Would you Prefer David 8 To Be A Hero Or Villain?

Started by Xenomorphine, Mar 03, 2017, 07:35:23 PM

Author
Would you Prefer David 8 To Be A Hero Or Villain? (Read 3,824 times)

Scorpio

It does make more sense for Shaw to be the villain.  Shaw wanted to visit the planet of the Engineers, not David.  Maybe Shaw wants revenge? 

Samhain13

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 03, 2017, 11:20:38 PM
It does make more sense for Shaw to be the villain.  Shaw wanted to visit the planet of the Engineers, not David.  Maybe Shaw wants revenge?

I think David was interested in getting there too, he offered to help her get there for his own goals.
Shaw wanted answers, she doesn't seem like the person that would attack them without attempting to talk with them first.

Now David, he seems to have gone full "unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality". No idea of what is his goal with all of this. I would assume he would be interested in talking with the engineers but I guess not.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

The idea of David becoming self aware and conucting "experiments" with the goo is very cool to me. Doesnt make him evil, just curious as to what would happen, essentially he'd be teaching himself

Samhain13

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Mar 03, 2017, 11:39:22 PM
The idea of David becoming self aware and conucting "experiments" with the goo is very cool to me. Doesnt make him evil, just curious as to what would happen, essentially he'd be teaching himself

If he ends up killing loads of people with his experiments its evil from the human point of view, even if David is just doing it out of curiosity.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 03, 2017, 11:42:26 PM
Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Mar 03, 2017, 11:39:22 PM

If he ends up killing loads of people with his experiments its evil from the human point of view, even if David is just doing it out of curiosity.
To the viewer yes. It would be cool if he enjoyed it, as if he enjoyed the sense of power if gave him. Some cool possibilities there. Im dying to see how Ridley goes about it

Scorpio

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 03, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 03, 2017, 11:20:38 PM

I think David was interested in getting there too, he offered to help her get there for his own goals.

David needed Shaw to survive.  He first offered to take her back to Earth but she refused. 

QuoteShaw wanted answers, she doesn't seem like the person that would attack them without attempting to talk with them first.

Maybe she didn't get those answers so she kills them to 'save humanity' like how she convinced Janek to crash the Prometheus into the Juggernaut.

QuoteNow David, he seems to have gone full "unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality". No idea of what is his goal with all of this. I would assume he would be interested in talking with the engineers but I guess not.

He was following Weyland's orders in Prometheus.  Nothing sinister besides the fact he has no emotions or moral understanding.  Ash's smile at the end of the line "You have my sympathies" seemed to indicate he was evil.

newagescamartist

It's possible that he's attempting to create a biological body for himself, to be a real boy.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 03, 2017, 11:57:00 PM
Maybe she didn't get those answers so she kills them to 'save humanity' like how she convinced Janek to crash the Prometheus into the Juggernaut.

From the leaks it doesnt seem that way. Also the engineers on this planet seem different from the ones in Prometheus, they probably have no interest in attacking humanity otherwise they would have already done it.

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 03, 2017, 11:57:00 PM
He was following Weyland's orders in Prometheus.  Nothing sinister besides the fact he has no emotions or moral understanding.  Ash's smile at the end of the line "You have my sympathies" seemed to indicate he was evil.

He was already starting to become independent, and seemed to want Weyland to die so he could be free to what whatever he had in mind.

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 04, 2017, 12:20:38 AM
It's possible that he's attempting to create a biological body for himself, to be a real boy.

Thats cute.

motherfather

motherfather

The textbook scenario is that David 8 continues to be the villain. The twist would be, that this doesn't continue and he is an accidental hero, or deliberate hero.

Frankly, I'd prefer a diminished role for David 8 so he doesn't even get the chance to be a villain or hero, and I'm pretty sure that is what Shaw would have wanted by keeping him decapitated.

Unfortunately I might have to suck it up that this movie will make David 8 pivotal in his role in the movie, and also as either a villain or hero, and worst of all give him a closer connection to the alien/xeno/neo/spore pods.

Given that the trailers show a whole lot of killing going on, I see no reason why David and Walter get to be spared. Hopefully, xenos aren't too choosey and both androids get ripped to shreds the first time they encounter an alien.

hfeldhaus

It would be great if he was neither. I never thought he was outright evil in Prometheus. He is just a mischievous child. He's the main reason I'm excited for Covenant and we haven't even seen anything of him in the marketing.

Richman678

David will probably be a villain, but to him he will be doing what needs to be done. I'm guessing he wants to kill the engineers because they killed Peter Weyland.

Scorpio

David is the most interesting character in all the Alien movies.  I don't want him to die.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 04, 2017, 02:14:49 AM
David is the most interesting character in all the Alien movies.  I don't want him to die.
Awesome as david is, i gotta go with Ripley on that

Ultramorph

I'm OK with the prequel trilogy being David's show. Given a good enough script he has the potential to be a really cool villain.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 04, 2017, 02:14:49 AM

Oh yes. I hope he gets a good ending for his character. There's an inevitability there. Knowing he's nowhere in sight by Alien is sort of depressing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed