The Ultimate Purpose of the Xenomorph

Started by Alien Runner, Mar 21, 2017, 09:29:15 AM

Author
The Ultimate Purpose of the Xenomorph (Read 3,475 times)

SM

SM

srsly

Hemi

Hemi

Crazy town SM, we're living in it... 😕

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alien Runner on Mar 31, 2017, 10:43:22 AM
NIce threat

And threat followed through on. Take a week to think about why you were actually warned and see if you can come back understanding why that wasn't acceptable. If you can't, don't come back. Please use your sabbatical wisely.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Alien Runner on Mar 31, 2017, 10:43:22 AM
NIce threat and y'all keep laughing but that IS the purpose of the xenomorphs. To terraform other planets. They dislike natural environments. Xenomorphs are not organic really. They're synthetic/organic.

Humans dislike natural environments.  That's why we build houses.  Does that mean we're not organic?

The Cruentus

Xenomorphs are bio-weapons or at least that what is heavily suggested if not outright believed but I don't think they are used for terraforming, at least not directly. I think they are a mop up weapon, used to clean planets maybe.

People seem to think that Xenos are the latest and most perfect bio-weapon, I disagree, I think the black goo is the latest. Namely because it actually does terraform while also dealing with the local population and has more applications though it is clearly unstable, in the latest comic book like life and death, it is still the weapon of choice used by the Engineers.

I doubt that Covenant and it sequels are about the creation of Xenos because other than the fact the chestbursted SJ in Alien was dead for centuries before the events of Prometheus and thus predates David's experiments, the actual creature in it looks like a bland version of the Xeno.

Some think it is a proto-xenomorph, I personally think it is the opposite, a reverse-engineered/replicated version of something that already exists.

Laz

Laz

Humility. It exists to remind us, as a species, that the universe does not care about us above all other organisms.

marrerom

Well, I mean practically speaking the ultimate purpose of the Alien is to destroy all non-botanical life. That's what the Xenovirus does and the Alien is really just an extension of that. As far as philosophical motivations go I would argue that David made the them to be the ultimate life form. Something "perfect" and worthy of his respect. He seems to have a real superiority complex and even Walter ended up disappointing him. 

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Alien Runner on Mar 21, 2017, 09:29:15 AM
From Fire and Stone, we know Deacon's fate. It turned into a living Mountain which leads me to believe that the Xenomorph Mural in Prometheus is in fact, an actual xenomorph. An Ancient one which transformed into a living Temple. This leads me to believe that the Xenomorph's ultimate purpose is to terraform other planets for the Engineers. David tempers with the Xenomorph's lifecycle and the result is the Modern Xenomorphs terraform planets for themselves instead of terraforming for others to procreate and spread like wildfire.

No offense, but this theory's kinda..... lame. Totally makes a mockery of a perfect organism. A simple tool to be used? THAT'S the big origin story?
Boo!

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on May 24, 2017, 07:35:26 PM
From Fire and Stone, we know Deacon's fate. It turned into a living Mountain which leads me to believe that the Xenomorph Mural in Prometheus is in fact, an actual xenomorph. An Ancient one which transformed into a living Temple. This leads me to believe that the Xenomorph's ultimate purpose is to terraform other planets for the Engineers. David tempers with the Xenomorph's lifecycle and the result is the Modern Xenomorphs terraform planets for themselves instead of terraforming for others to procreate and spread like wildfire.

No offense, but this theory's kinda..... lame. Totally makes a mockery of a perfect organism. A simple tool to be used? THAT'S the big origin story?
Boo!

TBF, unless you never saw the old comics, this is what they always had done, for eons, the question is... Are they being used or are they using the user?   In the stories that have the alien as the character, and they are rare, I would have to say it's the later.   These things are more Lovecraftien than Sci-fi.   

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on May 24, 2017, 07:44:26 PM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on May 24, 2017, 07:35:26 PM

Boo!

TBF, unless you never saw the old comics, this is what they always had done, for eons, the question is... Are they being used or are they using the user?   In the stories that have the alien as the character, and they are rare, I would have to say it's the later.   These things are more Lovecraftien than Sci-fi.   

Exactly which is why his theory makes no sense.

Laz

Laz

Quote from: marrerom on May 24, 2017, 06:09:46 PM
Well, I mean practically speaking the ultimate purpose of the Alien is to destroy all non-botanical life. That's what the Xenovirus does and the Alien is really just an extension of that. As far as philosophical motivations go I would argue that David made the them to be the ultimate life form. Something "perfect" and worthy of his respect. He seems to have a real superiority complex and even Walter ended up disappointing him. 
As Ash says while being questioned post-decapitation, the admiration of the Xeno comes from its perceived "purity." Considering those around David have had ulterior motives, perhaps the creation of the Xenomorph, by luck or by design, comes from an attempt to create a lifeform that has no regard for deception?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Ultimate purpose? Who said that it has a purpose?

mokole

I always thought the Alien was to be the ultimate survival organism. It can live anywhere. Underwater. Land. Space. Its also aggressive to keep itself and its kind alive and proliferating...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed