Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 91,977 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 01, 2017, 01:13:59 PM
So, how did David get a new body again? 😉

Probably his old body, retrieved by Shaw before they flew off.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 01, 2017, 01:16:11 PM
Has the trailer been screencapped fully yet?

Not yet. Darkness will likely do it when he gets chance. He's got some fancy software that does it.

Quote from: Beardomorph on Mar 01, 2017, 01:10:57 PM
Although I can't imagine more than a couple of seconds of footage differing from the green band trailer, if the Logan trailers are any indication of the differences.

I really doubt they'll be any major differences either.

Ultramorph

Oh wow, I hadn't loved at first how
Spoiler
the citadel was surrounded by the mummified Engineers. That's going to be an awesome set-piece.  :o
[close]

Molecules

Molecules

Those two last shots of the xeno are a beautiful thing to behold in gif form - it's amazing how far things have come in just the last decade (although I agree it doesn't look quite so hot in the long shots - almost like the AvP aliens clambering over that pyramid).

As Hicks said, the character animation conveys something supple but strong - as if its strength derives from the sheer span of its muscles.
People have said that it looks weightless? To me that is a realistic depiction of wind resistance encountered from clinging onto a spaceship spiraling several hundred feet in the air.
I would not be surprised if the two close-up shots in question were achieved with CG modelling over bunraku-esque puppetry, as they did with the Deacon shot in Prometheus.

Weirdly though, the red corridor shot did seem weightless, evoking the feel of ropey CG models of movies past, even if they were clearly going for the skittering insectoids of Aliens.

Rankles75

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2017, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 01, 2017, 01:13:59 PM
So, how did David get a new body again? 😉

Probably his old body, retrieved by Shaw before they flew off.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 01, 2017, 01:16:11 PM
Has the trailer been screencapped fully yet?

Not yet. Darkness will likely do it when he gets chance. He's got some fancy software that does it.

Quote from: Beardomorph on Mar 01, 2017, 01:10:57 PM
Although I can't imagine more than a couple of seconds of footage differing from the green band trailer, if the Logan trailers are any indication of the differences.

I really doubt they'll be any major differences either.

Not sure I'd be giving him his body back after the shit he pulled, personally... :)

Clemens70

Clemens70

I think I'm sending myself a little crazy re-watching this second trailer as I'm now convincing myself that the hooded/robed figure is actually Shaw.
I could be completely and utterly wrong, but there's just something about the action of the gun being raised ... I can't even explain it.
Has it been discussed/verified/shown that there is actually a "David" in any of the clips or stills, as I can only ever remember seeing a "Walter"?

The "looking down scene" of the Alien on the ceiling and the open chest cavity below is the one image I take from this trailer as being the most interesting, so far.

The anticipation levels have now increased even more, if that were possible,

fernandito

Scott can not be trusted, once more. The fact so much has been given away in a 2:30 trailer just as it happened before with prometheus irremediably points in toward that possibility. Yes, the trailer is very cool and all that, but so was the trailer of prometheus back in the day, and look what happened eventually.

Also, so underwhelming to finally see that we won't be rolling back to the old human-like behaviour/way of moving around displayed by first alien. We are again given an animal alien, no matter it spawns from a human host. The so called Neomorph seems to display same animal behaviour/way of moving as well, when it could have been an incredibly disturbing thing to see this thing moving like humans, or just like the first alien did. It also doesn't seem fully grown to me. It's small.

It was making it like a human what it was truly disturbing, scary and mysterious too after all, not the other way around.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2017, 01:07:36 PMThere's a green and red version of this one. Presumably it'll come online later today when it was originally intended to.

Ah, fair enough! I stand corrected.

Bojo

Bojo

Shaw is probably going to be this films (TFA) Luke Skywalker.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: Tangakkai on Mar 01, 2017, 09:53:23 AM
Quote from: Adorianu on Mar 01, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
They showed TOO MUCH.Im sure as hell ending of the trailer is probably at the end of the movie.Also how entire movie looks for now? Crew have some mission, they will meet something, David will know what is going on, first contact - infection, first victims, attempts of killing two Xeno like creatures, another dead bodies,and those creatures are killed too, new Alien that we see at the end of the trailer arrives, and then desperate attempts of saving their own butts (evacuation from the planet) only one,two or no one will survive.The End.

My guess is the Neomorph arrives first, wreaks havoc and is later killed by the Xeno, who will then be the main bad guy.

You are talking about the alien we see at the end of the trailer? then its not Neomorph but Protomorph.First we will get two white aliens that are called Neomorphs,they will be back and throat bursters and then Protomorph will arrive and he will have the bigger role,we see him in the trailer,Xenomorph probably will be created at the end of the movie,from android,thats why he will have biomechanical parts.

Quote from: harlequinade on Mar 01, 2017, 09:52:08 AM
Quote from: Adorianu on Mar 01, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
They showed TOO MUCH.Im sure as hell ending of the trailer is probably at the end of the movie.Also how entire movie looks for now? Crew have some mission, they will meet something, David will know what is going on, first contact - infection, first victims, attempts of killing two Xeno like creatures, another dead bodies,and those creatures are killed too, new Alien that we see at the end of the trailer arrives, and then desperate attempts of saving their own butts (evacuation from the planet) only one,two or no one will survive.The End.

To be fair that is practically every single Alien film. But it can still be executed well and be creepy however showing the final creature in the trailer IN DAYLIGHT even is a spectacularly horrible idea

But this looks too much like Prometheus but this time with aliens...Not to mention they showed alien in the trailer too much,some are joking we see more alien in this trailer than alien in the first movie ;P

harlequinade

Eh, the marketing and the the leaked plot really don't make me optimistic about this or future films. I mean it's bad if even before seeing the movie I know where all of this is going

Spoiler
Scott wants David to turns on humans, his creators and then he creates xeno which turns on him creating the xeno from first movie. The worst part is if they are this lazy with marketing I'm sure they are this lazy with the rest and didn't change all that much from the leaked plot
[close]

I just hope acting and atmosphere is fantastic because this could save this story

Adorianu

Quote from: harlequinade on Mar 01, 2017, 02:14:27 PM
Eh, the marketing and the the leaked plot really don't make me optimistic about this or future films. I mean it's bad if even before seeing the movie I know where all of this is going

Spoiler
Scott wants David to turns on humans, his creators and then he creates xeno which turns on him creating the xeno from first movie. The worst part is if they are this lazy with marketing I'm sure they are this lazy with the rest and didn't change all that much from the leaked plot
[close]

I just hope acting and atmosphere is fantastic because this could save this story

From this trailer that showed  a lot i think leaked story is probably true.Even without leak after this trailer you could predict how movie will look like.

Voted for Awesome! Better than the first.
Don't understand the nagging about the CGI. Especially the last Alien looks great. And i am not a CGI-fan.
And i like the story too. What else could it be?
I think it will be epic and grand.

cliffhanger

So i did not really enjoy this much.
To be honest, i'm feeling less and less excited for this movie.
my criticism lies more or less here, mainly for the trailer, but additionaly for the movie too

A) i dont like the hippie tone introduction of the crew. above all, i think the ship's crew should be more objective and less part of 'seeding' the planet.
B) i dont like waterston's daniels. she reminds me of the annoying 'super positive' yet 'super sensitive' classmate that wants to be a boy
C) i dont feel much vibe coming off from the cast. James Franco is one of the few, but well....i won't spoiler that.
D) i hate the alien-headsmacking on the windshield of the lander
E) i don't like at all how the alien looks when it's on top of the lander's windshield. it looks weird, CGI, and really, just bad.
F) i don't like the repetitive use of the redband trailer footage
G) the music used for the trailer was annoying in every way
H) again, i can't mention how much i was annoyed she was effin crying in the trailer
I ) I HATE how the neomorph looks

also:

the dogtag IS THAT OF SHAW?! thats BS right there. it has her name!

Pvt. Himmel

Sgt. Shanx

Absolutely amazing...looks terrifying and intense...gonna be up there with the first two alien movies no doubt!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed