so. It would mean that David didn't create the Xenomorph.

salomonj

salomonj

holy f**k f**k f**k  ;D this poster is gorgeous

fiveways

fiveways

I love this.

BUT

It reminds me of VHS cover art. It looks f**king great, and we will see absolutely none of it in the movie.  It's like the cover of the classic R.O.T.O.R.cover vs the film R.O.T.O.R. itself.

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 23, 2017, 03:37:47 PM
Could this be in the movie? I hope so. It would mean that David didn't create the Xenomorph.

Spoiler
I still don't think david straight up creates it, but he refines it.  The biomechanical parts will come from his tampering
[close]

Enoch

Enoch

SIR PETER PAUL RUBENS
The Fall of the Rebel Angels, 1621

Rubens engraving is pretty much similar to the works of Gustave Doré.
His Paradise Lost series obviously influenced this poster in many ways.

Engineers are then the Rebel Angels in our version of the story ???
What are the Xenos then??

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 23, 2017, 03:55:51 PM
I love this.

BUT

It reminds me of VHS cover art. It looks f**king great, and we will see absolutely none of it in the movie.  It's like the cover of the classic R.O.T.O.R.cover vs the film R.O.T.O.R. itself.

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 23, 2017, 03:37:47 PM

Spoiler
I still don't think david straight up creates it, but he refines it.  The biomechanical parts will come from his tampering
[close]
I suppose you're right. It's better than David creating it from scratch, but I still don't really like it.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Very nice.

Enoch

Enoch

I think this is a set piece! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed